Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2018, 16:07   #11836
Lij
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Hi,

I am driving down to Kerala (Thrissur) on 22nd from Mumbai. Planning to halt at Tumkur / Attibelle on 22nd night and next day reach Thrissur.

Will there be heavy holiday traffic on 23rd as well from Bangalore? If so what times should I look to start on 23rd so that I can stay clear of the holiday rush?

Worst case - will postponing the trip by a day help, say start my journey from Mumbai on 23rd?

Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 00:31   #11837
BHPian

I'm driving to Kerala this weekend. How is the road condition from Bangalore to Mysore via Kanakpura road? Is the road widening work still going on?
What about the condition of Naadukaani churam?
Old 19th December 2018, 07:41   #11838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Hi,

I am driving down to Kerala (Thrissur) on 22nd from Mumbai. Planning to halt at Tumkur / Attibelle on 22nd night and next day reach Thrissur.

Will there be heavy holiday traffic on 23rd as well from Bangalore? If so what times should I look to start on 23rd so that I can stay clear of the holiday rush?

Worst case - will postponing the trip by a day help, say start my journey from Mumbai on 23rd?

Thanks
Personally I feel there won't be any holiday traffic from Bangalore on Dec 23rd. The rush would be mainly between Dec 20th evening and Dec 22nd.
Also please note, there is maintenance work on the elevated expressway from Silk board to Electronic City. The traffic is restricted to single lane on a few stretches. So plan accordingly.
Safe Drive and Happy Holidays
kuriancjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 11:58   #11839
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriancjohn View Post
Personally I feel there won't be any holiday traffic from Bangalore on Dec 23rd. The rush would be mainly between Dec 20th evening and Dec 22nd.
Also please note, there is maintenance work on the elevated expressway from Silk board to Electronic City. The traffic is restricted to single lane on a few stretches. So plan accordingly.
Safe Drive and Happy Holidays
Thanks for the update and wishes. I won't be taking the elevated road and would join below it after exiting NICE road. But I guess the maintenance work would add to the traffic below.
Old 19th December 2018, 15:01   #11840
BHPian

Hi All! I am travelling to Varkala from Bangalore this weekend (21st Dec). The route suggested by Google is Bangalore-Madurai-Rajapalayam-Thenmala-Anchal-Paripally-Varkala.

Will be travelling on this route for the first time. Is this a decent route or do you guys suggest some other route as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 19th December 2018, 18:39   #11841
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

For a morning drive (7-8am start) from Palakkad to Trichy (near Chathram bus stand), what's the better route ?
1. Palakkad-Walayar-Malumichampatty-Palladam-Kangayam-Karur-Trichy
(I think this is via the turn off to Palladam at the first exit on L&T bypass when going from Palakkad towards Coimbatore)

2. Palakkad-Pollachi-Dharapuram-Mulanur-Aravakurichi-Karur-Trichy

The above 2 are suggested by gmaps with both being almost same distance but #2 taking 15-20 minutes more, recommended route by gmaps is #1 though

How about #3, a mix and match of #1 & #2 ?
3. Palakkad-Pollachi-Palladam-Kangayam-Karur-Trichy

Last edited by NPV : 19th December 2018 at 18:44.
Old 19th December 2018, 19:18   #11842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
There was a newspaper article saying that the Marthandam flyover will be opened for regular traffic on the 19th. Any confirmations on this?

Have a trip planned on the 21st and was wondering if this route via Marthandam would be better.

Else what is the current best route out of Tvm and into TN? Via Pudukadai?
Both flyovers were opened today,
Marthandam flyover:
https://www.facebook.com/Kanyakumari...1731526997279/

Parvathipuram flyover:
https://www.facebook.com/Kanyakumari...6972992759880/
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 10:40   #11843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Both flyovers were opened today,
Marthandam flyover:
https://www.facebook.com/Kanyakumari...1731526997279/

Parvathipuram flyover:
https://www.facebook.com/Kanyakumari...6972992759880/
Thanks for the info. Was in today's newspaper as well

So i reckon the old NH route is now the best way to cross the border?
Old 20th December 2018, 15:22   #11844
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
1. Palakkad-Walayar-Malumichampatty-Palladam-Kangayam-Karur-Trichy
(I think this is via the turn off to Palladam at the first exit on L&T bypass when going from Palakkad towards Coimbatore)
If 4-lane is good, then worth taking

Quote:
2. Palakkad-Pollachi-Dharapuram-Mulanur-Aravakurichi-Karur-Trichy
Else this is the next best option.

Quote:
How about #3, a mix and match of #1 & #2 ?
3. Palakkad-Pollachi-Palladam-Kangayam-Karur-Trichy
Option 2 is better than this option in my opinion.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 16:54   #11845
BHPian

Quote:
For a morning drive (7-8am start) from Palakkad to Trichy (near Chathram bus stand), what's the better route ?
Take option 1 - if you are ok to travel in a heavy traffic with overtaking buses/cars coming straight opp. to you (between Palladam to Karur) on good paved roads, straight roads.

Take option 2 - if you want to drive in sparse traffic on a 2 lane roads except a short distance 4 lane road between Aravakurichy and Karur

In both the options roads are good. Option 1 is NH and Option 2 is state highways. Hope you know the quality difference of these 2

I would not suggest Option 3
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:38   #11846
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone traveling out of Bangalore today or tomorrow towards Kerala via Attibele-Hosur, please do post about your experience on the traffic density especially at the tolls Hoping and guessing most people will be traveling today (Friday) and tomorrow ?
Old 21st December 2018, 11:58   #11847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone traveling out of Bangalore today or tomorrow towards Kerala via Attibele-Hosur, please do post about your experience on the traffic density especially at the tolls
I'm going today, hoping to start before 3 PM and take Sarjapur-Hosur route (BETL is risky I guess). By when do you need the update? PM me your number for WhatsApp'ed updates :-)
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 13:49   #11848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone traveling out of Bangalore today or tomorrow towards Kerala via Attibele-Hosur, please do post about your experience on the traffic density especially at the tolls Hoping and guessing most people will be traveling today (Friday) and tomorrow ?
I am driving tomorrow to Munnar. Initially planned to start Sunday early morning. But in a position to start tomorrow. So planning to start by 1PM and break at a decent hotel I found near Tiruppur.

Hoping major part of the crowd will leave today and tomorrow morning.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 15:31   #11849
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I'm going today, hoping to start before 3 PM and take Sarjapur-Hosur route (BETL is risky I guess). By when do you need the update? PM me your number for WhatsApp'ed updates :-)
Whomever I met today at office are starting tomorrow morning, so am I and looks like I may not be able to start very early morning.

So in the worst case, to avoid the mayhem, I will take Attibelle-Rayakkotai-Palacode-Dharmapuri route. Haven't taken this route for long time, so any updates on this route? Also to Rayakkotai, which is better route - via Kelamangalam or the other one?
Old 21st December 2018, 20:44   #11850
Senior - BHPian

Folks, which is the suggested route from Munnar to Kovalam ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks