Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 02:16   #901

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Did the route recently in early Feb, and I want to thank you all for each and every input. Unmarked rumblers, potholes, bad Maha section and those damn slow trucks overtaking each other, I learned a trick to not judge who's gonna win but rather lift and coast until one of them has a good lead then accelerate and finish the overtake. What's with the inner lane on both sides that's been indented by truck tyres or something. I don't like it one bit and chose the outer most lane.

What's appreciable is almost all light vehicle drivers have been smart. Another annoying factor is some random auto anna in small towns and such zooming in without a care.

Another issue I faced that I started early morning from Pune and had to face Sun for most part of the trip. I guess good two hours can be chucked off if roads were good and those formula lorry championships weren't going, even road transport bus guys raced only to stop 5 mins after their 15 min slow overtake.

Another tip is don't heed to Google Maps whenever it suggests some deviation, it took me to worst possible road in Pune in the name of avoiding traffic.
Sunday-Driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 12:23   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks subuiyer. Much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Attachment 2409264

This is a route that I do regularly. Hyd to NIBM Road. I normally start at 4 and reach NIBM road by 11. The distance you can cover from 4 am to 7 or even 8 am is massive. Just make sure that you get enough sleep the night before. I enter Solapur - Pune Highway by 7.30 am.

Hotel Gujrat is normally my pitstop for breakfast on my way back from NIBM road. It all depends on how soon you want to reach your destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Did Hyderabad-Solapur last weekend. As expected, the Maharashtra section bags the award for possibly the worst road infrastructure! The road looks like it has asphalt but there are plenty of deep potholes and those alloy wheel bender wedges in Maha section. Please be careful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Travelled to Pune on 26th December 2022. The Omerga to Naldurg stretch is in the same state as usual. Naldurg to Solapur road is a little better but with lot of uneven surfaces and potholes. Was stopped by the cops for checking documents just before Naldurg.

Hello Team,

Thanks a lot for these inputs. I am on the way riding to Pune. Started at about 5am from HYD. Took adequate stops in between i.e approx once in 2hrs. Currently, taking a long break at Boramni for about 3 hrs.

The stretch after omerga is literally Hell. An unnoticed random bump launched the entire bike for more than a feet in air at the speed of 90kmph. My pillion weighing 70 kgs turned into projectile and landed on me.

If you love your vehicle, consider travelling this stretch at less than 60kmph and get loads of patience along to spend here. Rest, Everything has been fine. Eagerly waiting to reach destination.
2TR-FE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 20:05   #903
Team-BHP Support

I rode on my bike from Hyderabad to Pune on Friday and returned today (Monday).

From TSPA, I took the Gandipet-Shankarpally route to get to Sanga Reddy. This route is very good although there is some traffic in a few parts.

The road around Naldurg fort starts to deteriorate. Then becomes better after Solapur. From Indapur onwards lots of 2 inch cut carpets on the road. These are not an issue for cars, but can be deadly for a motorcyclist.

Pune traffic is extremely bad. I have no idea if there is anyone even bothered about it at the city level.

Lots and lots of food options on the highway.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 23:37   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Pune traffic is extremely bad. I have no idea if there is anyone even bothered about it at the city level.
Yep, we have a dedicated Pune traffic rants thread all about it.

T-BHP discusses, but the rest of the world is indifferent. We live with it.

Still learning that Pune is being described as better than other urban villages.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 14th March 2023, 17:40   #905
BANNED

Latest update:

9th March, left NIBM road at 5:30 AM dot, reached Pista House at Patancheru 1:30 PM dot. I am a sedate driver, with speed below 3 digit and on CC most of the time.The time includes a breakfast break and couple of nature break.

12th March, left Gachibowli at 10:30 AM and reached home at 7:30 PM. Similar driving condition with lunch break and evening Pune traffic.

Naldurga road is similarly narrow as always, but surface has improved marginally for car at least. Could maintain 30 - 40 KMPH in my Verna.
Surprisingly Verna 1.6 petrol averages 18 kmpl .
PetrolRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 00:49   #906
BHPian

Greetings Team.
I am planning a trip to Lonavala from Hyderabad on April 2nd..

Can members please suggest a best route to reach lonavala.
I'm planning to leave at 3 PM and take a break in Solapur for the night.

Is there a way to bypass Pune and also should I take the Pune Mumbai expressway or the alternate route as seen on maps.

Thanks in advance.
Drive Safe.
Old 19th March 2023, 01:59   #907
BHPian

There is NO way to pass by Pune (at least not an easy one). You will have to negotiate Pune traffic. The only time you can expect to drive smoothly through this is city is between 1am and 6am. Otherwise budget at least two-three hours from Loni Kalbhor on the eastern edge to the expressway to the west of Pune.

Also, a weekend evening rush hour is no fun at all in Pune traffic (or for that matter anywhere in an urban setting).

And yes, expressway is by far the best way for a car.
Old 19th March 2023, 17:37   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings Team.
I am planning a trip to Lonavala from Hyderabad on April 2nd..

Can members please suggest a best route to reach lonavala.
I'm planning to leave at 3 PM and take a break in Solapur for the night.

Is there a way to bypass Pune and also should I take the Pune Mumbai expressway or the alternate route as seen on maps.

Thanks in advance.
Drive Safe.
You can’t avoid the Pune traffic considering your time schedule. As per Google, it shows a route to enter the expressway after getting through Dehu road toll. You can avoid this toll and enter the expressway much quicker, have attached a screen shot of the route, else you would end up paying two tolls (old highway and expressway), if you stick to old highway and do not plan to enter expressway then you need to pay only one toll.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-8b6ba61cfe2a4cdba1a96a8bb26c99b8.jpeg  

rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:07   #909
Senior - BHPian

Travelled from Hyderabad to Pandharpur last weekend.
Hyderabad to Omerga four lane good surface throughout.

Turori to Jalkot All the towns enroute flyover construction is going on so have deviations from the highway.

Jalkot to Naldurg. Dual lane highway no potholes four lane work is happening.

Naldurg to Mohol Four laned have to take the Solapur bypass.

Mohol to Pandharpur This stretch four lane work is almost complete. 4 to 5 overbridge construction going on with deviations.
On the whole driving conditions is getting better.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 20:11   #910
BHPian

Greetings,

Made the trip to Lonavala as scheduled on 1st April in our S-Cross.

We Started at 2:10 PM from Warangal and Halted for the Night at Basavakalyan at 7:30 PM to avoid deviations and bad roads between Omerga and Naldurg.

Resumed the journey at 5:15 AM and took the Hadapsar - Katraj Road at 11:40 AM and reached Mapro Garden, Lonavala via the Express way at 2 PM.

Enjoyed the famous Strawberry - cream and reached the resort at Tung by 4 PM where we stayed for next 4 days.

The return was uneventful.
Started from the resort at 7:15 AM on 5th morning and reached home in Hyderabad at 9.10 PM with breakfast, lunch and dinner breaks totalling about 2 hours and drive time of 12 hours.

The best mileage I got was 24.2 Kmpl.

Overall the roads are good except the uneven tarmac between Solapur and Omerga. Few speed breakers and deviations are encountered between these places.

Drive Safe.

Last edited by matchvan : 7th April 2023 at 20:13.
matchvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 09:19   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hi All
We are planning a trip from Hyderabad to Ahmednagar. Any pointers on the best possible route? Of the Hyderabad-Sholapur-Daund-Ahmednagar and Hyderabad-Sholapur-Osmanabad-Ahmednagar, which one is better?

Thanks!
Hi. Sorry, saw your post very late. Maybe you have already completed your journey.

Daund Ahmednagar road is in good condition. It is a concrete road; has been newly built. Except for a railway level crossing, there is no blockage anywhere. I will recommend you to take this road. This will be far better than going via Osmanabad.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 19th April 2023 at 09:20.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 11:37   #912
Senior - BHPian

Bhpians, what is the current road condition between Pune and Hyderabad, especially near Naldurg fort? Also, can anyone suggest a good option to stay for the night at Solapur, preferably near to the highway with decent parking space.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 25th May 2023 at 11:40.
Old 28th May 2023, 09:47   #913
BHPian

Drove from Hyderabad to Pune on 26th May 2023. Although the diversions between Omerga and Naldurg are still there, they have been surfaced. There were few unsurfaced patches back in December 2022. Was not stopped for checking anywhere. Heavy vehicles hogging both lanes continues to be a pain.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 13:16   #914
Senior - BHPian

I travelled from Akkalkot to Pune and used the NH65 to reach Pune in 4 hrs for a distance of 295 kms. The 4 laned road is smooth and fast all through out till the outskirts of Pune after which it becomes a city road with 2 & 3 wheelers hogging the lanes and driving slow on the fast lane which starts from Urli kanchan all the way till Hadapsar. City driving in Pune is frustrating with nobody following the lanes.

The only pain is the heavy vehicle movement in the fast lane and abruptly changing lanes without indicators.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 10:11   #915

Travelled Pune Hyderabad on 26-May and back on 27-May. As most have commented Road Pune - Solapur is fantastic. While travelling from Pune to Hyd road after Solapur did not seem that bad, ofcourse the diversions and speed breaker are there to keep you alert .

Once in Telangana, road is fantastic.

On way back on 27-May. Took at slight detour for Bidar Fort. Good sight to visit, road is a pleasure. Feel ashamed to see state of Maharashtra roads when I consider the roads in this small town of Bidar.

Road condition gives you an indicator that you have entered Maharashtra. After the smooth road driving on the poor road quality till near Solapur is very apparent, though no major potholes. There are diversion, road uneven etc, but good thing is work in progress so hopefully in a years time things should be better.

Had food at Hotel Sunil (After crossing Solapur when returning from Hyd) - Wonderful food (Thanks BHPians for the recommendation).

Post Solapur drive is steady, ofcourse there are the heavy truck and once you are near Pune, you hit the notorious Pune Traffic.

All in all a wonderful drive.
StreetRider is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks