Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2021, 20:29   #3691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Cross Posting my Bangalore-Madras-Bangalore trip via Chittoor for reference.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5189896 (Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries)

-Ravi
Old 19th November 2021, 10:41   #3692
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Query on behalf of a friend:
Planning a Bangalore-Kanchi-Bangalore run this Sunday 21 Nov and want to know present condition of roads, both highway as well as inside Kanchi (any flooding?) after this long spell of rains (which is not over yet).

*I'm averse to taking risks and have dissuaded him from traveling this Sunday, but he still wants to hear first hand from folks who know/travel frequently on this stretch.

Last edited by NPV : 19th November 2021 at 10:48.
Old 20th November 2021, 20:24   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Query on behalf of a friend:
Planning a Bangalore-Kanchi-Bangalore run this Sunday 21 Nov and want to know present condition of roads, both highway as well as inside Kanchi (any flooding?) after this long spell of rains (which is not over yet).

*I'm averse to taking risks and have dissuaded him from traveling this Sunday, but he still wants to hear first hand from folks who know/travel frequently on this stretch.
No issues travelling by this route. I just came to Chennai from Bangalore today. The roads are a bit bad post Kanchipuram because of the rains but it is manageable.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:43   #3694
Senior - BHPian

My friend did a Blr-Poonamallee-Blr round trip two days back (Thursday). No issues whatsoever.
jkrishnakj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:32   #3695
Senior - BHPian

Just did Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore last weekend. (onwards: Saturday afternoon and return Monday morning. )
Took 6 hours on the onward journey starting from my office near Art of living Asram to Nolumbur, near Madurovayal junction. The return journey took 7 hours as I had to cut across the city to my home near Jakkur.

Bangalore-Hosur is in good condition with the usual truck traffic.
Hosur-Shoolagiri-Krishnagiri has a few shallow potholes here and there but can still maintain triple-digit speeds easily.
Krishnagiri-Vellore-Arcot-Walajah toll is in superb condition.
Walajah toll to Sriperumpudur is in a mess with plenty of potholes and diversions for road work. Need to be very careful especially at night. Some sections 6 lane-ing work is completed but those sections are very few in numbers.
Sriperumpudur to Madurovayal is manageable with few potholes here and there.
Google suggested a detour at Saveetha hospital to some interior roads to join the southern side of Madurovayal flyover. This saved me some time but had to wade through a lot of narrow streets. Fortunately did not get stuck anywhere.

ON the return direction, noticed that The Sriperumpudur - Walajah section is slightly better in condition than the opposite direction. There are potholes, but not as much as in the other direction.

It was a beautiful sight to see Palar flowing in all her glory at Ambur and below the Arcot bridge. There was a lot of crowd at both the places clicking selfies! Have done this route many times before but this probably is the first time seeing the river so full!
sandsun7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 23:22   #3696
BHPian

Is it advisable to travel from Bangalore to Chennai and back tomorrow? How is the road condition? My parents already reached there today by train and say that there is no water logging where they are staying (old washermenpet) but I am getting visuals of knee deep water everywhere as per news channels and Twitter. I was all set to leave bangalore tomorrow morning to attend my cousin's wedding but really confused now. Any ground level inputs about the road conditions will be very helpful. Thanks.
P.S. - I have to travel from Hoodi, Bangalore to the wedding venue in Anna Salai, Chennai.
Old 28th November 2021, 00:05   #3697
Senior - BHPian

As of now apart from some isolated waterlogging, there is nothing serious in core city. You should be able to get through based on situation now.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:54   #3698
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Bangalore this weekend - and considering that I have to go to Ramamurthy Nagar (near KR-puram), taking Chittoor route is shorter and saves time.

Any update on the Chittoor route?

Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:00   #3699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Any update on the Chittoor route?
Chittoor route has a separate thread. Some very recent updates there. TL;DR is that it is totally fine and the decision is purely based on where you want to reach in Bangalore.
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:32   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Chittoor route has a separate thread. Some very recent updates there. TL;DR is that it is totally fine and the decision is purely based on where you want to reach in Bangalore.
Thanks a ton for the update.

As I said, considering that my destination is Ramamurthy Nagar, Chittoor route is more beneficial.

Didn't know there is a separate thread for Chittoor route - but, your crisp summary shows positive signs. I will check again in the thread.

Thanks again!
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:20   #3701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Thanks a ton for the update.

As I said, considering that my destination is Ramamurthy Nagar, Chittoor route is more beneficial.

Didn't know there is a separate thread for Chittoor route - but, your crisp summary shows positive signs. I will check again in the thread.

Thanks again!
I used the chittoor route in November to reach Hebbal and it was good, some diversions here and there and single lane stretch for some kilometers, but overall the route is very much doable in daylight.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 10:19   #3702
Senior - BHPian

Have to drive to Chennai in next couple of days. Hope the weather and road conditions are all good, post recent rains. (Via Hosur). Please update otherwise if there is a latest update and something to be concerned about.
Old 6th December 2021, 09:57   #3703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Have to drive to Chennai in next couple of days. Hope the weather and road conditions are all good, post recent rains. (Via Hosur). Please update otherwise if there is a latest update and something to be concerned about.
All good. Nothing to concern about. Just go, drive and enjoy.

-Ravi
Old 6th December 2021, 15:46   #3704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
All good. Nothing to concern about. Just go, drive and enjoy.
Done.

Oops!! Lots of potholes and diversions (due to flyover constructions, lost the count) to accompany from Vellore all the way till Chennai.
Old 6th December 2021, 16:55   #3705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Done.

Oops!! Lots of potholes and diversions (due to flyover constructions, lost the count) to accompany from Vellore all the way till Chennai.
The diversions for the flyovers have been there for a while now, but the transition to the service road was quite smooth. I guess the recent rains have ruined that.

Most Viewed