Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 11:25   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
When was that bridge ever good?It has been the same way for the past some 10-15years,they tried using concrete on the bridge instead of traditional tar & metal and yet no results,so I guess you need to take it with a pinch of salt and accept the fact that the bridge is going to be the same for time immemorial!!Even the blind curve after the bridge(towards PLKD)has been traditionally bad(blessing in disguise as most vehicles are forced to drop speed because of the bad roads there)
I said its "Pathetic" at present though most of the times, the surface is rough and bad.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:14   #1442
BHPian

Any updates on the road between Palghat and Trichur ?

Last edited by joecherian : 5th August 2010 at 13:25.
Old 10th August 2010, 12:46   #1443
BHPian

Did a B'lore-Calicut-B'lore last weekend. Nanjangode-Gundelpet is patched up but it continues to be an unpleasant drive here. Quite of few new potholes in Wayanad. Hair-pin bends have further deteriorated. Watch out for small stone pieces that might fly off from heavy vehichles' tyres in those hair-pin bends. I was lucky to escape a hit this time. Some bad patches in Adivaram-Thamarassery as well. Blr-Mysore is as usual.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:55   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Did a B'lore-Calicut-B'lore last weekend. Nanjangode-Gundelpet is patched up but it continues to be an unpleasant drive here. Quite of few new potholes in Wayanad. Hair-pin bends have further deteriorated. Watch out for small stone pieces that might fly off from heavy vehichles' tyres in those hair-pin bends. I was lucky to escape a hit this time. Some bad patches in Adivaram-Thamarassery as well. Blr-Mysore is as usual.
Did you really mean Nanjangud-Gundlupet or was it meant to be Mysore-Nanjangud ? I travel between Bangalore and Kalpetta on a regular basis, and it is the latter stretch that has always been bad both in terms or road surface conditions as well as traffic.

In my experience the roads between Nanjangud and Gundlupet have generally been in good shape all throughout, except for those speed breakers in the first 5 kms or so after you pass Nanjangud and the small stretches around Begur village.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:39   #1445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Did you really mean Nanjangud-Gundlupet or was it meant to be Mysore-Nanjangud ? I travel between Bangalore and Kalpetta on a regular basis, and it is the latter stretch that has always been bad both in terms or road surface conditions as well as traffic.
I think it should be Mysore-Nanjangud. After Nanjangud, drive is a pleasure.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:03   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Any updates on the road between Palghat and Trichur ?
Heard from a friend who travelled last weekend, lot of craters are there in this stretch. Be prepared for a slow drive since some morons tend to avoid these craters by taking a 45 degree quick steer.

Not sure whether some one did Dindigul-Theni-Kumily route recently. If it is better, I could take that route for Onam trip.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:11   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Not sure whether some one did Dindigul-Theni-Kumily route recently. If it is better, I could take that route for Onam trip.
Lovely road all the way to Kottayam. Yesterday's update.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:27   #1448
BHPian

My trip last week to calicut was a nightmare. The hairpin bends are all in bad shape except for two where the interlocking tile job was done some years back. No idea, why they cannot just do up the remaining 8 bends.
I had by front body skirt damaged on calicut Kannur road. The worst roads, full of pot holes and in certain areas no roads it was full of rain water making it impossible to know the depth of the pot holes.
4 wheel drives are recommended for these roads till furthur notice.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 10th August 2010 at 16:29.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:56   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Lovely road all the way to Kottayam. Yesterday's update.
Wow! Thats glad news. Thanks HVK, I thought Kumily stretch would have damaged in rain.
Old 10th August 2010, 21:08   #1450
BHPian

@joecherian - Palghat and Trichur, its better don't take this route. My cousin did a round trip Cochin-Bangalore yesterday. According to him its worst stretch between Trichur-Palghat. While going back he took Palghat - Shornur route.

@hvkumar - Thanks a lot for Dindigul-Theni-Kumily-kottayam update.

I am going to take this route for onam trip, planning to travel on August 20th friday morning.
Old 10th August 2010, 22:25   #1451
joe
BHPian

Ernakulam to Muvattupuzha

Has anybody gone from Ernakulam to Muvattupuzha via Tripunithra, Puthencruz Kolencherry?
Old 10th August 2010, 22:33   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Has anybody gone from Ernakulam to Muvattupuzha via Tripunithra, Puthencruz Kolencherry?
Yes, that road is excellent too, update from last week
Old 10th August 2010, 22:58   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
You mean NH49? it is Fine Except for Some Road Works at Karingachira Junction.

The Alternate Route(Via Kakkanad,Pattimattom) to Muvattupuzha is in Bad Condition as usual and There is some De-tour Needed after Nellad as PWD Works Going On.I used to take this Route to Reach Edapally.and it is a State Highway!(SH41)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_H...1_%28Kerala%29

Last edited by deepclutch : 10th August 2010 at 23:03.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:11   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Did you really mean Nanjangud-Gundlupet or was it meant to be Mysore-Nanjangud ? .
My mistake. I meant Mysore-Nanjangode. Nanjangode-Gudelpet is excellent.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:17   #1455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
You mean NH49? it is Fine Except for Some Road Works at Karingachira Junction.

The Alternate Route(Via Kakkanad,Pattimattom) to Muvattupuzha is in Bad Condition as usual and There is some De-tour Needed after Nellad as PWD Works Going On.I used to take this Route to Reach Edapally.and it is a State Highway!(SH41)
State Highway 41 (Kerala) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Used it last december as you suggested (for Munnar-Kumarakom) and also went through that exact railway crossing bypassing Tripunithura ! NH49 was very good then. Munar/Adimali/Kothanmangalam/Muvatupuzha/Tripunithura.

Did a detour in one of the towns. Not sure which one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks