Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 00:27   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

@idea:"I am afraid about OS of my ASUS netbook as it has XP (no original). Do i need to be bothered on this?"

This is hilarious. Do you really believe everyone who flies out of India is having original OS in their notebook's? What about mp3's amd DVD rips?

If that was the case it would have been best way to curb piracy..with all the software companies laughing their way to the bank.

Stop worrying about such trivial things and enjoy the trip.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:50   #707
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Planning to visit Cochin during May-2010. I have booked tickets for 2-May-2010 on Kingfisher Red (Kingfisher Class not operated on this route) from Mumbai to Cochin and Indigo on the return journey on 16-May-2010. Although the rates for the KF-Red was INR 2500/- above Indigo, went ahead and booked it for the better travel experience. Total cost ~ INR 27,000/- (for 3 adults)

The KF flight is a non-stop one leaving Mumbai at 06:45 AM and reaching Cochin at 08:45 AM. The flight time indicated is 2 Hrs. Not sure why this is so as other flights usually take about 1 Hr: 30 Mins to reach Cochin. Anyone got any clue??

How would you folks rate KF-Red service?
Old 26th May 2010, 14:33   #708
BHPian

Hello guys,

I am travelling to Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam)- Netherland for companys work, will fly by emerites via dubai. Need assistance at the Schiphol Airport. Have any body been to Amsterdam ?.
From airport I shall be travlling to Mannesmann by train, its about 45 mim ride.

uday
Old 26th May 2010, 19:01   #709
Senior - BHPian

Stopped at Washington Dulles airport for a connection. Spent around 4 hours there. It is by far the best, least crowded, well managed etc. Almost all the eateries are managed by North Indians there. The lady was kind to inform me to get a calling card from outside not from the Airport as I'd be paying more for less. There is also a Chapel where people of all failths can come and pray. This is at the A34 Terminal.
Old 26th May 2010, 21:15   #710
Senior - BHPian

Has any one flown Jet Konnect lately are they as good as Spicejet.

We need to travel from Delhi to Pune with three senior citizens and two kids. The only choices for morning travel are Jet Konnect and Spice Jet not considering KF Red & Indigo.

My personal choice was the Indigo what with their low floor buses at Delhi, assistance, easy to climb ramps and due consideration shown towards aged and children in general but their flight is a hopper so out of contention.
Old 26th May 2010, 21:35   #711
Senior - BHPian

Had a really bad experience this time coming back from USA. I checked in my only bag from New Orleans while flying back to Saskatoon through Minneapolis. After getting back home, I realized the in-built lock of my bag was broken. I found a notice from TSA (Transportation Security Administration, a unit of Homeland Security) stating they had randomly picked my bag for inspection and everything was placed back in the bag after inspection.

To my surprise when I checked my stuff, my Macbook Pro was broken . Also, the perfume bottle in my personal items kit was broken and the liquid was spread all over my suit, shirts and other clothes.

I immediately phoned at their contact number and informed them about the damage. At first, they refused to take responsibility. When I started yelling at them and I asked the girl to let me talk to their senior officials, she transferred me to another line. The person on other line apologized for the damage and promised to send the claim forms at my home address.

Has anyone had this type of experience while traveling to US?

I keep on moving between US and Canada a lot (7 times in last 3 months) and this has happened to me for the first time. It is a serious matter and I still have no idea what to do.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:18   #712
santoshnair

Post deleted. Chat/SMS Lingo is not permitted on Team-BHP. Therefore, "my" is not "mi", "before" is not "b4" and "that" is not "dat".

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2010 at 11:27.

Old 2nd June 2010, 12:38   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Has any one flown Jet Konnect lately are they as good as Spicejet.

We need to travel from Delhi to Pune with three senior citizens and two kids. The only choices for morning travel are Jet Konnect and Spice Jet not considering KF Red & Indigo.

My personal choice was the Indigo what with their low floor buses at Delhi, assistance, easy to climb ramps and due consideration shown towards aged and children in general but their flight is a hopper so out of contention.
Its as good as flying Jet Airways.They now have a mini-business class as well called Konnect Select,fares in this section are inclusive of meals and leg space is more as compared to the economy section.

Go ahead and have a safe flight.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:52   #714
Senior - BHPian

Air-Tickets @ Bus Rates!! EDIT: And now vice-versa!

Yes, we all do encounter such offers/promotions where-in we get Air-tickets for peanuts when compared to original cost of the Ticket. So why not share with community so as everyone can enjoy at fullest.

What did I encountered ??

Offer/Promotion : Fly to Kuala-Lampur from New Delhi for 0 Rs. (Taxes are to be paid)

Catch : You need to plan your trip in the month of August, 2010

Source : 6 June, 2010 TOI Adv.

A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-airasia.jpg
Old 5th June 2010, 12:19   #715
Senior - BHPian

i just pm you for same offer on aa website and you already posted here.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:15   #716
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the headsup Ashish !! Ashish thanking Ashish... hehehe.. sounds a bit amusing
Old 5th June 2010, 14:06   #717
BHPian

this aint working fares are still 4400 plus taxes
Old 8th June 2010, 13:53   #718
Senior - BHPian

Bus Tickets @ Air / Train Fare Rates

May be slightly OT here but still need to post

Yesterday was looking at bus tickets to Bombay and was surprised to see Bus tickets in Neeta varying between 1600 -2000. IIRC the 2nd AC fare is about 1200. This is complete fleecing by Neeta Travel trying to make a quick buck in this holiday season. We should have regulatory frame work to check unreasonable hike in bus tickets.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:57   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
May be slightly OT here but still need to post

Yesterday was looking at bus tickets to Bombay and was surprised to see Bus tickets in Neeta varying between 1600 -2000. IIRC the 2nd AC fare is about 1200. This is complete fleecing by Neeta Travel trying to make a quick buck in this holiday season. We should have regulatory frame work to check unreasonable hike in bus tickets.
Rs.2000 for a Volvo ticket to Mumbai?. Dont look at rates online dude.

Haul yourself personally to Lakdi-ka Pul and get it booked personally for a reasonable rate.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:04   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rs.2000 for a Volvo ticket to Mumbai?. Dont look at rates online dude.

Haul yourself personally to Lakdi-ka Pul and get it booked personally for a reasonable rate.
Avi, I was just checking for someone else, for me if its 2 people, its works out cheaper to take the Bolero. The rates have been jacked up and closer you come to the weekend, the higher the rates doesn't matter whether you book online or offline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks