Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2017, 10:40   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Has anyone traveled on Hyderabad-Shirdi-Hyderabad route recently? Is the following route recommended by mobike008 is still the best route to drive?

Hyderabad-Pargi-Kodangal-Sedam-Gulbarga-Akkalkot-Solapur-Tembhurni-Karmala-Ahmednagar-Shirdi (644kms)

Shirdi-Ahmednagar-Karmala-Temburhni-Solapur-Akkalkot-Gulbarga-Sedam-Kodangal-Pargi-Hyderabad (644kms)

Any advice in this regard is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th November 2017, 21:26   #212
Senior - BHPian

Still by far the best route. Of course a possibly cheaper and certainly faster alternative is for you to fly into Mumbai or Pune and drive a Myles or Zoomcar down to Shirdi from there.
Old 6th November 2017, 17:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Still by far the best route. Of course a possibly cheaper and certainly faster alternative is for you to fly into Mumbai or Pune and drive a Myles or Zoomcar down to Shirdi from there.
Alliance Air (Air India) flies to Shirdi daily from Hyderabad.
Old 6th November 2017, 17:05   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Alliance Air (Air India) flies to Shirdi daily from Hyderabad.
It flies to a tiny village 50..60 km away from Shirdi from where there is an AC bus service to take you to Shirdi over some horrible roads. That village as far as I read in the papers, doesn't even have a regular bus connection of its own, and they can't afford the fare charged by the AC bus and nor does it suit their timings for college, work in other towns etc, so that they are forced to rely on yellow board shared jeeps and tata magics.

Only flight into that airport is Alliance Air. So tickets are likely to get expensive given the monopoly enjoyed, and you'll end up in one of their 16 rickety ATRs. I'd personally prefer to drive from Pune but you're welcome to try the Alliance Air experience
Old 6th November 2017, 17:18   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It flies to a tiny village 50..60 km away from Shirdi from where there is an AC bus service to take you to Shirdi over some horrible roads. That village as far as I read in the papers, doesn't even have a regular bus connection of its own, and they can't afford the fare charged by the AC bus and nor does it suit their timings for college, work in other towns etc, so that they are forced to rely on yellow board shared jeeps and tata magics.

Only flight into that airport is Alliance Air. So tickets are likely to get expensive given the monopoly enjoyed, and you'll end up in one of their 16 rickety ATRs. I'd personally prefer to drive from Pune but you're welcome to try the Alliance Air experience
The Shirdi airport is around 15 km from Shirdi.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirdi_Airport

https://goo.gl/maps/QNmxZ9731Ft
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 18:52   #216
BHPian

Guys need advice on the route suggested by Google maps to Shirdi from Hyderabad. I know the roads from Omerga to Solapur is bad and do not mind it for those 100kms.

It shows the following route which is 596kms.
Hyderabad (from Suchitra X roads) -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Omerga -> Lohara -> Bembli -> Osmanabad -> Karda -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi.

The alternate route is 619kms but only 25mins longer.
Hyderabad (from Suchitra X roads) -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Omerga -> Solapur -> Karmala -> Jalgaon -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi.

Is the first one a good route or the second one?

Kindly reply!
Old 4th December 2017, 11:15   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Guys need advice on the route suggested by Google maps to Shirdi from Hyderabad. I know the roads from Omerga to Solapur is bad and do not mind it for those 100kms.

Hyderabad (from Suchitra X roads) -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Omerga -> Lohara -> Bembli -> Osmanabad -> Karda -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi.

Hyderabad (from Suchitra X roads) -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Omerga -> Solapur -> Karmala -> Jalgaon -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi.

Kindly reply!
The route via Karmala is the preferred one.Budget for a 10-12hr drive
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 00:49   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

Kindly reply!
My friend , just stick to 596km one , as I have done that route last month. Dont touch solapur , is worse now. The first route is manageble and I reached shirdi in 12 hours with lunch and plenty of breaks.
Rama Naveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 12:02   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
My friend , just stick to 596km one , as I have done that route last month. Dont touch solapur , is worse now. The first route is manageble and I reached shirdi in 12 hours with lunch and plenty of breaks.

Hi Rama Naveen! I think it would be better to travel via Solapur (take the bypass) till Tembhurni and then drive to Ahmednagar. The road till Tembhurni is 4 lane toll highway which will give an opportunity to maintain good progress. Tembhurni-Ahmednagar is also a good road.
Interior roads in MH are not that great!
Old 11th December 2017, 12:43   #220
Senior - BHPian

Exactly how bad is the Tembhurni-Nagar section? I have to do Solapur-Shirdi one of these days. I see very differing opinions on this stretch. Looking at Avi's pictures it doesnt seem all that bad. Other options either seem to have adding more questions marks than answers.

I have a darshan booked for 5:00 pm. If I start at 9 from Solapur, would I be able to reach by 3:30 ?
Old 11th December 2017, 14:22   #221
BHPian

Tembhurni-Nagar is doable, some stretches are bad otherwise it's good. Solapur to Tembhurni is around 2 hours drive, Tembhuri-Nagar is around 3 & Nagar-Shirdi is approximately 2.5-3 hours.
Keep some contingency as the sugar cane crushing season is in peak & you might encounter some slow traffic because of truck tractor convoys moving slowly.
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 13:27   #222
BHPian

Hello All, planning for a Hyderabad to Shirdi road trip along with below places:
- Shani Shignapur
- Trimbakeshwar
- Ellora & Ajanta caves

Below is the route suggested by Google. Please advice on the road conditions and any other recommended alternate routes.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-shiridi-trip.png  

Old 13th December 2017, 21:44   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Hello All, planning for a Hyderabad to Shirdi road trip along with below places:
- Shani Shignapur
- Trimbakeshwar
- Ellora & Ajanta caves

Below is the route suggested by Google. Please advice on the road conditions and any other recommended alternate routes.

As I suggested in my earlier post. It would be good to take Pune road till Tembhurni & then proceed to Ahmednagar.
Or travel till Pune & proceed to Nasik first & visit Trimbakeshwar. From Nasik proceed to Shirdi followed by Shani Shignapur & plan a night stay in Aurangabad. Travel to Ellora & Ajanta keeping Aurangabad as place to stay.
Plan return via Ahmednagar-Tembhurni-Hyderabad.
Roads via Nanded or Barshi are not in good state & you can't maintain a good pace on these interior roads. Also there will be no good restaurants, fuel pumps or rest rooms.
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 00:00   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
As I suggested in my earlier post. It would be good to take Pune road till Tembhurni & then proceed to Ahmednagar.
Or travel till Pune & proceed to Nasik first & visit Trimbakeshwar. From Nasik proceed to Shirdi followed by Shani Shignapur & plan a night stay in Aurangabad. Travel to Ellora & Ajanta keeping Aurangabad as place to stay.
Plan return via Ahmednagar-Tembhurni-Hyderabad.
Roads via Nanded or Barshi are not in good state & you can't maintain a good pace on these interior roads. Also there will be no good restaurants, fuel pumps or rest rooms.
Thanks much.

With Route 1 being google suggested route above.

Route 2: Suggested route via Pune and then to Nasik would be 300+ kms more than the google suggested route. Just changed the order to reduce another 100 kms from your suggested route (return via Ahmednagar)

Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-via-pune.png

Route 3: Another route per your suggestion (via Ahmednagar) is coming to 200+ kms from google suggested route. I see this is your recommended route.

Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-tembhurni-shirdi.png

Route 4: Another option is from the google suggested onward route (via Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Omerga -> Osmanabad -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi) and then return via Aurangabad -> Ahmednagar and then same onward route. This is another 100 kms less than Route 3.

Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-google-recommended-onwards-customissed-return.png

With 1 night stay at Shirdi and 2nd night stay at Aurangabad, do you think we can cover the tagged places by following the 3rd or 4th route?

Route 5: mobike008 suggested route to Shirdi. This is about 250+ kms more than the google recommended route for my itinerary.

Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-mobik-suggested.png

Last edited by theMAG : 14th December 2017 at 05:49. Reason: Back-back posts merged/as requested
Old 14th December 2017, 14:33   #225
BHPian

Hi Eyas337, I agree with you that distance wise the routes will be longer, but the roads are in good shape & you can cover the distance quickly and comfortably.
Driving through the interior roads will be tad difficult, as most of them are single carriage ways. So you will have to overtake frequently and you have to pass through small towns & villages. Also the sugarcane crushing season is in peak so there would slow traffic.
I suggested you to drive to Nasik directly as you wanted to visit Trimbakeshwar. If you can drop this, then you can drive to Ahmednagar-Aurangabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks