Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 16:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad-Shirdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Would you advise Osmanabad-Beed-Nandur(NH222)-Madalmoi-Pathardi-Nagar. This way I would be on NH almost throughout the journey.

If you look at the maharshtra map, the road nh211 which starts from solapur goes to dhule via tuljapur-osmanabad-manjarsumba-beed-gevrai-aurangabad-dhule.
The area between the road from yermala to gevrai and the road from karmala-nagar-shevgaon to paithan consists of bhoom, pathardi, ashta, jamkhed.
This particular area is populated with the tribal named fasey pardhi known as criminal society as per records.
whenever there is dacaiti etc happen, police raid this area to capture the criminals and mostly they succeed.
Recent records shows that the lone vehicles with families are targeted by these people for robbery, sometimes rape cases happened.
Last year, worst case happened with the female officer from army on jamkhed-ashta road at 9 pm, can't post details here.

click here to read more about crime and fasey pardhi at http://www.punenews.net/2010/04/clas...d-in-beed.html

Though route you mentioned is mostly highway, the town of pathardi itself is capital of the tribal society [read fasey pardhi].

Don't take any chances with safety and stick to solapur-tembhurni-karmala route.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 1st August 2011 at 17:17.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 17:19   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
This particular area is populated with the tribal named fasey pardhi known as criminal society as per records.
whenever there is dacaiti etc happen, police raid this area to capture the criminals and mostly they succeed.
Recent records shows that the lone vehicles with families are targeted by these people for robbery, sometimes rape cases happened.
Last year, worst case happened with the female officer from army on jamkhed-ashta road at 9 pm, can't post details here.

click here to read more about crime and fasey pardhi at State CID department studies Phase Pardhi community of Maharashtra | The Punekar

Though route you mentioned is mostly highway, the town of pathardi itself is capital of the tribal society [read fasey pardhi].

With all this information provided by you, I guess this route is not even worth giving it a try. Thanks a lot once again for all your valuable inputs.
Old 5th September 2011, 23:19   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
If you look at the maharshtra map, the road nh211 which starts from solapur goes to dhule via tuljapur-osmanabad-manjarsumba-beed-gevrai-aurangabad-dhule.
The area between the road from yermala to gevrai and the road from karmala-nagar-shevgaon to paithan consists of bhoom, pathardi, ashta, jamkhed.

Don't take any chances with safety and stick to solapur-tembhurni-karmala route.
sorry for the OT on this thread but is there any risk as you say on this route traveling from around 10 in the morning to about 6PM, last part being on NH211. below is the map. Thanks
Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-kohlapurpandharpurtuljapur.png
Old 6th September 2011, 09:38   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
sorry for the OT on this thread but is there any risk as you say on this route traveling from around 10 in the morning to about 6PM, last part being on NH211. below is the map. Thanks
Attachment 604865
@optimist,
my quote about route on NH211 is not valid for the route you posted.
The route from tuljapur-solapur-sangli-kolhapur is safe route, absolutely no worries.
Old 11th July 2012, 07:19   #110
BHPian

Hyderabad to Shirdi route advice

I am planning to drive to Shiridi this weekend along with my family and I need advice as to the best route to take. Is the NH9 option still the best?

I have not been on this route in more than a year, so any advice on alternate routes and current road conditions is highly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 12:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Shirdi route advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
I am planning to drive to Shiridi this weekend along with my family and I need advice as to the best route to take. Is the NH9 option still the best?

I have not been on this route in more than a year, so any advice on alternate routes and current road conditions is highly appreciated. Thanks
HYD-SOLAPUR-TEMBURNI-KARMALA-AHMEDNAGAR-RAHATA-SHIRDI is still the best route.10-12hour drive.4laning in progress between Solapur and Temburni on NH9.Hyd-Solapur road conditions good to average.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:28   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to shirdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
I reached Shirdi at around 11 PM, driving through Shevgaon, Shrirampur and shignapur asking directions from locals.
NEVER EVER TAKE THE AURANGABAD ROAD.
I think i had posted 'n' times here to avoid this a'bad route for shirdi.
You are lucky as the road you traveled is NOT SAFE for night driving with family.
Guys, please don't take any route connecting NH211 to ahmadnagar -aurangabad road during night, ITS NOT SAFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
As Ranjit quotes, solpur route is best option but you have to face heavy truck traffic between solapur and tembhurni.
If you really want to avoid solpaur-tembhurni traffic, here is alternate route.

HYD-nh9-omerga-nh9-naldurg-right turn-tuljapur-ask direction-barshi-kurduwadi-tembhurni-karmala-a'nagar-shirdi.

In the route i mentioned, the road between tuljapur and barshi is in mixed condition.
out of 50 km, 25 km is best, 1 km bad, rest of the road has some rough surface but can easily cruise at 60.
there is little traffic between tuljapur and barshi.

distnace wise naldurg-solapur-tembhurni and naldurg-barshi-tembhurni are same.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 11th July 2012 at 16:32.
Old 21st August 2012, 12:57   #113

Secunderabad to Shirdi

628 Km: Secunderabad - Zahirabad - Naldurg - Solapur - Temburni - Karmala - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi

580 Km: Shirdi - Ahmadnagar - Karmala - Barshi - Tuljapur - Naldurg - Zahirabad - Secunderabad

For normal human beings, go by train. For die hard road warriors, Secunderabad - Solapur - Temburni is definitely better than via Barshi. Folks in Ahmadnagar said Tuljapur via Bhum was reasonable, given the wisdom on the forum, I avoided Ahmadnagar - osmanabad - Jamkhed - Tuljapur.

Secunderbad-Shirdi took us about 15 hours. Left at 6AM and reached Shirdi at 8:15pm. About 3 hours for breaks yields 12 hours driving.
7:15 Zahirabad Breakfast - Ghar Dhaba, attached to BP fuel station
12:30 Solapur-Mohol Lunch - Nisarg Dhaba
18:30 Ahmadnagar Tea/ Snacks - Singh Residency
and plenty of 5 minute breaks in between

Ahmadnagar - Secunderabad took about 12 hours including 2 hours of breaks

Road conditions
Secunderabad - Zahirabad; 70 kmph (average). Beware of deep potholes. Sometimes on the opposing traffic swerves to avoid them and line up head on.
Zahirabad - Basavakalyan - Naldurg; 60 kmph. Scenery due to rains has become appealing
Naldurg - Solapur; 70 kmph. Patchy road surface. Legendary police dakshina at Solapur. The hotel at ring road junction is still under construction
Solapur - Temburni; 40 kmph. Truck traffic explodes especilly quite a number of car carriers i.e. long tailers and they take some judgement to overtake
Temburni - Karmala; 80 kmph. Good roads and not much traffic
Karmala - Ahmadnagar; 80 kmph. Good roads and not much traffic
Ahmadnagar - Shirdi; 90 kmph. Good divided road for most part. Passes through Rahauri which in the evenings can be crowded

Shirdi-Ahmadnagar-Karmala, as indicated above
Karmala - Paranda - Barshi; road surface resembles (large) cobble stones. At some points the pavement has been resurfaced perhaps for stretches of 5 km or less.
Barshi; We were advised to go through Barshi bypass (goes towards Kurduwadi) and turn back in towards bus stand. Later we learn that a direct path would get us to bus stand. Here the fun begins to discover the road to Tuljapur. This practically goes through small mohallas and even a warehouse complex. It seems some construction work is going on and there are diversions. Finally we see the road to Tuljapur - sort of a single lane road - meaning the road surface is wide for one vehicle
Barshi - Tuljapur; 30 kmph. This road requires patience and is a good test for your vehicle's suspension. Practically no traffic but for the occassional MSRTC bus.
Tuljapur - Naldurg; 60 kmph. As you approach Tuljapur, proceed up hill towards Latur. At the summit (circle) go right towards Naldurg. Toll (Rs. 25?)
Naldurg - Zahirabad - Secunderabad; 65 kmph afternoon/ evening traffic
rsksnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 15:14   #114
BHPian

I travel frequently on the Road from Solapur -Osmanabad-Jamkhed -Ahmednagar the shortest route to Shirdi from Hyderabad,
The Road is now much better except for 5 to 10 kms where the road is bad , but motorable.
Its much better than it was 15 months back as most of the Road there is a toll collection .
Old 12th November 2012, 13:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

I just returned from a sudden weekend trip to Shirdi. Went via the standard Temburni route, but had to suffer the agony of very painful truck traffic between Mohol and Temburni (not moving at all for 45 minutes), forcing us to look for alternatives on the return journey.

Based of feedback from drivers at Shirdi and a pal who travelled 2 weeks ago, we took the route via Ahmednagar, Jamkhed, Beed, Osmanabad , Tuljapur and merged with NH9 at Naldurg. Please note that we avoided the shorter route between Jamkhed and Osmanabad that passes via Bhoom due to bad road conditions reported by some members, and also due to safety concerns. Instead we took the 50 kms longer route via Beed to Osmanabad.

Both routes took 11.5 hours driving time (12 including bio and food breaks).
The return route, though was much better and far, far less stressful, though overall longer by 35 kms.

Below is an update of both routes:

Hyderabad-->Solapur-->Tembhurni-->Karmala-->Ahmadnagar-->Shirdi

Total distance was 615 kms. Driving time 11.5 hours, including an agonizing wait near Tembhurni.

Hyd to Mahindra Factory, Zaheerabad (110 kms):Road between Sadashivpet to Zaheerabad was patchy in some places, so not good for speeds over 80 kmph.

Zaheerabad to Solapur (190 kms): Very bad patch for 40 kms , 20 kms on either side of Homnabad. Not good for speeds over 60 kmph if you love your car. Unknown rattles get exposed on this stretch.

Owing to this, it took us 4 hrs 45 minutes to teach Solapur.

After customary inspection by cops at Solapur bypass, we could cover the 35 km distance to Mohol in 40 minutes. Roads were getting 4-laned on this stretch, and mostly completed too, adding to our pleasure. Only make sure you ask for directions towards Pune, as there are a couple of confusing points, including a traffic circle.

Mohol to Tembhurni, which is 55 kms was the most agonizing. It took us 90 minutes to cover this bit. Thousands of trucks on either side, with one side not moving at all for spells of 15 minutes on each side. We drove over bad cobblestones on many bits where the roads were being widened to get past the line of trucks, and even then took this long. Also had to miss good eating joints near Tembhurni as they were on the right side of the road, which was impossible to reach, owing to stationary traffic on the opposite direction.

It was also difficult to take the right turn at Temburni for the same reason. We had to literally barge in.

Temburni to Ahmednagar (135 kms): Was smooth, but here too the road is getting widened near Karmala, so movement was slow sometimes.

Nagar to Shirdi (90 kms): was mostly smooth, but very bad patches for 10 kms just before Shirdi. Also it takes a long time to leave Nagar, as many shops have sprung up on the highway (compared to 10 years ago).

I shall post the return route in a separate post soon.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th November 2012 at 13:39.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 14:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

Return trip details are below:-

Owing to sheer exertion of the truck traffic at Temburni, we decided to avoid it at all costs. So we sought advice from a travel agency driver at Shirdi. He strongly advised the route via Nagar, Jamkhed, Bhoom and Osmanabad. But as I'd heard from many bhpians about very bad roads and safety issues, I called a pal who had visited Shirdi a couple of weeks ago. He said that he returned via Aurangabad and used the stretch via Beed and Osmanabad, which he said was quite decent.

Based on this, I looked up google maps on my phone and found that Aurangabad would be too much of a diversion. Therefore, we sort of 'merged' both advices we got and decided to go via Beed. The map showed me a junction where a right turn takes one to Beed and a left to Aurangabad.

As we were approaching Nagar, we spotted a sign mentioning both Aurangabad and Beed. After reaching Nagar, we took a left turn towards Aurangabad. The road was 4-laned with a toll after 10 kms. We passed through a small and scenic ghat too. But when I checked my phone, it showed us on a different route to Aurangabad, and not the one towards Beed. So after covering 20 kms, we had to ask a shop guy in a village. He strongly advised us to go back to Nagar and take the route to Beed via Jamkhed. He said it was a great highway as he'd travelled only a week ago. So we followed his advice and took a U turn.
On reaching Chandni Chowk at Nagar, we took a left turn towards Jamkhed (straight takes you via Tank museum towards Tembhurni).

The route to Jamkhed and Beed (150 kms) passes through 2 exotic ghats with breath-taking views. The road was very decent, though it was patchy for 2 kms on decending the first ghat (hit a sudden and deep pothole), and also for 3 kms after passing Jamkhed. But the road is only good for 60 kmph speeds. And it was a bit lonely, but we did pass through may cars and lorries. So no worries during day travel.

At Jamkhed, instead of taking a right turn towards Bhoom, we went straight till Beed, where we took a right turn towards Osmanabad (left goes to Aurangabad).

The highway between Beed till it merges with NH9 was superb, permitting triple digit speeds.

On reaching NH9 at Naldurg, we found that it was 30 kms longer than the Temburni route. But it took us the same driving time (including the 40 kms we'd covered on the wrong route towards Aurangabad). But it was absolutely stress free, and very, very scenic.

Therefore if one is visiting Shirdi in the next 2 months, then the return route is preferable (but only for daytime travel). After that, the 4-laning to Temburni will have been completed, making it a better option.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th November 2012 at 14:03.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 16:58   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

After customary inspection by cops at Solapur bypass, we could cover the 35 km distance to Mohol in 40 minutes.
They continue to harass out-of-State vehicles? What excuses for extorting money?
Old 12th November 2012, 17:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
They continue to harass out-of-State vehicles? What excuses for extorting money?
Yes, but the principle of 'once-bitten-twice shy' applied in our case. We had the original RC and DL with us. They then asked for the pollution certificate, which we also had. They let us go soon after that.
Old 12th November 2012, 17:43   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, but the principle of 'once-bitten-twice shy' applied in our case. We had the original RC and DL with us. They then asked for the pollution certificate, which we also had. They let us go soon after that.
Needless to say,you must have been safe on the sunfilm front as well,else thats a favourite as well with the bypass cops now.
Old 12th November 2012, 18:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Needless to say,you must have been safe on the sunfilm front as well,else thats a favourite as well with the bypass cops now.
Hey, I did not know that. Thanks anyways. Fortunately there were no tints. But it was the absence of tints that burnt our skin a bit in the hot afternoon sun, especially when we were stranded behind a long, long line of trucks on the road to Tembhurni.

We thought the jam would clear after crossing the railway crossing, but no luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks