Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 18:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by varma View Post
vnabhi

Can you please update on the second recommended route?
The alternate route mentioned would be Shirdi-Rahuri-Nagar-NH222-Pathardi-Majalgaon-Pathri-Parbhani-Basmat-Nanded-Nirmal-NH7-Hyderabad

https://goo.gl/maps/vIKzT
Old 24th December 2014, 22:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
vnabhi

Can you please update on the second recommended route?
The one posted by ranjitp1 is the one.

In the meanwhile, I'm not sure of the current state of the Tembhurni to Ahmednagar route, which is the most widely used route. Any updates?
Old 24th December 2014, 23:30   #168
BHPian

It is almost 170 kilometers more when compare to the regular route. Is this still the recommended router or any other better alternatives?
Old 25th December 2014, 23:19   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is almost 170 kilometers more when compare to the regular route. Is this still the recommended router or any other better alternatives?
My suggestion would be to stick to the normal NH9 Karmala route.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:05   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The alternate route mentioned would be Shirdi-Rahuri-Nagar-NH222-Pathardi-Majalgaon-Pathri-Parbhani-Basmat-Nanded-Nirmal-NH7-Hyderabad

https://goo.gl/maps/vIKzT
Unless you are a sworn enemy of your vehicle, do not even dream of travelling between Nanded and Nirmal on NH202. The road is literally non existent with top tarmac peeled off and full of potholes.
The Nanded-Narsi SH6 is a 4 laned smooth road while Narsi-TS/MH Border (before Bodhan) SH225(?) is a 2/3 laned undivided smooth highway. After crossing into TS, the roads are bad, actually very bad but far superior to NH202. This route helps save distance, time and toll expenses. Crossing Nizamabad is frustrating and takes 30 minutes or so but still makes it a more preferable route.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 19:11   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The one posted by ranjitp1 is the one.

In the meanwhile, I'm not sure of the current state of the Tembhurni to Ahmednagar route, which is the most widely used route. Any updates?
I have done this section in the beginning of Nov'14. The road widening is in progress and can be quite a pain negotiating the rough road and potholes specially around the diversions and reduces your average speed considerably. Advisable to do this section during day time.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 16:28   #172
BHPian

Took the following route in my return journey on 29 December: Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Jamkhed - Bhoom - Osmanabad - Tuljhapur - Naldurg - Zaheerabad - Hyderabad.

Except for some 10 kms. stretch between Jamkhed and Bhoom which was in bad condition, mostly good roads and traffic was sparse. There was some truck traffic, but no bunching, so overtaking was no pain. I have not traveled on the regular route via Tembhurni, so cannot comment on which is better. But, once I entered NH9 at Naldurg though, speeds reduced considerably. Driving time was around 12 h. Actual time taken was more, as was traveling with a toddler requiring feeding breaks.
Old 3rd January 2015, 17:52   #173
BHPian

Jamkhed route is better because of sparse traffic. However, it is notorious for dacoits. Search tbhp for it. I am not sure what is the condition now.
Old 4th January 2015, 14:33   #174
BHPian

I guess we wanted to take the Jamkhed-Beed-Osmanabad route (to avoid Bhum ). The mobile GPS lost signal in between and we were on our own with no one to ask. Fortunately, we traveled with sufficient day light and journey was peaceful.

Last edited by stringbh : 4th January 2015 at 14:39.
Old 6th January 2015, 13:41   #175

I have been on this route from Aurangabad - Jalna - Jintur - Basmat - Nanded - Nirmal - Hyd. This road is quite better compare to Karmala - Tembhurni - Sholapur - Hyd. It took me around 9 hours to reach from Aurangabad to Hyd. Aurangabad to Jintur -> road is good almost 4 lane before 30 kms to Jintur. After that lot of rough patches but still road is ok. The nanded nirmal road is fine and coups of potholes after Bhonker near border. Road widening is going on between Bhainsa and Nirmal, I travelled in night, so didn't face much traffic.
Old 6th January 2015, 22:36   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Unless you are a sworn enemy of your vehicle, do not even dream of travelling between Nanded and Nirmal on NH202. The road is literally non existent with top tarmac peeled off and full of potholes.
The Nanded-Narsi SH6 is a 4 laned smooth road while Narsi-TS/MH Border (before Bodhan) SH225(?) is a 2/3 laned undivided smooth highway. After crossing into TS, the roads are bad, actually very bad but far superior to NH202. This route helps save distance, time and toll expenses. Crossing Nizamabad is frustrating and takes 30 minutes or so but still makes it a more preferable route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
I have been on this route from Aurangabad - Jalna - Jintur - Basmat - Nanded - Nirmal - Hyd. This road is quite better compare to Karmala - Tembhurni - Sholapur - Hyd. It took me around 9 hours to reach from Aurangabad to Hyd. Aurangabad to Jintur -> road is good almost 4 lane before 30 kms to Jintur. After that lot of rough patches but still road is ok. The nanded nirmal road is fine and coups of potholes after Bhonker near border. Road widening is going on between Bhainsa and Nirmal, I travelled in night, so didn't face much traffic.
Both the above feedbacks are contradictory to one another. And both seem to be recent updates. At least I know that Hyd_traveller travelled recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
I guess we wanted to take the Jamkhed-Beed-Osmanabad route (to avoid Bhum ). The mobile GPS lost signal in between and we were on our own with no one to ask. Fortunately, we traveled with sufficient day light and journey was peaceful.
That would have been a better route, though around 30 kms longer. We took it in Nov 2012. The area around Jamkhed was desolate in the afternoon and reminded me of the Grand Canyon. I was not aware of the dacoit problem till I read posts on this forum.

You should have taken a left turn in Jamkhed to go via the Beed route. The straight route takes you to Bhoom.
Old 7th January 2015, 22:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
The area around Jamkhed was desolate in the afternoon and reminded me of the Grand Canyon. I was not aware of the dacoit problem till I read posts on this forum.

You should have taken a left turn in Jamkhed to go via the Beed route.
Indeed, Jamkhed to Bhoom was devoid of humans. I remember telling my wife that something is wrong, we probably missed a turn or something.

After reading the back pages here, I feel I should have gone back (to Bhubaneswar) via Nagpur-Sambalpur route. However, four lane work from Arang to Saraipali (a stretch of 150 kms at OD/CG border) was also painful, though motorable. So, took Shirdi - Hyderabad - Vizag route, just for a different driving experience, even though it was longer. After all, this is what bhpians do .

However, even Jamkhed-Beed route is not a favorite with bhpians ? The preferred/suggested route is via Tembhurni ?
Old 7th January 2015, 22:41   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
However, even Jamkhed-Beed route is not a favorite with bhpians ? The preferred/suggested route is via Tembhurni ?
Yes, the preferred route all along was the one via Karmala and Tembhurni. But as that is in shambles now, I guess the route via Beed will be better, at least for day trips. When I did the trip on Nov 2012, I felt the Beed route was better. But at that time, the Karmala stretch was fine; it was the Solaput to Temburni stretch on NH9 that was in a horrid state.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 15:27   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
The nanded nirmal road is fine and coups of potholes after Bhonker near border. Road widening is going on between Bhainsa and Nirmal, I travelled in night, so didn't face much traffic.
Quote:
Both the above feedbacks are contradictory to one another. And both seem to be recent updates. At least I know that Hyd_traveller travelled recently.
True vnbahi, absolutely contradictory. I travelled on 26th Dec 2014.
I travelled the sector in day time and the whole stretch and from Nirmal to Bhainsa was bad to very bad, Bhainsa to Bhokar to Dabhad was very bad to absolute disaster. The road was just potholes ranging from missing tar types to deep craters types. BTW, there is near zero traffic on the road and trucks are a rare sight (which is an indication of the road condition).
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 09:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please avoid to travel on nagar -pathrdi - beed nh, nagar - jamkhed - manjarsumba, karmala - bhum- barshi route after sunset. These routes are NOT safe to travel after sunset. I repeat, these routes are not safe to travel after sunset. Baaki aapki marzi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks