Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 18:43   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Gosh, that route is the most used, and still dacoits dared to visit it? Thanks for posting, but I did not read this anywhere in the newspaper today.

By the way, any update on the road and traffic between Solapur and Tembhurni? Have the roads been done up?
Old 28th March 2013, 19:03   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
This is bad news-I guess all the more reasons not to drive on MH State Highways after dark.Has this been reported somewhere in the press?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, that route is the most used, and still dacoits dared to visit it? Thanks for posting, but I did not read this anywhere in the newspaper today.

By the way, any update on the road and traffic between Solapur and Tembhurni? Have the roads been done up?
This incident has been reported in today's Deccan Chronicle. Ahmednagar- Temburni is quite busy even during nights with a lot of vehicular traffic and this happening at Karmala is very concerning.

Jamkhed to Bhoom is dangerous during nights and is very well know in this area, however Karmala?? This incident could have happened on the bypass to Karmala as the vehicles need to slow down considerably here, due to massive speed breakers and cross roads.
Old 5th April 2013, 15:21   #138
BHPian

Traveled to Shirdi on 2nd April and returned on 4th April.

Here is an update on the road conditions:

Hyderabad- Zaheerabad : Rough patches between Sadashivpet and Zaheerabad. Sedans would have issues in maintaining speeds above 60 kmph on this stretch.

Zaheerabad - Humnabad : The infamous 25 kms before Humnabad is now patched up, however gives an indication of the horrible past. Speeds above 60 are difficult to maintain in sedans.

Humnabad- Solapur : Maharashtra was a very pleasant surprise as roads are in excellent condition all through out. Some rough patches between Humnabad and Basavakalyan.

Solapur - Temburni : Road construction activity in full swing for four laning. Diversions galore but road surface very good. Mohol and Shetfal continue to be major bottlenecks till such time the over bridges are constructed.

Temburni- Ahmednagar : Four laning has started with very few diversions, however I guess in the coming months the diversions will increase considerably. Road continues to be very good.

Ahmednagar - Shirdi : Last 25 kms before Shirdi is now patched up but continues to be rough. This road should hold the same way before the rains set in this year.
zen91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 19:29   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Traveled to Shirdi on 2nd April and returned on 4th April.
How long was the drive?and is Temburni-Karmala-Nagar being 4 laned?
Old 6th April 2013, 10:46   #140
BHPian

Quote:
How long was the drive?and is Temburni-Karmala-Nagar being 4 laned?
Started at 6 am and first went to Shani Shingnapur and then to Shirdi. Reached Shirdi at 7.30 pm.

Yes, Temburni- Karmala- Nagar is being 4 laned. The last two toll gates before Nagar are not collecting toll anymore.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:22   #141
BHPian

Just completed a round trip to Shirdi. Started at 5:00 AM in Kukatpally, reached Shirdi by 5:30 with close to 1 hour lost due to breaks.

Route taken: Hyderabad-Sholapur-Timburni-Nagar-Shirdi

The lesson learnt is that this is not worth the trip by car unless unavoidable or mandated.

The road condition is worse - bad all the way from Sadashivapet to Humnabad is full of carters some of them are big enough to pass through your spine. Hard to maintain more than 40kmph.

Between Humnabad to Sholapur, the roads are good with lot of truck traffic giving company and forcing you to slow down to give way for oncoming traffic. This again slows down the ability to maintain good speeds.

Sholapur- Timburni - Big bottle neck as mentioned in the posts above is going to be the railway gate crossing. no regard by car drivers to lane discipline will make matters worse. Lot of diversions due to 4 lining does not help to maintain speeds in excess of 50kmph.

Timburni- Nagar- Awesome roads, less traffic. Can easily maintain an average speed of 70-80kmph
Nagar- Shirdi : Except for the last stretch of 10 kms before shirdi, you can easily manage 70kmph.

My statistics : (From Driver Info system)
Total time taken : 12 hours
vehicle : Vento TDI
Average speed : 58kmph
Mileage : 16.8 kmph ( least observed till date on long drive)
ubsmart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:15   #142
BHPian

Hello Every One

Excellent first hand information the road conditions on this Hyd - Shiridi route.

Planning a trip in the 1st Week of Aug. Would like to know if there are any LPG filling stations on this route. Googling did show some but are completly out of route. Wanted to know did anyone notice any LPG stations on the routes they have taken.

Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:30   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Hello Every One

Excellent first hand information the road conditions on this Hyd - Shiridi route.

Planning a trip in the 1st Week of Aug. Would like to know if there are any LPG filling stations on this route. Googling did show some but are completly out of route. Wanted to know did anyone notice any LPG stations on the routes they have taken.

Thanks
None on the NH9 or on the karmala nagar shirdi route either that I can recollect.you might find something in ahmednagar
Old 4th July 2013, 12:56   #144
BHPian

Quote:
None on the NH9 or on the karmala nagar shirdi route either that I can recollect.you might find something in ahmednagar
Thank you.

Found this link ..hope to find some enroute... and try my luck.

http://www.sumanauto.com/Lpg%20filli...es=Maharashtra
Old 10th February 2014, 12:08   #145
BHPian

Any latest updates on this stretch? I am planning to drive to Shirdi in the next couple of weeks from Hyderabad.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Any latest updates on this stretch? I am planning to drive to Shirdi in the next couple of weeks from Hyderabad.
Bad as ever till Solapur and then again from Temburni till Nagar some patches are bad.Nagar to Shirdi average.Budget for a 12hr drive
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 15:50   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad as ever till Solapur and then again from Temburni till Nagar some patches are bad.Nagar to Shirdi average.Budget for a 12hr drive
12 hours?? With those horrible stretches? I'd estimate around 15 hours. We took 12.5 hours in November 2012, when the roads were not that bad.

Zen91 took nearly 18 hours a few months back.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:45   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
12 hours?? With those horrible stretches? I'd estimate around 15 hours. We took 12.5 hours in November 2012, when the roads were not that bad.

Zen91 took nearly 18 hours a few months back.

The solapur temburni stretch is fully 4laned now so no problem there.4laning/widening work is in progress between temburni and karmala but otherwise its average roads.12-13hrs shoud be a safe bet imho.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 10:58   #149
BHPian

Recently went to Shirdi on 3rd April and returned on 5th April.

Road conditions have improved substantially when compared to what they were in Nov'13. The fear of travelling between Hyderabad - Solapur no more there, at least till the rains set in this year.

Hyderabad- Zaheerabad : This road is completely patched up now and speeds of 90 kmph can be easily maintained.

Zheerabad - Humnabad : That dreaded 25 kms is completely patched up however the roughness is quite evident. Speeds of 80-90 kmph can be managed without much fuss.

Humnabad - Solapur : Some broken sections between Humnabad and Omerga and then around Naldurg. Advise caution in this section as big potholes may take you by surprise specially if you are travelling in a sedan. I could see patch work underway in some places.

Solapur - Tembhurni : This section has become amazing. Excellent road surface and very fast progress in covering distance. Good news is that the infamous Mohol traffic jam no more exists as the over bridge at Mohol is now open, though only one side is open now. Shetfal railway crossing over bridge isn't open for now, but with the state of its construction, may get open in a few days as I could see at least one side of it complete and ready to be opened.

Tembhurni- Ahmednagad : Four Laning in progress between Tembhurni and Karmala. Maintain caution near diversions as the uneven road surface may scrape the underbelly of your car, more so if its a sedan.

Ahmednagar - Shirdi : Excellent toll road for 60 kms. Those dreaded 25 kms before Shirdi is now patched up but the road surface remains quite rough. Speeds of 60- 70 kmph can be maintained.

Took 12 hrs to cover a distance of 640 kms between Hyderabad and Shirdi.
zen91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 11:58   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Tembhurni- Ahmednagad : Four Laning in progress between Tembhurni and Karmala. Maintain caution near diversions as the uneven road surface may scrape the underbelly of your car, more so if its a sedan.
This is outside NH9 right? (I mean Tembhurni-Nagar). Is this also being 4-laned? If yes, then is it because of Shirdi that this road is being 4-laned?

Quote:
Ahmednagar - Shirdi : Excellent toll road for 60 kms. Those dreaded 25 kms before Shirdi is now patched up but the road surface remains quite rough. Speeds of 60- 70 kmph can be maintained.
This was really horrible last year. I mean beyond that 60 km. I have never seen a potholed 4-lane road! I really hope they finish it well. Also any signs of update on the bridge on river Pravara? This was (is?) an invariable choke point thanks to a very narrow bridge and with the second bridge construction stalled.

Last edited by ampere : 10th April 2014 at 12:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks