Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 15:01   #1456
Team-BHP Support

Re: Drive to Yellapur, Uttara Kanada from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanths View Post
@Ravi - Any recent experiences on Haveri - Sirsi stretch?
Check with Suhaas.
I think he took that route to goto Goa. some time late last year.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 15:01   #1457
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Goa - Route Advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajirm View Post
Hello Friends,

I am planning to visit Goa on the 1st July 2011. I am driving down from Bangalore with 2 of my friends, and this will be the first time I am going to Goa. Looking through several posts I figured that there are multiple routes to Goa, and got confused.

Could any of you please suggest a good route?. What I am looking for is:

1. Good roads without pot holes or construction where one can drive peacefully. ( I know that I am wishing for too much, but I am 40+ and look for these things)
2. Availability of decent rest rooms during the route as we have a lady passenger.
3. Route with lesser traffic.

I would like to rely on the wisdom of the BHP'ians who would have traveled these routes and would be the best people to suggest a safe way to reach Goa and back.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
Saji Menon
sajirm@gmail.com
Bangalore – Tumkur – Sira – Chitradurga – Davangere – Ranibennur – Haveri – Sirsi – Mirjan – Ankola – Karwar – Canacona – Palolem Beach - Madgaon – Panaji

is the best route which is very scenic and pretty good too. I had done this route in May 2010. Had great fun. Ofcourse, it will be little longer by 50KMS but it would be worth it as you can enjoy the coastal drive.
Old 8th July 2011, 22:31   #1458
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Goa - Route Advise

I travelled to Goa over the weekend of 3rd July with an overnight stay at Banana County, Yellapur. Travelled by below route. The roads were good throughout even after heavy monsoon rains

Bangalore – Tumkur – Chitradurga – Davangere – Ranibennur – Haveri – hubli – yellapur – Ankola – Karwar – Canacona – Palolem Beach - Madgaon – Varca

Bangalore -Yellapur : 7.5 hrs with lunch and tea break ( total 1.5 hrs)
Yellapur - Varca : 4.5 hrs ( with lunch break of 1 HR)
Old 9th July 2011, 11:54   #1459
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Sirsi - devimane ghat - mirjan route has few landslides but doable. This time less rain so expect breezy drive!

Ravi.
Old 17th July 2011, 07:50   #1460
BHPian

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Goa during the Aug14th long weekend (start from Bannerghatta Road on 13th early morning and return on 16th morning).

Need your help in the following:

1) Since we havent been to Goa before I thought we will spend 2 nights in North Goa (thinking of booking Dona Julia, 2 mins walk from Calangute beach) and 3rd night somewhere in South Goa. Is it a good idea (if the roads are good and the vistas are different and interesting) to go via NH4 and comeback via NH206? Does it help to plan the 3rd night in south goa if the above is a good idea? Pls give the route details+options for restaurants.

2) Any suggestions, latest updations regarding places to visit (we will have one evening and 2 full days) during this time of the year?

3) Any recommendations for stay in South Goa (after all the activities in North Goa, this should ideally be a nice peaceful place to relax with the family before the long drive back to Bangalore)

4) Latest updations for best places to have sea-food in Goa. Any recommendations on Goan Fenni (brand/shop).

Thank You very much

VW
Old 17th July 2011, 09:10   #1461
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

We are planning a trip to Goa during the Aug14th long weekend (start from Bannerghatta Road on 13th early morning and return on 16th morning).
You may want to check this thread for latest road conditions - see @Damu's superb updates from recent trip in June end - July first week

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-ankola-4.html

For stay options a good thread would be:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-timers-5.html

Also don't miss some of the super Goa travelogues in TBHP by @Damu and @Chevy_lover
You should have all the information (and more) from TBHP itself !
Hope this helps.
EDIT:I've been reading up on these recently since I too plan to visit Goa sometime in the near future

Last edited by NPV : 17th July 2011 at 09:11.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:11   #1462
BHPian

I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Goa via Jog Falls and Karwar in a single day. Can anybody suggest the best route (in terms of beauty and roads)? I have read that Bangalore - Hubli - Karwar is a good drive, but Jog Falls will not fall enroute... Please suggest the best route, keeping in mind that some of the Western Ghat areas are facing landslides
Old 18th July 2011, 17:42   #1463
Team-BHP Support

The best option:

Bangalore-Tumkur-Shimoga-Sagar-Jog. (NH4 and NH206 from Tumkur)
Jog-Honnavar-Ankola-Karwar

A 50km detour from Jog would be through Sirsi/Yellapur/Ankola.

Please check road conditions due to monsoon. I am not aware of the latest status.

Last edited by ampere : 18th July 2011 at 17:44.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 18:04   #1464
BHPian

Hi can anyone throw some light on the road conditions on Bangalore - Shimoga, Jog Falls-Karwar-Goa route, in light of recent torrential rains?
Old 19th July 2011, 13:32   #1465
BHPian

Hello,

We are planning for a road trip from Bangalore to Goa in last week of Sep for 4 days. Wanted to find the best route to take in terms of road condition as we are 4 adults and a infant driving ANHC. Can't risk bad roads/humps as car will be loaded with low ground clearance. Planning to start as early as 4AM and reach by 2/3PM. We've booked a place near calangute beach.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:57   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
Hello,

We are planning for a road trip from Bangalore to Goa in last week of Sep for 4 days. Wanted to find the best route to take in terms of road condition as we are 4 adults and a infant driving ANHC. Can't risk bad roads/humps as car will be loaded with low ground clearance. Planning to start as early as 4AM and reach by 2/3PM. We've booked a place near calangute beach.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Haque - I would recommend the NH4 (Blr-Hubli) - NH63 (Hubli-Ankola) - NH17 (Ankola-Panjim).

NH4 - is a superb highway, with only a couple of small unfinished stretches/diversions between Haveri and Hubli. I can't recollect any humps/speedbreakers on this stretch. Note that you need to take a bypass (on the left) to get onto NH63 after the last toll booth (on NH4) before Hubli. Tell the person manning the toll booth that you need to go to Karwar, and he will charge a smaller fee than what is normally charged for people continuing on NH4, towards Belgaum.

NH63 - is a beautiful two-lane un-divided highway. Excellent greenery on this stretch, very little traffic and excellent tarmac. Keep your eyes open though for a few unmarked humps. But then these speed breakers are not as scary as some that we see in the city. Another thing to watch out for would be for nutcases on the ghat stretch.

NH17 - Excellent tarmac (two lane, un-divided) and even more superlative views of the Arabian Sea in the vicinity of Karwar. Trafiic increases significantly on this stretch (when compared to NH63). The tarmac is a little broken in the vicinity of Karwar, but nothing alarming.

Have a good trip.
Arka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 11:34   #1467
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
NH4 - is a superb highway, with only a couple of small unfinished stretches/diversions between Haveri and Hubli. I can't recollect any humps/speedbreakers on this stretch.
There were two back-breaking, huge humps at Brahmasagara, between Chitradurga and Davangere. My Linea bottom-scraped there last November during my drive to Mumbai.
  (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 18:12   #1468
BHPian

Hi Haque,

I am planning a 3 nights Goa trip in mid Aug. Plan is to stay for the first 2 nights in action-filled North Goa and take rest in the calm south goa for one night before returning to Bangalore.

TBHPian Fauji suggested to take the NH-4 till Belgaum and take the Amboli ghats to reach North Goa and then return via Karwar-Shimoga. This way you cover two different, but great routes. But the asumption here is that the monsoon mahem in Amboli will subside by mid Aug.

Cheers

VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th August 2011, 02:04   #1469

Folks,

I need to go to Tiracol at the northern tip of Goa from Bangalore next week. Will be doing this in a Swift D.

I have come across suggestions from Fauji, etc that the
Belgaum - Sawantwadi - Amboli - Goa route is the better option for north Goa destinations.

Would you recommend this route at this time of the year / monsoons?

Please let me know if you have any other route suggestions. Thanks a ton.

Krishna

Old 7th August 2011, 08:47   #1470
Senior - BHPian

I second that, Take Blre-Belgaum-Sawantawadi-Goa. while coming come via Panaji-Karwar-Ankola-Mirjan-Devimane ghat-Sirsi. From here either take via siddapura-jog-shimoga-blre or come via haveri-chitradurga-blre which is faster route.

If you decide to come via long route ankola-yellapur-hubli-blre plan to visit magod falls 25km from nh63, 3 km before yellapur you need to turn right.

You will enjoy the scenary and can cover few places if you drive during day.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks