Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:49   #31
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Planning to make a trip to Shirdi from Hyderabad mostly this weekend.

Will take the route Hyderabad - solapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi Route. Have taken the route maps from mapmyindia and will be there for 2 days.

Start at Hyderabad on Sunday early morning. Reach Shirdi by evening (Hoping so).
Darshan in the morning( Monday) and a site seeing trip later to near by places (Nasik, Triembak, and Singanapur). Back to Hyderabad the next day.

Have few quires and also wanted some tips:

1: Is this route safe enough to travel, as i will be accompanied with my wife and 1 year old baby. Will be traveling in the day most of the time. Except might be the Ahmadnagar - Shirdi stretch as it might be evening when i reach.
2: Wanted to know the road conditions of the route mentioned.
3: Will there be any eateries available.
4: Tips for traveling, as I am doing such a long trip (500+) for the first time with family.
5: Car being used is Santro XO (2006). Any tips on it for hassle free ride.

Things I have taken into consideration:

1. Will take lots of water.
2. Emergency food and baby food will be carried.
3. Am also planning to take some sand bags in the rear to give more stability to the car. (If required) depends on the replies from the experts.
4. Cash enough for petrol topups, might be useful if Credit card is not accepted.

Any more tips from the experts please….

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd December 2008 at 17:52. Reason: Removed Color & font tags
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Will take the route Hyderabad - solapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi Route.
yes, you are on right route.
ahmednagar-shirdi stretch has lot of truck traffic. road widening is going on. expect some diversions and potholed road at this stretch. route is safe.
as you had mentioned about shinganapur, i will suggest following .
day1- hydrabad to ahmadnagar halt.
day2- ahmadnagar-shani shinganapur.
sahni shinganpur-shirdi. halt at shirdi if required or go to nasik and halt.
day3-nasik and trimbakeshwar.
day4-nasik-hydrabad via pune, solapur.

you need not to carry sand bags.
lot of eateries on road.

edit. if you are opting for only two day trip, then on first day, halt at shirdi. on second day, take darshan at shirdi and shinganapur and start toward hydrabad.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd December 2008 at 18:10.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:35   #33
BHPian

day1- hydrabad to ahmadnagar halt.
day2- ahmadnagar-shani shinganapur.
sahni shinganpur-shirdi. halt at shirdi if required or go to nasik and halt.
day3-nasik and trimbakeshwar.
day4-nasik-hydrabad via pune, solapur.

Thanks much for the info.... i am planning only for 2 nights and 3 days (Including travel) as it might be tiredsum for the baby to travel for such long time....

28th Travel to Shirdi (Night stay at shirdi)
29th Drashan and trip to nasik or shinganapur (Night stay at shirdi)
30th Travel back to Hyderabad.

If there is accomidation avaiable for the next day might stay back but this is not confirmed.

Have one more question are there any good hotels in nashik to stay( Travelling with baby). So have to be a good clean one.

And also what about the Stretch from Hyd to solapur and upto Ahmadnagar.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:35   #34
BHPian

I had taken up the same trip in Oct'08.I lot of information is available on this thread howerver to reach Shirdi,I would suggest the route again: Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Homnabad-Omerga-Naldurg-Sholapur-Timburni(400kms from Hyd and approx 95kms from Solapur and you could have lunch here or earlier at Solapur-Junglee Dhaba).

Take the right turn at Timburni to head towards Ahmednagar,the approx distance being 140kms.From Ahmednagar the distance to Shirdi is 80kms.

Just out of Ahmednagar the roads were in bad shape for about 20kms,there after the 4 laning is going on.

Before reaching Shirdi,I suggest you complete Shanishingnapur which is on the way to Shirdi,however you need to take right from the main highway and travel a distance of 30kms one way.

Direct travel to Shirdi from Hyderabad should take approx 12 hrs.

From Shirdi you could reach Nashik and from here,Trimbakeshwar is 25 kms.The road to reach Trimbakeshwar is called as Trimbak road with directions available,however it is advisable to ask people at crossroads/roundabouts.

Have a safe and happy journey.Any further information you could PM me.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:20   #35
BHPian

Thank you very much for the wishes, replies and info. Will try to put a travel log as i am very bad at it but will sure try it this time.
Old 10th May 2009, 09:36   #36
BHPian

Current road conditions

Planning to do this trip in second week of next month.

Any updates on current road conditions, especially between Temburni - Karmala - Ahmednagar - Shirdi.
Old 25th July 2009, 17:45   #37
BHPian

Hyderabad to shirdi

Hi, people who have done this recently, can you give me some information on hows the road condition, traffic, the time it takes to do this trip and routes?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Check this thread for more information

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-shirdi-3.html
Old 28th July 2009, 16:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

for information,
there is new train started for shirdi.
vishakapattanam-shirdi[sainagar] via secunderabad.
for details, check indianrail.gov.in
Old 28th July 2009, 16:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Hi, people who have done this recently, can you give me some information on hows the road condition, traffic, the time it takes to do this trip and routes?

Thanks in advance.
I had done Hyd - Shirdi last month on 8th June, it took me 13hrs to cover the distance of 600kms. Started at 5:45am from Hyderabad and reached Shirdi at 6:30pm.

The drive is breeze till sholapur, I had my first break after crossing Sholapur for breakfast. From Sholapur I have encountered a lot of truck traffic and that increased more once I am off NH9 towards Ahmednagar. Stopped for lunch again at Ahmednagar. The last leg of 80kms from Ahmednagar to Shirdi, four lane work is in progress, took much time to cover this distance as it was evening and 5kms before shirdi it was full of traffic as all kind of vehicles coming out of shirdi.

Over all the road conditions were good, suggest you to start a bit more early.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:42   #41
BHPian

Thanks everyone and IndianNomad in particular for going through and replying.

Do you have to go all the way upto sholapur or you can turn towards NH211 near anadur as google maps show. Did you use the NH211 via tuljapur or you took NH9 via shetfal/indapur/boribial and then SH10 to ahmadnagar?
Old 4th August 2009, 10:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Thanks everyone and IndianNomad in particular for going through and replying.

Do you have to go all the way upto sholapur or you can turn towards NH211 near anadur as google maps show. Did you use the NH211 via tuljapur or you took NH9 via shetfal/indapur/boribial and then SH10 to ahmadnagar?
There are two options to reach Shirdi from Hyderabad and I sudggest that you take the Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Sholapur-Timburni-Ahmednagar-Shirdi route as you would be using the NH and SH. This route is simple to follow and taken by most who are travelling to Shirdi from Hyderabad.

In the second option you may take Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Bhoom-Jamkhed-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.

I prefer the 1st option as the road conditions are good/have a lot of options to take breaks for lunch/tea.
Old 4th August 2009, 10:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post

In the second option you may take Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Bhoom-Jamkhed-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.

I prefer the 1st option as the road conditions are good/have a lot of options to take breaks for lunch/tea.
Please please please, don't try this osmanabad to nagar via jamkhed route.
Even i do not dare to take this route. Bad road, lonely road, thieves and daaku are present on this route.

In option 1, you will face heavy traffic between solapur to tembhurni.
Old 4th August 2009, 13:33   #44
BHPian

Thanks Ashish and zen, that was really useful information. As you recommend, I will take the first route via Sholapur and Timburni, planning to do this trip sometimes in second week on August. Will post pics and hopefully my first travalogue :-) after I do this. I have done Mumbai-Hyderabad and Hyderabad-Vizag-Araku but I wasn't a team-bhp member then. This site is really cool.
Cheers
Old 4th August 2009, 14:22   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

First route seems to be a good option. Route until Solapur can be covered in 5 hours and thereafter the road narrows down and expect heavy traffic. Whatever may be the case, it should not take over 12 hours ( including breaks) to reach Shirdi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks