Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 19:06   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Guys, please avoid to travel on nagar -pathrdi - beed nh, nagar - jamkhed - manjarsumba, karmala - bhum- barshi route after sunset. These routes are NOT safe to travel after sunset. I repeat, these routes are not safe to travel after sunset. Baaki aapki marzi.
Is it that the roads are bad and poorly lit (which is fairly true), or did you get robbed or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I was searching for the best from Hyderabad to Ahmadnagar today and found that Google maps is showing a route from Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Bidar->Udgir->Ambajogai->Beed-Ahmadnagar as the fastest route.

How is the above route? Or should we stick to the regular route via Solapur?
Old post but I used to live in Bidar years back and still go back there occasionally.

This road - well, till Zaheerabad it is the Hyd - Mumbai highway. From there to Bidar it is a fairly winding two lane highway that passes through a bunch of sugar factories. The stink of molasses will almost knock you out .. not to mention all the sugarcane laden tractors you find hogging the road.

Bidar onwards the road is nothing too much to write home about till you get closer to ahmednagar.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th February 2015 at 14:18. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 4th April 2015, 22:40   #182
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Guys, a colleague of mine is planning a road trip to Shirdi shortly from Hyderabad. Which of the below would be the best route, given the road widening work near Humnabad and Karmala:
  1. Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Solapur -> Tembhurni -> Karmala -> Nagar -<Shirdi
  2. Hyderabad -> Nizamabad -> Nanded -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi
  3. Hyderabad -> Bidar -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi

In case route 2 or 3 are considered better, need detailed route map from Nanded or Bidar to Ahmednagar please.
Old 5th April 2015, 16:15   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Which of the below would be the best route, given the road widening work near Humnabad and Karmala:
  1. Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Solapur -> Tembhurni -> Karmala -> Nagar -<Shirdi
  2. Hyderabad -> Nizamabad -> Nanded -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi
  3. Hyderabad -> Bidar -> Ahmednagar -> Shirdi
In case route 2 or 3 are considered better, need detailed route map from Nanded or Bidar to Ahmednagar please.
Nanded to Ahmednagar is pretty much straight-forward. NH222 all the way. I am only answering the query about the detailed route map part and not the main question.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 17:59   #184
BHPian

Dear Members,

I have a query regarding condition of NH 222 from Kalyan to Ahmednagar.
Has anyone used it, since it is easy and shortest for people returning from Shani Shingnapur to Mumbai.

Thank you for feedback.
Old 17th June 2015, 18:28   #185
BHPian

Hello All,

We did Hyderabad - Shirdi over the last weekend and I am posting the route details below,

Onward Journey - Hyderabad to Shirdi - 12 June 2015.

Return Journey - Shirdi to Hyderabad 14 June 2015.

For complete trip details kindly check the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3733172

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 17:53   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hyderabad - Shirdi
Wonderful feedback with decent numbers. Will be doing Hyderabad - Shirdi. Next week.

Using a Santro and travelling with Kids. Will mostly be doing the same routes.

However does anyone have update on the Omerga - Tuljapur - Barshi - Nagar roads? One of my colleague said roads were good. Its almost a month now that he travelled.

Thank you
Old 30th June 2015, 18:25   #187
Senior - BHPian

That area seems to be getting a lot of love from the authorities.

I drove down pune to shirdi over this weekend. The pune - ahmednagar road is quite well patched up and silky smooth, and then the minefield that used to be the Ahmednagar bypass has been very well laid now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Wonderful feedback with decent numbers. Will be doing Hyderabad - Shirdi. Next week.

Using a Santro and travelling with Kids. Will mostly be doing the same routes.

However does anyone have update on the Omerga - Tuljapur - Barshi - Nagar roads? One of my colleague said roads were good. Its almost a month now that he travelled.

Thank you
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 13:18   #188
BHPian

Hello All

Back from Hyderabad - Shirdi trip. Below are few points from me.

Onward Route - Hyderabad - Sholapur - Nagar - Shingnapur - Shiridi.

Travel Time - 14 hrs Including Breaks - 30 Mins (Break Fast) - 45 Mins - (Lunch)

Roads

Hyderabad to Sholapur - Roads with path holes and patch work being done all along.
Sholapur to Tembruni - Fantastic roads.
Tembruni to nagar - Good roads with few streatchs of bad patches for few kms.
Nagar - Shinganapur - Fantastic Road
Shinganapur - Shirdi - Good Roads with very few bad patches.

Good Food options all along this route. Major food court - Vittal Kamath. Good food and neat place. Available for every 100 - 150 kms after Sholpaur until shirdi. And Truck traffic will accompany us all along this route.

Return Route - Shirdi - Aurangabad - Jalna - Jitthur - Nanded - Nizamabad - Hyderabad.

Travel Time - 12 Hrs Including Breaks - 45 Mins (Break Fast) at Jalna

Roads

Shirdi to Aurangabad - Very bad patches in stretches. Overall ok roads.
Aurangabad to Jalna to Jittur - Very Good Roads, However Very bad patch in Jalna town, And 30 Kms before reaching Jittur have very bad patches.
Jittur to Nanded to Nizamabad (Via - Bodhan) - Very Good Roads overall. Bad patches at Bodhan town for about 20 kms.
Nizamabad To Hyderabad - Fantastic 4 lane road (2 Toll - both included approx 200rs).

Good to cover some ground while returning from shirdi. However no decent food options on this stretch until we reach Nizamabad. Only options we found are fruits to be safe from food allergies.

Cops at Jittur and Nanded on the lookout for other state vehicles for a customary check.

Cheers.

Last edited by vito_parry : 17th July 2015 at 13:23. Reason: .
vito_parry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:32   #189
BHPian

anyone has done the drive to shirdi recently from hyd ? looking for updates to road conditions..thanks !
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:05   #190
BHPian

We did the following route on April 29 2016.
Hyderabad - Shirdi - Pune - Hyderabad.

With the road conditions improved between Zaheerabad and Sholapur (update below), may be this is a better way to take to save time and distance as well. The below route should be avoiding the pathetic road conditions between Temburni and Ahmednagar, however I do not have any first hand information on the road condition between Daund & Ahmednagar.

Complete trip details can be found in Post # 94, Page 7 (May 2 2016) in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-3l-mjd-7.html

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 08:11   #191
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Dear Members,

I have a query regarding condition of NH 222 from Kalyan to Ahmednagar.
Has anyone used it, since it is easy and shortest for people returning from Shani Shingnapur to Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I drove down pune to shirdi over this weekend. The pune - ahmednagar road is quite well patched up and silky smooth, and then the minefield that used to be the Ahmednagar bypass has been very well laid now.
Adding the latest status on this stretch as on 30 April 2016.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 11:14   #192
BHPian

For those who are planning to go to Shirdi NOT by drive, here is another convenient alternative.

There is a direct flight from Hyderabad to Aurangabad by TruJet Airlines. I believe this is owned by Chiranjeevi (the telugu megastar) family and so they offer discounts to movie industry people. Timings : Dep Hyd 11:30AM and Arrival 12:45PM

Most convenient is the FREE shuttle bus from Aurangabad to Shirdi provided by Trujet Airlines. Though the bus is Air-conditioned, it is an oldish one and the road is rough in many patches - so expect the drive to be a bit rough. The drive took about 3 hours + almost an hour stopover for lunch. The bus started from Aurangabad airport at 13:30 and reached Shirdi at 17:30. To avail the free shuttle bus, one needs to inform the check-in counter at Hyderabad airport who will stamp the boarding pass accordingly.

Since we pre-booked VIP darshan online, we had comfortable darshan the same evening. If planed well, the evening Arati can also be attended.

One can have an early morning darshan the next day also and start back to Aurangabad in the FREE shuttle bus around 8:00 AM. The return flight is at 13:30 reaching Hyderabad at 14:50.

The bus stops and starts from Shirdi from SaiSangam hotel. If the stay is also at the same hotel, then it is super convenient. I stayed at a different hotel as I was not aware of this. The hotel provides free drop and pick up from hotel to Sai temple.

For more information, contact TruJet.

Last edited by SKavuri : 25th June 2016 at 11:17.
SKavuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 21:11   #193
vdi
BHPian

What is the latest update on the Hyderabad - Shirdi route?

A friend is planning to go sometime next week and any update on the usual route would be very helpful.
Old 12th October 2016, 08:53   #194
Senior - BHPian

The roads upto zaheerabad are decent and after that you're on various rural Karnataka and Rita Maharashtra state highways that have never been in good repair over decades. Fly to Pune and rent a car there.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:20   #195
vdi
BHPian

Flying is not an option as they have some other plans too after reaching Shirdi. Anyway thanks hserus. Hopefully someone might have used this road to give an update.

Last edited by vdi : 12th October 2016 at 14:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks