Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 17:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad-Shirdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
Hi Guys

Planning Hyderabad - Shirdi - Hyderabad trip this weekend.

We plan to start at abour 5AM on Saturday Morning (2 July) and return on Monday (not yet confirmed). The drve would be our Esteem. Need some suggestions about the current route conditions.

I have done Hyderabad - Shirdi in Train, Bus, Car and even on two wheels (R15). The last time I went by road was on R15 about 15 months ago.

Took the Hyd - Sholapur - Tembhurni - Jalgaon - AhmedNagar - Shirdi route and it was about 570 KM. There were good roads and bad roads. Took me 12 hours - 6AM to 6PM.

Did a darshan at that night and started back to Hyderabad next morning. This time I went adventurous and took different route(s). Shirdi - Ahmednagar - NH222 - NH211 via Beed, Yedshi - Latur - Bidar - Hyderabad. The distance was still under 600 KM and it didn't cost me any extra time acor fuel.

NH222 was under expansion and had a little dificult time with directions and rough roads. Same before Latur too. Other-wise this route was relatively smoother with lot lesser traffic.

Which route would be better now? I don't mind a few extra kilometers if I can get smoother roads that save both time, fuel and more importantly - my energy in negotiating bad roads. The NH9 is full of heavy vehicle traffic forcing you to follow a long line of trucks/busses at relatively low speeds (based on my earlier trips to Mumbai on both 4 & 2 wheels). But it is manageable between Hyderabad and Sholapur in comparison with Sholapur - Pune.

I like the suggestion by jeepster and ashish and might consider the Osmanabad - Manjarsumbha - Patoda - Jamkhed route if the rouds would let me do anything over 60 KMPH average.

Please suggest the overall route and the current road conditions. I am looking for a more comfortable route which generally would be the faster route too. Never mind the 30 odd KM extra distance that would add up for a better route.

Thanks a ton

PS: adding to the older discussion, Hyderabad (Miyapur) to Sholapur can be done in 3.5 to 4 hours. Heavy Traffic starts after Sholapur.

Once at Shirdi, if with family or a group and if not in need of AC rooms, please look out for Sansthan's Dwarawati guest house. That's the best place we stayed so far and is walkable distance to the temple.
Hyd-Solapur-Temburni-Karmala-Nagar-Shirdi is the best route at the moment.Would take around 10-11 hours.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:37   #92
BHPian

^^ Thanks for the advice Ranjit. That was quick
Anyways, whould await to hear from more people before I zero in on the route ad I have a few more days to start.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:40   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Thanks for the advice Ranjit. That was quick
Anyways, whould await to hear from more people before I zero in on the route ad I have a few more days to start.
I am driving as well to Solapur and back on the Saturday.
Old 28th June 2011, 19:31   #94
BHPian

I did Hyderabad - Shirdi on 8th June and Shirdi - Hyderabad on 10th June.

Both ways I took Hyderabad - Solapur - Temburni - Karmala - Nagar - Shirdi.
Road condition is good but the problem is truck traffic, both ways it took me 12 hours. Travel time might increase in case you are struck at railway crossing before Temburni.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:53   #95
BHPian

^^ Thanks for the info that's about the latest I have heard.

Truck traffic on NH9 is indeed a pain. The last time I went by road, on two wheels, I got stuck at that rail crossing. It was a loooonnnnng one but being on a 2 wheeler, I made my way to almost near the gate. When it opened, it was smooth tarmac all the way for over an hour with hardly any vehicle on my way allowing me steady 3 digit speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I am driving as well to Solapur and back on the Saturday.
oh good. what time? what wheels? if you see a pearl silver Esteem with TeamBHP sticker on the boot, stop me

---

So, guys, does anyone have an idea what time that railway gate blocks the road?

When I got stuck it was about 12PM - not sure on what side of the gate I was!

Last edited by MotoKris : 28th June 2011 at 21:54.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

oh good. what time? what wheels? if you see a pearl silver Esteem with TeamBHP sticker on the boot, stop me

Shall keep my eyes open.We intend on leaving sainikpuri around 6-630 in the morning.Lookout for a white figo with a live to drive sticker.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:54   #97
BHPian

Sure, will watch out for your Figo... but a white Figo has become a common sight on our highways!

BTW, spoke to a friend who did Hyd - Shirdi 2 weeks back via Tembhurni and he says that Sholapur - Pune NH9 is under road works and that's delaying the movement further.

Any ideas?

Also, it seems he was told to take the route via Tuljhapur but he missed it.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:12   #98
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to shirdi

For the benefit of those who will be taking this trip in next few months, I am posting my experience. So late because I wanted to write a travelogue but could never complete it because of lack of time.

I did this during end of May. 5 day trip. Started at 8 AM. Road condition between Hyderabad to Sholapur is good, 2 way road but traffic is sparse. Just 50 kms before Sholapur, I saw a huge board saying Aurangabad. I asked a local and he said the road is good. Took up this road and it turned out to be a good decision initially. The road was bit wider than hyd-sholapur and could hardly find traffic, was able to maintain good speed. It started raining around 3 PM and I had to slow down. Passed thru a beautiful valley, can't recall the place name though. Around 4 in evening, I saw a broken board that said Ahmednagar. It pointed towards left, where there was hardly any road. I chose to ignore it and went ahead, only to come back to same place, 1 hour later after enquiring locals.

Took that left, it was a horrible experience. The 20 KM stretch is full of stones and chips. So sharp that they could have easily cut the tyres. There is no road at all. I was with wife and my 1 year old kid. Throughout the way, I prayed to "baba" and drove. The new apollo acellers on my Indigo did a good job. I reached Shirdi at around 11 PM, driving through Shevgaon, Shrirampur and shignapur asking directions from locals.

NEVER EVER TAKE THE AURANGABAD ROAD.

Stayed at Hotel Kuber Inn, booked through cleartrip. A nice neat and clean hotel, polite and helpful staff with ample parking space with security. I recommend this hotel.

Visited Nasik and trayembakeswar too, I think it took me approx. 2 hours for a one way drive with a stopover for lunch/snacks. There are lots of restaurant on the shirdi nasik road, just before entering nasik.

The return journey was through Ahmednagar. Shirdi to Ahmednagar drive is a breeze. 4 lane road with divider in between. Had Pizza (It was a Pizza hut or Dominos, can't recall) on the Ahmednagar highway and took the hyderabad road from there. Its a two lane road with sparse traffic and no potholes. One can easily do 90-100. Till Temburni, the drive can be enjoyed. From there, you have to join the NH-9 to Sholapur. Keep trailing behind long queue of trucks. 2 lane road, so can't even overtake the one ahead of you and get out because of continuous traffic on the other side.

With a kid, I did not want to drive and reach Hyderabad at night. I halted at Hotel Surya in Sholapur and left for Hyderabad next morning at 5 AM. Nothing to write about this journey, could hardly see any vehicles on road. Stopped for few minutes to capture the beautiful sunrise while wife and kid were sleeping in the rear. I was at the end of NH9 4 lane at 8:10 AM sharp. Covered Hyderabad sholapur in 3 hours 10 mins.
Old 31st July 2011, 20:31   #99
BHPian

Searched but could not find this thread and hence started a new one. Planning Shirdi trip on 13/14th and already got most information on this thread itself.

Thanks a lot guys. Any updates would be welcome.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Searched but could not find this thread and hence started a new one. Planning Shirdi trip on 13/14th and already got most information on this thread itself.

Thanks a lot guys. Any updates would be welcome.
Stick to Hyd-Solapur-Temburni-Karmala-Nagar-Shirdi route.Budget for a 11-12hour drive.Leave early around 4-5 in the morning to have a peaceful drive,else you would be caught behind trucks after Solapur.

No good eating places,carry breakfast.For lunch there are a couple of places in Nagar,you would see them as you drive through(there is even a dominos outlet enroute!).

Shirdi has enough options to eat anyways.Rajdhabi,Kailash Parbat have all open shop in the Sai Mall next to the temple.The main advantage is clean washrooms!
Old 1st August 2011, 15:17   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Stick to Hyd-Solapur-Temburni-Karmala-Nagar-Shirdi route.Budget for a 11-12hour drive.Leave early around 4-5 in the morning to have a peaceful drive,else you would be caught behind trucks after Solapur.
Hi! Ranjit,

I have been using this route for more than 7 years now and find it as the best option to travel to Shirdi from Hyderabad, however the travel from Sholapur to Temburni has increasingly become a pain due to heavy truck traffic and road widening.

From the year 2000 to 2004, I had used the other route i.e Hyderabad-Naldurg-Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Bhoom-Jamkhed-Nagar-Shirdi. Though this route was bad between Bhoom to Nagar, I guess all..including travels used this route. The travel guys currently use this route I guess. Any update on the curent condition of the roads between Bhoom and Nagar.

Your update would help me take a call on my next visit to Shirdi.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 15:28   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
I had used the other route i.e -Bhoom-Jamkhed-Nagar-Shirdi.
That is not safe route for car with family.[ particularly after sunset].
Travel guys may be using this route but one day will come and they will stop it.[ i mean it].
I repeatedly posted here to avoid this route.
While suggesting any route, i always give highest priority to the safety of passengers.
Please avoid this bhoom-jamkhed route, its not safe for you and your family.
Old 1st August 2011, 15:37   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
That is not safe route for car with family.[ particularly after sunset].
Travel guys may be using this route but one day will come and they will stop it.[ i mean it].
I repeatedly posted here to avoid this route.
While suggesting any route, i always give highest priority to the safety of passengers.
Please avoid this bhoom-jamkhed route, its not safe for you and your family.
I agree with you on this Ashish Bhau. Is it still the same situation even after 8 years? I remember going in a convoy from Bhoom to Jamkhed while travelling in Sumo's/Qualis.

Can I look at this option incase we are looking at reaching Nagar by 6 pm. Is it still not safe as I always travel with family.
Old 1st August 2011, 15:48   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Can I look at this option incase we are looking at reaching Nagar by 6 pm. Is it still not safe as I always travel with family.
The whole border area of nagar, beed and osmanabad district is not safe particularly after sunset.

If you are really in hurry to reach nagar by 6pm compromising safety, then take osmanabad-nh211-manjarsumba-left turn-patoda-ashti-jamkhed route.

The route i suggested here is not safe but.....i say...brick is softer than stone.
Neither i will travel on this route after sunset with family nor will recommend it here on team-bhp.

Again and again, please avoid bhoom-jamkhed or manjrsumba-patoda-jamkhed route, its not safe.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
The whole border area of nagar, beed and osmanabad district is not safe particularly after sunset.

If you are really in hurry to reach nagar by 6pm compromising safety, then take osmanabad-nh211-manjarsumba-left turn-patoda-ashti-jamkhed route.

Would you advise Osmanabad-Beed-Nandur(NH222)-Madalmoi-Pathardi-Nagar. This way I would be on NH almost throughout the journey.

This route is approximately 50 kms longer, however I do not mind taking it if the roads are good and I can maintain descent speeds.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks