Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 14:49   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
I am driving to Chennai from BTM layout on Sunday, December 6th at 9:00 AM. I will be taking the Krishnagiri, Vellore... route. How is the road conditions after the rain? What is the best route, post Ranipet? Appreciate your help.
If you are taking Krishnagiri, Vellore route, upto Ranipet, no problems. Beyond Ranipet, god save the roads. Good luck and drive safe !

Its raining very heavily again in Madras since yesterday, so roads are flooded and potholes are getting bigger. Watchout.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 17:36   #2192
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore. Onward was on Friday evening, due to some work start was delayed and was around 07:20 PM when I reached near Outer ring road - Intel flyover. From there took Sarjapur road and joined NH 7 at Hosur via Bagalur.

Road condition past Sarjapur is good, there was bit of traffic at Krishnagiri toll, apart from that it was all fine till Chennasamudram toll. Thankfully it was not raining, however the roads are patchy and you need to be careful if not to tear up your tyres.

Saw some 3 cars with punctures in that stretch, not sure if it was due to bad road or something else.

You can see the road conditions in my dashcam video -

Reached Chennai - Vadapalani half past midnight after a break of around 15 mins for having packed dinner.

Return was on Monday, started from Chennai around 02:30 PM and as soon I crossed Sriperumbedur toll it started raining heavily. Thanks to bad road and water-logging it was a scary drive till crossing Walajpet. Past that it was raining in between till Hosur, however nothing to be bothered about.

From Hosur took Bagalur - Sarjapur route again to avoid weekday rush on Electronic city - Silkboard - ORR route.

Dash camera video of bad road and rainy section -

mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 20:59   #2193
Team-BHP Support

I think its getting pretty bad out there in Chennai. And the storm warning is supposed to hold through this week. Guys drive with your own judgement and drive safe.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd December 2015 at 02:23.
Old 2nd December 2015, 01:53   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think its getting pretty bad out there in Chennai. And the storm warning is suppose to hold through this week. Guys drive with your own judgement and drive safe.
Unless its absolute emergency. I would suggest to postpone trips. Airport's been shutdown. At present the train link is running, southbound chord line trains are re-routed via Arakkonam, Jolarpettai. Don't know how long that's going to last.
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:03   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Unless its absolute emergency. I would suggest to postpone trips. Airport's been shutdown. At present the train link is running, southbound chord line trains are re-routed via Arakkonam, Jolarpettai. Don't know how long that's going to last.
I strongly agree. Chennai is almost at a standstill, the navy and the army have been pressed into action. All major roads are flooded, the communication network is barely working. Please restrict all travel in or out of the city.
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:48   #2196
BHPian

Bhpians - any update on this route? We are planning to transport relief materials and power banks to Chennai. Any help on this would be appreciated.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:27   #2197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Bhpians - any update on this route? We are planning to transport relief materials and power banks to Chennai. Any help on this would be appreciated.
What I last heard was, we can reach chennai but lot diversions once we are closer to the city.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:50   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
You can come through the traditional route itself if you wish. Just calculate around six to seven hours to get here as roads continue to deteriorate from Ranipet onwards.
:thumbup: really appreciate your efforts though.

Last edited by Turbohead : 3rd December 2015 at 14:01.
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:11   #2199
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone driving to chennai, make sure to fill the tank before chennai as the fuel stations in chennai are running out-of-stock or they are flooded or they are very crowded. I got this information from one of the news channel.
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:45   #2200
Senior - BHPian

The highway is largely ok, many have driven via Maduravoyal-Koyambedu-Chetpet. Specific areas are still a challenge. This you'll have to confirm from one who are staying there.

I only have information about T. Nagar where there is still about 3-4 feet water and receding. To be safe, tank up well ahead. Not really an issue yet, but just a precautionary measure.
Old 4th December 2015, 00:41   #2201
BHPian

We plan to travel early morning tomorrow to velachari to bring relatives to Bangalore. Is there any update on this route?
Old 4th December 2015, 00:51   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
We plan to travel early morning tomorrow to velachari to bring relatives to Bangalore. Is there any update on this route?
Here is an update from HVK forum,

"We just managed to leave chennai, on our way to Bangalore. The route we took was omr- kathipara- tambaram - chennai by pass- poonamalle - blore highway"
Old 4th December 2015, 07:29   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Please note, the government has suspended toll collection in Tamil Nadu till the 11th of December.
Old 4th December 2015, 18:31   #2204
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard that rains have again been pounding Chennai from 2pm this afternoon.
Given this, any updates on a safe route for Sholinganallur, Chennai to Bangalore ? Have a friend there who wanted to know just in case the situation gets out of hand and they can drive down to Bangalore.
Old 5th December 2015, 21:30   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Leaving tomorrow 4 AM to kadalur with 4 vehicles ( 2 Scorpios provided by Zoom, my Ertiga and another RItz) full of food and other relief materials. Any idea which is the best route to reach Kadalur? Heard road conditions are very bad en route.

Starting point Whitefield and Hosur. Really appreciate your update before 7 AM on 6th Dec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks