Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 19:38   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicator View Post
So, getting off NH47 at Angamali and then cross over at Mokkanur and rejoining NH47 at Chalakudy - going into my trip book.
From Cochin side, it is past Angamali. The junction is known as KARAYAMPARAMBU Junction.

When you cross the bridge at Mokkanur, you will land right in front of Silver Storm water theme park. A right takes you to the falls and a left to Chalakudy and NH47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicator View Post
Noticed that you are from Alleppey. Any suggestions on which(type?) House Boat to book?
You have 1 bed room and 2 bedroom house boats with AC (and even without AC, I think also bigger ones). The routine is that you get in around noon, lunch on boat, go around until evening, anchor at dusk, dinner and night in the boat, back to shore at 9 to 10, with break fast on the boat.

Rates vary with season. Bargain.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:33   #1352
BHPian

I am planning a road trip this weekend from Hyderabad to Wayanad with one night stay in Mysore. Want to know the best route for HYD-MYSORE with recommended places for breaks (clean + good food). I am travelling with my family and have one year old one with us.

Appreciate your help and Thanks in advance !
Old 12th June 2010, 16:20   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Want to know the best route for HYD-MYSORE with recommended places for breaks (clean + good food). I am travelling with my family and have one year old one with us.

Appreciate your help and Thanks in advance !
See this thread, which is more relavant.
Old 17th June 2010, 02:54   #1354
Senior - BHPian

guys, need an update on the cochin-kannur-magalore-kollur route.

has rain wrecked havoc on the nh17?
Old 18th June 2010, 01:32   #1355
Senior - BHPian

update on the above?
Old 18th June 2010, 12:15   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My friend did Kerala trip last week, he updated that NH47 invited him with potholes here and there. And this made the journey dangerous since other vehicles take sharp left and right to avoid potholes. May be its better to rely on public transport till the monsoon ends and road improves.
Old 19th June 2010, 20:09   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
guys, need an update on the cochin-kannur-magalore-kollur route.

has rain wrecked havoc on the nh17?
As on 3rd / 4th of this month, Cochin - Trichur - Kunnamkulam and onwards to Kannur (Parassinikkadavu Temple) was painless to drive.

The return via Kodungalloor was also fine.

Last edited by trrk : 19th June 2010 at 20:10.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:02   #1358
BHPian

How is the road condition Blr -> Kutta - > mananthavady - > Kalpetta. Is it drivable in the night ? I came to know from bus travellers that road is not that good.
Is this the only way or any other alternate route to Kalpetta in the night since the normal gundelpet route is closed for traffic in the night.

Last edited by vinu_pm : 21st June 2010 at 13:04.
Old 21st June 2010, 17:08   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
How is the road condition Blr -> Kutta - > mananthavady - > Kalpetta. Is it drivable in the night ? I came to know from bus travellers that road is not that good.
This stretch is discussed in detail in this thread.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:37   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
Is this the only way or any other alternate route to Kalpetta in the night since the normal gundelpet route is closed for traffic in the night.
The route which is marked on that map is not a viable option during night because the section through Nagarahole WLS (on the Hunsur-Kutta stretch) is open only from 6AM to 6PM. So I think you'll have to take the Titimathi / Gonikoppal route from Hunsur and then go on towards Kutta. Not sure about the road conditions now since it has been quite a while since I travelled that way.
Old 21st June 2010, 23:28   #1361
Senior - BHPian

@all,

excellent roads so far to kollur. did the trip 2 days back. route taken

cochin-goshree bridges-chavakad-ponani-kuttipuram-calicut new bypass, turn at the end to kannur, right on to the canal road, on to the the NH17 from there. (then the usual route, bypass kunnamkulam, edapal, calicut town)

the roads in between kannur and kasargod is not do great. after manjeshwar, entry to mangalore by pass and the industrial areas have construction works going on, afer the industrial area, floor away all the way tp udupi, silky smooth roads all the way, turn afer kundapura to kollur, excellent roads all the way.

if any one is headed that way! please enjoy the roads after mangalore.
Old 21st June 2010, 23:49   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
cochin-goshree bridges-chavakad-ponani-kuttipuram-calicut new bypass, turn at the end to kannur, right on to the canal road, on to the the NH17 from there. (then the usual route, bypass kunnamkulam, edapal, calicut town)
What is this new Calicut bypass? One more?
Old 22nd June 2010, 01:20   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
What is this new Calicut bypass? One more?
The old byepass started from Meenchantha and passed Mavoor Road quite close to the city (just about half a km or less from the KSRTC bus stand), went through Eranjipalam on Wayanad Road and joined Kannur Road at West Hill. Most of this road has now become part of the main city, so one can't really call it a bye-pass anymore.

The new one starts from about 10 kms further south from Ramanattukara (So bypasses even Feroke) and crosses Calicut-Wayanad road near Malapparambu close to the Civil station. I think the stretch from there to Kannur road is still incomplete, so not sure where it is supposed to join Kannur road.
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:07   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
The old byepass started from Meenchantha and passed Mavoor Road quite close to the city (just about half a km or less from the KSRTC bus stand), went through Eranjipalam on Wayanad Road and joined Kannur Road at West Hill. Most of this road has now become part of the main city, so one can't really call it a bye-pass anymore.

The new one starts from about 10 kms further south from Ramanattukara (So bypasses even Feroke) and crosses Calicut-Wayanad road near Malapparambu close to the Civil station. I think the stretch from there to Kannur road is still incomplete, so not sure where it is supposed to join Kannur road.
Thanks, kala.
Sounds good. When do you think the balance section will get complete?
If driving through at night, I find it better to go through Calicut city. Last time, I took the old bypass, I got lost!!
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:55   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks, kala.
Sounds good. When do you think the balance section will get complete?
If driving through at night, I find it better to go through Calicut city. Last time, I took the old bypass, I got lost!!
Yes - the old bypass road is a bit confusing especially in the section between Wayanad Road and Calicut-Kannur road because there is no well defined bye-pass road there, it's made up of roads that existed before.

No clue as to what's the progress of the new bypass northwards from Malapparamba since it's a long time I travelled towards Kannur from Calicut (My trips are almost always towards Bangalore - so I take a right turn on Wayanad road). Will try to get the info from my relatives in Calicut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks