Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 15:48   #736
BHPian

Re: A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Need some advise from you experienced travellers

Company is applying for a US visa in a couple of weeks.

Just noticed my passport has spelt my Place of Birth as Mumabi instead of Mumbai.

Will that be an issue ? What are my options.

Please do let me know - time is of the essence here.
Old 5th February 2011, 21:15   #737
Senior - BHPian

With the US of A you cannot take a chance more so since the mistake is in the name of the city itself. Suggest that you use the Tatkal service at the passport office to have this rectified. Should not take more than a few hours.
Old 5th February 2011, 22:12   #738
BHPian

Few hours sounds good.

I shall go there on Monday. I have also been advised to have it corrected and then endorsed.
Old 6th February 2011, 02:39   #739
Senior - BHPian

@karthik247

1. & 2. It is obvious that it has to be Emitrates. You are keen, they do have one of the best inflight services and theirs is the route with the least stoppages.

Besides if you are inclined you could make use of Emirates various offers and get stopovers in Dubai both ways depending on the class of ticket that you book. But one way is for sure. Further they will take care of the visa formalities for DXB you just give them the documents and pay the fee.

3. Depends on your time of travel. Emirates should be running offers concurrent with the Dubai shopping festival sometimes around now.

Just take one of the several direct flights from DXB to BHX. Why do you want to take a chance with Heathrow's baggage issues etc. Unless of course you really really want to experience the A380 in which case no effort is too much. Maybe you could route one of your travel legs through London/A380 and have the best of both Worlds.
Old 10th March 2011, 13:02   #740
BHPian

Any recent happening / things that I should keep in mind while going from BOM to JFK tomorrow.

JFK to NYC taxi fare - do you bargain ?
Old 10th March 2011, 13:19   #741
Senior - BHPian

You can pre-book the taxi. That saves hassles at exit. I use 666 taxi (their number is 212 666 6666). Shd cost around $50 inclusive of tolls.
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:07   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

A Rant on how I got gypped by Air India

[Rant]

Here I am. Sitting at the mumbai domestic airport, fuming.

It started this morning, very early. I had booked a ticket to fly to Goa (the Lord knows I need a holiday, lol) for the weekend and then some.
Knowing it was the Easter weekend, I expected a rush and booked this ticket weeks in advance.

I got a flight, Air-India (previously Indian Airlines) for 05.20 in the AM. Fine, the earlier I begin the better it is.

I reached the Airport at 04.25AM. Should be OK right? Wrong!

The self-check in kioska were literally peppered around the check in area. Thinking to avoid the swarms at the counters, I went to help myself. 5 out of 6 computer kiosks didn't work.

The 6th one told me (after taking, believe you me, step by step, screen by screen My first Name, Last Name, PNR, Ticket Number, Airport of Destination, Airort of Origin and Flight Number!!) that I couldn't be checked in, contact supervisor.

I rushed to the counter. Counter to counter, playing office-office (in all fairness, there was a LOT of rush) the supervisor told me the flight was closed.

But it's still 4.40, leaving 40 minutes to the flight and I've been running around for 15 mins!
The flight was pushed back to 5.05am.

Well, I wasn't informed.

Nobody was informed, the runways required it.

Huh?

Look we can argue, but I can't help you. The Flight is closed. Here, let me unvalidate your ticket, the booking counter will put you on the next flight at no charge.

Heart beating like a butterfly I rush to the reservation counters. Of course there are 6 windows, only 2 are working and people are jostling and arguing and trying to make their huge baggage trolleys stand in the line too. It is madness.

The next flight is in the evening.
What?
Yes and it is full.
But the supervisor said you would put me on the next flight.
I can't. It's full.
Can you help me?
Maybe you can fly out tomorrow evening.

No I need to go there today.
I can't help you.
OK give me a refund.
I can't. This is a no-show. You get no money back.

I stood and argued the best I could. It is hard when you do it with someone who doesn't give an dung and when 30 people behind you are yelling jaldi karo, printout chahiye, flight miss ho jaayegi.

I stood there, my head spinning in the chaos and honking and called everyone. Jet, Jetlite, Indigo, Go-Air all of them.

Kingfisher Red gave me a seat on their next flight. 11 hours later. For 12000 bucks.

I'm at the airport. Cheated and poorer than I was yesterday.

Beware of Air India.

[/Rant]
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:22   #743
Team-BHP Support

The Mumbai airport will be closed next saturday as well between 11:30am-4:30pm for lighting work.

Beware next saturday as well.
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:23   #744
MCR
BHPian

^^well be ware of Kingfisher as well. I was booked on IT3409 two weeks ago. It starts from Bangalore at 6.00AM. Reached airport at 5.05am. Went to the kiosk got the boarding pass printed, carried on to the security check only to be informed that I had the return sector boarding pass. Rushed back, shouted and scolded the guys there. They coolly denied their responsibility and told I was late for the flight. No amount or arguing helped. Finally threatened them of consumer court suit and got a refund voucher. Went on to AI counter, got the Bangalore - Hyderabad - Pune flight for INR3907/-. At least I could attend the meeting in Pune. I have now instructed our travel agents CWT against putting me on any Kingfisher flight.

Copy paste of my mail to Kingfisher:

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your email dated 09-Apr-2011 to us.

Your message has been assigned an ID ###### and has been forwarded for investigation/action. You will receive a response shortly.

Please include the string : IssueID : ###### in the subject line for all future correspondence about this issue.

We appreciate your patronage of Kingfisher Airlines and look forward to welcoming you on board again.

Yours sincerely,

GUEST COMMITMENT TEAM
KINGFISHER AIRLINES LTD.

“This message (including any attachments hereto) is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient and receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by replying to this message immediately. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. Kingfisher Airlines Limited and/or its affiliates/ subsidiaries/ employees are not liable for the improper transmission of this message nor any damage sustained as a result of this message.”

----- Original Message -----
To : Guestcare@flykingfisher.com
CC :
Sent : 09-Apr-2011
Subject : Check-in

Type of Feedback :Grievances Subject :Check-in Name :MCR Email add :xyz@abc.com Phone :099xxxxxxxxx Comments & Suggestions :I had booked on IT3409 on wednesday 06.04.2011. I had reached the check-in kiosk at 5.05AM. The airline crew there printed the wrong boarding pass. This I realised only near the security check area. Later when I came back to collect my correct boarding pass, the crew simply dismissed me saying I was late for the flight. The crew were extremely arrogant. As if I was asking them something from their pocket. I am fully disappointed and have woved that I will never fly on this airline and with useless buggers. And that Mr.Hemant, the arrogant crew manger.Less said the better. I have also made this aware to our travel agent CWT. I WILL NEVER FLY WITH KF AGAIN.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd April 2011 at 17:41.
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:56   #745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But it's still 4.40, leaving 40 minutes to the flight and I've been running around for 15 mins!
Quote:
^^well be ware of Kingfisher as well.
hi folks ,

This is getting very common with most - I have suffered with everyone - Jet , KF & AI , the reasons are not just cut off time but overbooking as well , they must have overbooked on weekend flight , best way to save from all these hassles is to check in from Home - earn Miles as well ...
Old 25th April 2011, 15:36   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
^^well be ware of Kingfisher as well. I was booked on IT3409 two weeks ago. It starts from Bangalore at 6.00AM. Reached airport at 5.05am. Went to the kiosk got the boarding pass printed, carried on to the security check only to be informed that I had the return sector boarding pass. Rushed back, shouted and scolded the guys there. They coolly denied their responsibility and told I was late for the flight. No amount or arguing helped. Finally threatened them of consumer court suit and got a refund voucher. Went on to AI counter, got the Bangalore - Hyderabad - Pune flight for INR3907/-. At least I could attend the meeting in Pune. I have now instructed our travel agents CWT against putting me on any Kingfisher flight.

Copy paste of my mail to Kingfisher:

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your email dated 09-Apr-2011 to us.

Your message has been assigned an ID ###### and has been forwarded for investigation/action. You will receive a response shortly.

Please include the string : IssueID : ###### in the subject line for all future correspondence about this issue.

We appreciate your patronage of Kingfisher Airlines and look forward to welcoming you on board again.

Yours sincerely,

GUEST COMMITMENT TEAM
KINGFISHER AIRLINES LTD.

“This message (including any attachments hereto) is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient and receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by replying to this message immediately. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. Kingfisher Airlines Limited and/or its affiliates/ subsidiaries/ employees are not liable for the improper transmission of this message nor any damage sustained as a result of this message.”

----- Original Message -----
To : Guestcare@flykingfisher.com
CC :
Sent : 09-Apr-2011
Subject : Check-in

Type of Feedback :Grievances Subject :Check-in Name :MCR Email add :xyz@abc.com Phone :099xxxxxxxxx Comments & Suggestions :I had booked on IT3409 on wednesday 06.04.2011. I had reached the check-in kiosk at 5.05AM. The airline crew there printed the wrong boarding pass. This I realised only near the security check area. Later when I came back to collect my correct boarding pass, the crew simply dismissed me saying I was late for the flight. The crew were extremely arrogant. As if I was asking them something from their pocket. I am fully disappointed and have woved that I will never fly on this airline and with useless buggers. And that Mr.Hemant, the arrogant crew manger.Less said the better. I have also made this aware to our travel agent CWT. I WILL NEVER FLY WITH KF AGAIN.
Send this mail to the chairman's id and you are sure to receive a prompt response.Atleast in my experiences,they have actioned and responded to all emails marked to the chairman's id.All the best.
Old 29th April 2011, 17:52   #747
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Rant on how I got gypped by Air India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I got a flight, Air-India (previously Indian Airlines) for 05.20 in the AM. Fine, the earlier I begin the better it is.

I reached the Airport at 04.25AM. Should be OK right? Wrong!
OK give me a refund.
I can't. This is a no-show. You get no money back.

Kingfisher Red gave me a seat on their next flight. 11 hours later. For 12000 bucks.

I'm at the airport. Cheated and poorer than I was yesterday.
Beware of Air India.
circle completed!!!

somewhere in this thread, you had mentioned about Air Deccan service,
but kingfisher red formerly Air Deccan came to your rescue.
you are loyal customer of Air India as per your various quotes in travelogues but now Air India is virtually on collapse!!

I remember something like this happened at kl airport last year when i was there with rajababues but my experience was very different.
Old 29th April 2011, 22:23   #748
BHPian

I have always had issues with only one Airline "SPICEJET". Either delayed or cancelled. They inform you about it but just at the nick of time and your helpless about it.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:43   #749
Senior - BHPian

A query:

I have booked Air India flight from Indore to Singapore, as Indore airport is not for International flights, The ticket details are as follows:

Indore-Delhi : 8:00 Am 11:00 AM

Delhi-Singapore: 12 midnight the same day.

Now, my question is, could I check-in the baggage for Singapore from Indore only? Or I will have to separately check-in the baggage for Singapore at Delhi?

The whole journey will be by Air-India and is booked at once.

Also,

1) What should be the size of hand baggage allowed? and can I carry my laptop and camera in it also I have heard that it should be transparent? WTH it is??

2) Are Delhi domestic and International airports different?

Thanks.

Last edited by mercedised : 21st May 2011 at 20:46.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:43   #750
BHPian

My wife is returning from Dubai and has got the following things (value):
1) iPhone 4 (INR 28k)
2) 1 gold coin (INR 20k)
3) 1 Grinder (INR 2k)
4) Some perfumes, chocolates etc.

Will she be asked to pay the duty for this ?

This is the first time she is travelling abroad and is alone; dont want her to be haggled by the customs; also she should know (for that matter even me) what chargeable and what is not?

Also what can be avoided since she will carry the phone (but wants the box and will keep it in the baggage).

Appreciate your help!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks