Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 12:14   #406
BHPian

The Salem - Perundurai stretch is terrible.

Thoppur - Mettur - Bhavani - Perundurai is much better. The Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri flyovers are complete finally
Old 12th December 2008, 15:02   #407

Bangalore to Cochin route query !

Hi,

I will be travelling with my family from Bangalore to Cochin. Can you suggest a good route - with good / clean restaurants with toilet facilities.

I have not yet decided the route to take .

1. Hosur --> K'giri --> D'puri --> Thoppur --> Bhavani (I do not knw the detailed route)
2. Mysore --> Bandipur.......

Please suggest me which one will be better as I will be with my family - so good resting places in between is important.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:19   #408
BHPian

Route you need is very much present in this thread. Pls do check.
For the latest road conditions, keep a close watch on this thread. A few info. have already been posted. Even I am also watching this space for my drive on 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi,

I will be travelling with my family from Bangalore to Cochin. Can you suggest a good route - with good / clean restaurants with toilet facilities.

I have not yet decided the route to take .

1. Hosur --> K'giri --> D'puri --> Thoppur --> Bhavani (I do not knw the detailed route)
2. Mysore --> Bandipur.......

Please suggest me which one will be better as I will be with my family - so good resting places in between is important.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by menonrajesh : 12th December 2008 at 17:20.
Old 14th December 2008, 12:26   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Another alternative route is

Bangalore-->Mysore-->Thamarassery-->take left turn after the Ghat-->Areekkode-->manjeri-->Perinthalmanna-->Pattambi--->then either proceed to Trichur thru Shoranur or Kunnamkulam route-->From Trichur side u can take either NH 17 or NH47.

Its advisable to avoid Tamilnadu as entire Tamilnadu 4 lining works of National highways are on progress and hence some traffic issues.

--mykal
Dear mykal...thanks for that...i am planning to go to alwaye on jan3rd.We normally take the hosur,palghat route....but this time would like to take the mysore route..could you pls tell me any website which would give me the precise routing for this trip and also how many kms will it be....
Old 14th December 2008, 13:09   #410

HI,

Me too planning to travel with my family in Jan 3rd to alwaye from banglaore via mysore....pls give the exact routing and the kms....Finally how is the road condition and facilities enroute?
Old 15th December 2008, 09:39   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by empeesaju View Post
HI,

Me too planning to travel with my family in Jan 3rd to alwaye from banglaore via mysore....pls give the exact routing and the kms....Finally how is the road condition and facilities enroute?
Please do a search before you request for information , this has been dicussed to several times ..
Old 15th December 2008, 14:37   #412
BHPian

Thanks trrk & prabhuav. Guess I will advice my dad to stick to the Mettur-Bhavani route.

Cheers
Old 15th December 2008, 15:26   #413

me too driving to Kerala with my family on 20th early morning, to Kottayam. Planning to start from B'lore around 4 am.
This is the route that I am planning:

Blore --> Hosur --> K'giri --> D'puri --> Thoppur --> Bhavani --> Palakkad --> Angamali --> Ktym

Will start with full tank fuel eventhough it's slightly expensive in Bangalore. Wanted to check where should I be refuelling though. Any outlets around Bhavani area, or do you suggest refilling on the CBE-Palakkad route
Old 15th December 2008, 17:00   #414
BHPian

jkurian_in..normally I refill at the HP outlet in CBE-PKD bypass. But, it will be slightly costlier compared to Kerala. If you can hang on for another 100-120 kms..there is a KRPL (Kochi refineries) owned outlet ( BP ) near Pattikkara on PKD-TCR road
Old 15th December 2008, 22:35   #415
BHPian

Im travelling on this 20th to Kollam. Planning to take NH7->NH47 this time. any updates?
Old 16th December 2008, 10:42   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkurian_in View Post
Will start with full tank fuel eventhough it's slightly expensive in Bangalore. Wanted to check where should I be refuelling though. Any outlets around Bhavani area, or do you suggest refilling on the CBE-Palakkad route
You can try one IOC at kanjikode, just before Palakkad. I have tried few times there, seems to be good.
Old 17th December 2008, 13:41   #417
BHPian

I'm planning to drive down to Changnacherry on 20th of Dec from Bangalore , i want to know about the condition of the roads for the below mentioned routes.

Chalakudy-->Erankulam---> Alleppy---> Changanacherry
Chalakudy--->Perumbavoor--->Muvatupuzha---Kottyaam--->Changanecherry

Please let me know the condition and time taken for the above routes from chalakudy.

Also I planned to leave Bangalore by 4AM in the morning of 20th DEC , please let me know if there is decent and good place to have breakfast between Salem and coimbatore.

Thanks in advance
Sandeep
Old 17th December 2008, 13:51   #418
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Chalakudy-->Erankulam---> Alleppy---> Changanacherry
Sandeep
There are some stray potholes in the Aroor - Cherthala part. Other than that only a km or so of the Alleppey - Changanacherry route is a little rough.
Old 17th December 2008, 14:42   #419
BHPian

Hi Trrk ,

Could you also let me know what would the ideal time taken to cover both the routes ,

any idea about the route through muvattupuzha

Thanks
Old 18th December 2008, 00:54   #420
BHPian

Anyone tried Chamarajanagar -> Udigala -> Terakanambi -> Gundlupet ? Is it ok to take this road ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks