Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 15:10   #151
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is outside NH9 right? (I mean Tembhurni-Nagar). Is this also being 4-laned? If yes, then is it because of Shirdi that this road is being 4-laned?

Tembhurni- Nagar road is outside NH9. This is being 4 laned for the past 1 year I guess. This is an important highway for all trucks travelling to Manmad/Dhule/Indore and up North. Truck traffic density is very high and have seen the maximum long and extra long trucks taking the route.

This was really horrible last year. I mean beyond that 60 km. I have never seen a potholed 4-lane road! I really hope they finish it well. Also any signs of update on the bridge on river Pravara? This was (is?) an invariable choke point thanks to a very narrow bridge and with the second bridge construction stalled.
I had to face this trecherous last 25kms before Shirdi in Nov'13, which was nothing less that torture for you and your car. The finishing is not good and the road is still very rough, but the craters do not exist anymore. This bridge still remains a chocking point and I could not see any activity on the second bridge, just that the structure was present

Last edited by zen91 : 10th April 2014 at 15:14.
Old 10th April 2014, 17:15   #152
Team-BHP Support

Thats good info. I used to wonder which is route up north which most trucks on NH13 end up in? So this is the one!

Chitradurga-Hospet-Solapur-Tembhurni-Nagar-Shirdi-Malegaon-Indore.

I was not aware about the Tembhurni-Nagar corridor. Thanks.
Old 21st May 2014, 18:27   #153
BHPian

Drove Hyderabad to Shirdi on 8th May.
Started at 6am from Hyderabad(Madinaguda)
Break at 7:15am for break fast at Zaheerabad
Lunch break at 2pm near tembhurni
Evening tea break at 5:30pm at Ahmednagar
Reached Shirdi at 7:30pm

Potholes after Sangareddy x road till Zaheerabad. Noticed these were filled to most extent on my return on 13th.
Stretch before Homnabad has been patched up but bit rough ride.
Bad stretch before Naldurg(I feel this is the bad stretch in the entire route).
Solapur bypass till Tembhurni nice 4 lane road except few diversions.
Tembhurni to Ahmednagar good road overall.
Ahmednagar to Shirdi is good though with some rough stretch for few kilometres before Shirdi.

Didn't encounter long trucks between Tembhurni to Shirdi this time, used to seem them a lot in my previous trips. Guess due to good road till pune and beyond they might have started taking that route.
Old 25th May 2014, 10:42   #154
BHPian

Good to know the Sholapur roads have improved? Were you stopped by MH cops anywhere asking for papers , pollution certificate.
Old 26th May 2014, 20:59   #155
BHPian

I was never stopped on that stretch.
I have been criss crossing Maharashtra from past 6 years, only once in Nagpur outskirts I was stopped and checked for documents. But I was always stopped at Banda check post(MH Goa border), both while entering and exiting Goa. Need to get out of the vehicle, go to the counter and show all the documents while the details are being entered in the register.
Old 26th May 2014, 22:26   #156
BHPian

The MH Goa border story is different where you walk to a counter to show papers. Sholapur bypass is notorious for MH traffic cops hunting for non MH vehicles. They look for some pretext to extract money. I was once stopped by a constable (yes just 1) with his bike and asked me for papers. He even had guts to say its a 5 year old car when he saw even the pollution was ok. I lost my cool, wanted to call his officer but had no time to prolong it. Asked him curtly to get out of my way and continued.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:20   #157
BHPian

It seems I will have to do this again However this time I am planning to visit Nasik first. What will be the best route if one were to go directly to Nasik?
Old 7th July 2014, 15:39   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
It seems I will have to do this again However this time I am planning to visit Nasik first. What will be the best route if one were to go directly to Nasik?

Same route as the one to Shirdi just that a fair distance after Rahuri-Chincholi Phata,you would get a Y fork,the straight continues to Shirdi,while you take the left fork towards Loni and join the NH50 after Sangamner at Shingote.Traffic would be very high on the NH50.From Tembhurni Nashik is exactly 300kms and should take you around 7hours.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:38   #159
Senior - BHPian

For the benefit of Shirdi goers,there are two new Vithal Kamat restaurants that have come up

1.At Mohol to your right towards Pune

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vitha...73517209471625

2.At Karmala attached to a HPCL 30kms from the Tembhurni turnoff towards Karmala
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 20:34   #160
BHPian

I was searching for the best from Hyderabad to Ahmadnagar today and found that Google maps is showing a route from Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Bidar->Udgir->Ambajogai->Beed-Ahmadnagar as the fastest route.

How is the above route? Or should we stick to the regular route via Solapur?
Old 31st August 2014, 23:13   #161
Senior - BHPian

Met a pal who traveled to Shirdi a couple of weeks ago. He went via Solapur, Tembhurni, Karmala and Ahmednagar and returned on another route.

Per him, the road from Zaheerabad to Solapur is manageable and not as terrible as before. From there to Tembhurni is also good, except a bottleneck at Shetfal Railway crossing. He spotted a couple of new Vittal Kamat restaruants on that stretch with very clean toilets.

But the road from Tembhurni to Shirdi was bad to very bad, and it took him quite a bit of patience to cover that stretch.

On the return, he came via Parbhani, Nanded, Nirmal and then Nagpur Highway, which was very decent and fast, and not stressful at all. It is around 100 kms longer, but it took him 12 hours to reach Hyderabad. I am not sure of the exact route he took from Shirdi to Parbhani, so will update this thread after gathering that information.

He strongly recommends the return route for Hyd to Shirdi travellers.
Old 22nd September 2014, 07:30   #162
BHPian

Can some one update the road condition via solapur bypass, ahmadnagar.

Any pointers for travelling with 2 kids? I am assuming the best time to start to be around 5:00am in the morning, and expecting to reach Shirdi by around 6:00PM.

I was planning in Feb, but could not make it. I am planning to drive on this Sunday, and go for darshan on Monday.

Last edited by rishie : 22nd September 2014 at 07:33.
Old 28th November 2014, 18:34   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

This was really horrible last year. I mean beyond that 60 km. I have never seen a potholed 4-lane road! I really hope they finish it well. Also any signs of update on the bridge on river Pravara? This was (is?) an invariable choke point thanks to a very narrow bridge and with the second bridge construction stalled.
The second bridge on river Pravara is now open. Crossing the river is stress free now.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 21:04   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
The second bridge on river Pravara is now open. Crossing the river is stress free now.
Phew! Finally! Thats a real good update. I now hope they also fix the potholed four lane road around Shirdi. I also hope authorities think about creating a good bypass option for Shirdi.
Old 24th December 2014, 17:36   #165
BHPian

vnabhi

Can you please update on the second recommended route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks