Old 10th January 2011, 15:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad-Shirdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Also need to cover trimbakeshwar for a puja
Then, everything will be changed.

I suggest,
day1, start early from hyd, reach nagar by 4pm, take aurangabad road till ghodegaon, further 5 km to shani'pur, take darshan, reach to shirdi late evening, stay at shirdi.

day2, early morning darshan at shirdi, start toward nasik, visit trimbakeshwar and nasik, move toward pune/nagar, stay at pune/nagar.

day3, start from pune/nagar, take famous NH9 toward hyd.

from nasik to pune, take nh50, 220km.
from nasik to nagar, take nh50 till sangamner, left turn, travel for 40km, touch shirdi-nagar road, right turn, nagar.
nasik-nagar dist @165km.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 10th January 2011 at 15:24.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:22   #77
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Aha. So there is a thread.

Actually I just saw the PM from Fordmanchau.

Guess what AP? I suggested the same route in reverse order to Fordmanchau here.

Also I rolled in Nashik's Ramkund and Kalaram mandir and the famous Panchavati and Sitagupha, which takes a maximum of 30 mins to an hour to cover!

Good to know that Nagar to Temburni is good fast 2 laned toll road!
Old 10th January 2011, 19:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

i live in latur so if you need any help in or near Latur (even in Osmanabad) please PM me.
I will be glad to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Hows road between barshi and kurduwadi?
really bad.
Hows road between latur and ahmedpur?:
not that bad .
small part has potholes other wise good for 80+km/h.
I hope, chaos at ganjgolai in latur is reduced little bit.
not at all.
you can use the ring road. (bypass road)
will catch you in Latur for a cup of tea.
any time.
will PM you my number.

Btw, will you recommend majarsumba-patoda-jamkhed route to a bhpian who will travel this section in the evening of this winter with family?
not after 9PM.
we (family) have traveled from this part at 6 to 8pm last month.
but its now more safer for early evenings. (day & till 8~9pm)
I strongly recommend karmala route as i see safety and security first.
but there is no road left there from left turn from NH211 till jamkhed .

last month we (family) went to pune from by following route just to avoide the barshi to temburni road.
latur-kej-patoda-jamkhed-A'nagar-pune.
pune-temburni-solapur-tuljapur-osmanabad-latur.

Quote:
Confusion!!!!
@jeepster : How bad is the road between Tembhurni and Barshi ?
its just without top asphalt layer with potholes.
how much distance would it be?
35~km.
What would be the distance of the alternate route that you have suggested?
almost double.
Would the alternate route help in saving time ?
no.
As mentioned by Ashish Bhai, I am a total stranger to this route , would be venturing out first time to Maharashtra. Would be travelling with my wife and parents, so security of the route would be a concern.
Please give your valuable inputs.
as i said earlier the road is good to cruise at 80+km/h.
but not after 8~9pm.
i have traveled from this part at 11pm & never had any problem.

on second note go by route suggested by AP, you can return by route suggested by me if you ARE at jamkhed till 5PM at most other wise also use the AP's route while returning.

Last edited by jeepster : 10th January 2011 at 19:07.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
i live in latur so if you need any help in or near Latur (even in Osmanabad) please PM me.
I will be glad to help you.
Arey Jeepster,

I am also from Latur, to be precise, from Ahmedpur.
Had passed 12th from Shahu college.
Now, don't invite me for lunch or dinner!!!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 10th January 2011 at 19:41.
Old 10th January 2011, 20:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Now, don't invite me for lunch or dinner!!!!
the invitation is for guests.

even if i invite you for dinner it will be on TTMM basis.(तू तुझे, मी माझे!! lol..)

(translation: you pay your part, i will pay mine.)

Last edited by jeepster : 10th January 2011 at 20:32.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
the invitation is for guests.

even if i invite you for dinner it will be on TTMM basis.(तू तुझे, मी माझे!! lol..)

(translation: you pay your part, i will pay mine.)
oops!
I was kidding.
Anyway, will catch you during my next trip to latur.
Old 12th January 2011, 16:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ashish Bhau, Jeepster, MX6 ,

My leave request for 14th Jan has been shot down by my boss. So now I am left with just two days, 15th and 16th Jan. Do you think it will be possible to do the trip?
Just now got the update from our very own 'mobike008' that hyd- solapur can be done in 4hrs with early morning start.

I am ok with 3:30 a.m - 4 a.m early start so that can reach solapur by max 9 a.m, but then after what would be the time estimate so that I can have darshan at Shani sinaganapur and shirdi and comeback on sunday.
Looks like it can be either be Shani Sinaganapur & Shirdi OR only Trimbakeshwar.
Covering all three places looks like a remote possibility. Also considering that 15th is a festival, there will be lot of janta for darshan.
My wife is having second thoughts, so do I !!!
Any advises?
Old 12th January 2011, 16:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just two days, 15th and 16th Jan. Do you think it will be possible to do the trip?
It is possible,.....,by train and taxi.
Look out for sc[ secunderabad] to snsi[ shirdi] train on 14th jan.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 12th January 2011 at 16:42.
Old 12th January 2011, 17:15   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Ashish Bhau, Jeepster, MX6 ,

My leave request for 14th Jan has been shot down by my boss. So now I am left with just two days, 15th and 16th Jan. Do you think it will be possible to do the trip?
Just now got the update from our very own 'mobike008' that hyd- solapur can be done in 4hrs with early morning start.

I am ok with 3:30 a.m - 4 a.m early start so that can reach solapur by max 9 a.m, but then after what would be the time estimate so that I can have darshan at Shani sinaganapur and shirdi and comeback on sunday.
Looks like it can be either be Shani Sinaganapur & Shirdi OR only Trimbakeshwar.
Covering all three places looks like a remote possibility. Also considering that 15th is a festival, there will be lot of janta for darshan.
My wife is having second thoughts, so do I !!!
Any advises?
It is possible in your car also. I have done Hyderabad-Shirdi-Shani Singnapur-Hyderabad in 2 days always.

You will have to miss out on Trimbakeshwar this time around as you would need one extra day to complete this.

Start at 6am in the morning on 15th and reach Shirdi by 6 pm. Possible stops on the way..Humnabad for tea, Temburni for lunch, Ahmednagar for tea and thereafter Shirdi. Enter temple around 8pm for darshan. Crowd will be very high due to holidays, however you should be able to complete the darshan before 10.30pm aarti.

Start on 16th at 8 am from Shirdi and reach Shani Singnapur around 10 am. Darshan should take approximately 1 hr and a start at 11am to reach Hyderabad at 11 pm.

While moving out of Shani Singnapur proceed towards the Aurangabad- A,Nagar highway for faster travel to A,Nagar.

For stay at Shirdi you could try Hotel Kalapatru # 02423255325 and speak to Kulkarni for reservation. This hotel is just opposite the temple and you could walk down from the hotel to reach the temple.

If you need any further assistance..let me know or PM me.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Plus 1 to all thats said,if it makes sense and if you believe in it,then the Shirdi authorities have begun the special darshan tickets now,it costs INR100 and is available at the entrance.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:05   #86
Senior - BHPian

Drove yesterday night from Shirdi-Hyd via Temburni.
Shirdi-Nagar Four lane occasional rough surface no bypass and all the roads are through towns.
Nagar-Temburni toll road good surface but curves do not have markings.Little difficultly driving in the night lots of truck traffic.
Temburni-Solapur truck traffic drivable
Solapur-Hyderabad Good road except for Karnataka stretch occasional rough roads
Old 21st February 2011, 17:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Drove yesterday night from Shirdi-Hyd via Temburni.
Shirdi-Nagar Four lane occasional rough surface no bypass and all the roads are through towns.
Nagar-Temburni toll road good surface but curves do not have markings.Little difficultly driving in the night lots of truck traffic.
Temburni-Solapur truck traffic drivable
Solapur-Hyderabad Good road except for Karnataka stretch occasional rough roads
Gajadonga : thank you for the update for road conditions, can you also update the total time it took you to drive from Shirdi-Solapur.
You went to Shirdi the same time when I was planning the trip, but couldn't do it, as leaves were not approved. Hope to make it in March sometime.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

Shirdi-Solapur should take you around 7-8hours via Nagar-Karmala-Tembhurni-Solapur.

Shirdi-Nagar: 1.5hrs
Nagar-Karmala: 3hours
Karmala-Tembhurni: 1hr
Tembhurni-Solapur: 2Hours
Solapur-Patancheru: 4hrs
Old 21st February 2011, 18:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

I agree with what ranjitp1 has suggested except for Karmala-Nagar can be done in 1-1.30 hrs
Between Temburni and Nagar a lot of truck traffic but it is a toll road.
I think if you start early in the morning by 5am you can reach Shirdi by 10am.
Ideally 5-5.30hrs would be a good running time between Sholapur and Shirdi via Temburni
Old 28th June 2011, 16:53   #90
BHPian

Hi Guys

Planning Hyderabad - Shirdi - Hyderabad trip this weekend.

We plan to start at abour 5AM on Saturday Morning (2 July) and return on Monday (not yet confirmed). The drve would be our Esteem. Need some suggestions about the current route conditions.

I have done Hyderabad - Shirdi in Train, Bus, Car and even on two wheels (R15). The last time I went by road was on R15 about 15 months ago.

Took the Hyd - Sholapur - Tembhurni - Jalgaon - AhmedNagar - Shirdi route and it was about 570 KM. There were good roads and bad roads. Took me 12 hours - 6AM to 6PM.

Did a darshan at that night and started back to Hyderabad next morning. This time I went adventurous and took different route(s). Shirdi - Ahmednagar - NH222 - NH211 via Beed, Yedshi - Latur - Bidar - Hyderabad. The distance was still under 600 KM and it didn't cost me any extra time acor fuel.

NH222 was under expansion and had a little dificult time with directions and rough roads. Same before Latur too. Other-wise this route was relatively smoother with lot lesser traffic.

Which route would be better now? I don't mind a few extra kilometers if I can get smoother roads that save both time, fuel and more importantly - my energy in negotiating bad roads. The NH9 is full of heavy vehicle traffic forcing you to follow a long line of trucks/busses at relatively low speeds (based on my earlier trips to Mumbai on both 4 & 2 wheels). But it is manageable between Hyderabad and Sholapur in comparison with Sholapur - Pune.

I like the suggestion by jeepster and ashish and might consider the Osmanabad - Manjarsumbha - Patoda - Jamkhed route if the rouds would let me do anything over 60 KMPH average.

Please suggest the overall route and the current road conditions. I am looking for a more comfortable route which generally would be the faster route too. Never mind the 30 odd KM extra distance that would add up for a better route.

Thanks a ton

PS: adding to the older discussion, Hyderabad (Miyapur) to Sholapur can be done in 3.5 to 4 hours. Heavy Traffic starts after Sholapur.

Once at Shirdi, if with family or a group and if not in need of AC rooms, please look out for Sansthan's Dwarawati guest house. That's the best place we stayed so far and is walkable distance to the temple.

Last edited by MotoKris : 28th June 2011 at 16:59. Reason: added more detail

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks