Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2021, 11:12   #3616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRSiva27 View Post
We're planning to take this route to travel to Chennai from CV Raman Nagar, Bengaluru in the next couple of days. Is there an E-Pass mandate in force to pass through Chittoor/TN Entry?

Thanks in advance!
On paper, for inter-state travel ePass is needed to enter TN, although no one really checks. Don't take any chance. Its just 5 minutes work, so do take it.

As you saw in my previous posts, i drove from C.V.Raman Nagar to Madras via Chittoor route last friday. There are checks in AP entry, so you can show the ePass to prove that you are traveling towards Madras.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 14:50   #3617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
On paper, for inter-state travel ePass is needed to enter TN, although no one really checks. Don't take any chance. Its just 5 minutes work, so do take it.

-Ravi
Yes, its just random checks. Yesterday I crossed Attibele towards Hosur, there was no checking. Same during the return as well.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 10:44   #3618

I did my Bangalore to chennai trip via chitoor on 9th Jul. Roads were good till Chittor and became worst afterwards for about 15-20 kms due to rain. Low GC vehicles will definitely take a hit as there is no proper road and also pits became deeper in many spots with water logging. Many surprise merging of double roads to single road. Should be careful while overtaking. From TN border, roads were good even though its a single road.

No one bothered to check for inter state travel epass in Serkadu TN. But, to my surprise I was stopped by few policemen somewhere before chitoor and asked if I carry any liquor bottles and even checked my bags and car boot area will attach a pic. Other than that no other checking. Even Walajah to Chennai highway is not in good condition as Bangalore - Chitoor highway. Started at 6 40 AM from Battrahalli, reached Velachery at 1215 PM with just one bio break in between. Chennai is back to Normal traffic.
Total 6 Toll gate collection centers which costed 250 rupees (Mahasamudram and Mulbagal tolls being highest collected 85 and 70 rupees respectively)
GurulovesFord is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 10:59   #3619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurulovesFord View Post
But, to my surprise I was stopped by few policemen somewhere before chitoor and asked if I carry any liquor bottles and even checked my bags and car boot area will attach a pic.
AP border liquor checking has gone on for many years. I’ve seen this happen even on the Telangana - AP border when driving from Chennai to Hyderabad and back.

I see that the 20-25 km under construction stretch near the Chittor bypass has become a permanent feature of the road rather than a temporary thing .. I’ve driven that stretch lots of times but not sure I’ve seen any road crews working on it or parked road rollers, tar boilers etc.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 10:01   #3620
BHPian

Has anyone done a night drive on this route recently? I know there is a night curfew in BLR which I can avoid but are there any restrictions on the highway? With my work timings and my kid's school am accustomed to a night drive and will have to waste an entire day if I were to drive during the day.
Old 27th July 2021, 11:03   #3621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
are there any restrictions on the highway?
I've driven 3 weeks back between 1900-midnight to Madras on NH45, no night restrictions.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 12:00   #3622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I’ve driven that stretch lots of times but not sure I’ve seen any road crews working on it or parked road rollers, tar boilers etc.
This stretch is stalled for want of funds and in legal tussle to change the contractor as he was appointed by the last government.
Old 28th July 2021, 13:53   #3623
BHPian

Quick question -

I heard there is an express highway coming up from Hoskote to Sriperambatur.

Is it an extension to existing route / road or a completely new route. Any updates or threads in this regard.
Old 28th July 2021, 14:51   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
I heard there is an express highway coming up from Hoskote to Sriperambatur.

Is it an extension to existing route / road or a completely new route.
It is supposed to be greenfield. But its utility is going to be questionable, given it is going to be only 4 lanes (the existing GQ route is 6 lanes till Sriperumbudur). Plus it will face significant objections given that it has to cut through forest areas.

Here is a recent update: https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...d-2258761.html
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:17   #3625
Distinguished - BHPian

31- July - Bangalore - Chennai

Started from HSR at 5.30 AM, there was moderate traffic till Krishnagiri. Both Attibelle and Krishnagiri toll booths had slightly longer line of vehicles too. Took around 5 mins to cross each.

Past that, traffic was thin till Vellore. There is culvert work ongoing near Vellore, hence both sides two lanes are closed and traffic narrows down to single lane.

Past that till Walajpet things are smooth as usual. Once the WIP sections start, it becomes difficult. Deviations are smooth and well marked, hence no issues there. However, the work seems to have stopped. Compared to what I noticed during my last drive in this section in February, I didn't find any major improvement. Infact, just noticed one location where work was ongoing during the drive.

Again, past that toll booths were smooth. Once in Chennai town limits, there was heavy traffic. However, the byepass road is patched up. Reached Vadapalani around 10.00 AM without any stops enroute.

There was no checks enroute for Covid related pass, though we were carrying E-pass with us.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 20:42   #3626
BHPian

What's with the new institutional quarantine rule if one doesn't have a rt-pcr? Some links say its only for MH and KL but other links say its required for travelers from any other state !! Any clarity on this please?
Old 4th August 2021, 22:52   #3627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinothAJ View Post
What's with the new institutional quarantine rule if one doesn't have a rt-pcr? Some links say its only for MH and KL
Yes, even I saw one news link initially mentioning that it's required for all. However, seems that it was a wrong update and it's required only for MH and KL. That's what is mentioned in all other news channels and also in the KA goverment circular.

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img_20210804_224917_625.jpg
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 11:31   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There was no checks enroute for Covid related pass, though we were carrying E-pass with us.

I was looking at epass application. What are the travel reason documents required for epass? We plan to visit Yercaud from Bangalore (KA vehicle) and just stay at an Airbnb.

Things are heating up in terms of confusion on epass/RTPCR etc. Any recent August travelers can clarify if checks are tighter now.
Old 5th August 2021, 11:44   #3629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
What are the travel reason documents required for epass?
EPass is an auto approved entry.
I got a simple writeup letter with the reason for travel (visiting family in my case) and with the ID proof in attached in same letter. This document is what I use for all the the E-pass request since last year.
mpksuhas is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 20:57   #3630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
Things are heating up in terms of confusion on epass/RTPCR etc. Any recent August travelers can clarify if checks are tighter now.
We were not stopped at the border in Hosur today while entering Tamil Nadu. We were in a KA registered car.

However, at the forest checkpost at the entrance to Yercaud ghat road from Salem, they asked us if we were vaccinated with 2 doses and asked us to show the certificates. We were carrying an epass but they didn't ask for that. I am not sure what they would have done if we didn't have the vaccine certificates.
puntOOs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks