Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 15:59   #856
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
So looks like it might be an issue on my return trip back to Hyderabad. I am based in Hyderabad and car has AP registration.
Yup. I'd recommend travelling with it on the way back.
thechinmay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:05   #857
BHPian

Drove from Hyderabad to Pune yesterday. Was only stopped at KA-MH border. The folks just asked from where I came from (Hyderabad) and where I was going (Pune). They just let me pass without checking any documents. Will post update regarding my return journey next week.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 19:52   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Will post update regarding my return journey next week.
Drove back from Pune to Hyderabad today. Was stopped only near Indapur, MH. Only license and vehicle documents were checked. There were no checks at MH-KA or KA-TS border.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:36   #859
BHPian

My family and I (all adults, fully vaccinated) traveled to Pune on 1st Dec. Started from Secunderabad at 5.00 am and checked in to our hotel in Hinjewadi around 3 pm.

We weren't stopped anywhere for any checks. Only the hotel asked for vaccination certificates while checking in.

The bad stretch before Solapur is still bad, but much better than it was in 2017.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 22:09   #860
BHPian

Drove back to Hyderabad from Mahabaleshwar today. We were stopped just after Dhaktiwadi Toll Plaza and were asked to present our vaccination certificates.

We were asked where we were coming from & where we were going and that's it, we were asked to proceed. I think the authorities may have been conducting covid test for some people (a tent was setup where a couple of people in plain clothes were looking at vaccination certificates and had a couple of ice boxes with them).

We weren't stopped anywhere else.

Both the properties we stayed at (Taj Vivanta Hinjewadi & Club Mahindra Mahabaleshwar) asked for our vaccination certificates while checking in.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 10:41   #861
Senior - BHPian

Made a Pune - Hyderabad - Pune trip on 19 - 21 Nov.

Travel time 8 hours driving plus 1.5 hours breaks for meals / tea. Total 9.5 hours from Pune to Patancheru. Never exceeded 80 KMPH speed.

Noticed police checking at most toll plazas in MH. Also saw 3 check points in Telangana. I was stopped at one check point. Showed them the insurance and PUC, they immediately requested me to proceed.

Always carry a valid PUC, insurance (at least the third party insurance), driving licence and the RC on all journeys, especially the interstate ones. I have noticed police checking on each and every Hyderabad trip.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 07:51   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Made a Pune - Hyderabad - Pune trip on 19 - 21 Nov.

Travel time 8 hours driving plus 1.5 hours breaks for meals / tea. Total 9.5 hours from Pune to Patancheru. Never exceeded 80 KMPH speed.

Noticed police checking at most toll plazas in MH. Also saw 3 check points in Telangana. I was stopped at one check point. Showed them the insurance and PUC, they immediately requested me to proceed.

Always carry a valid PUC, insurance (at least the third party insurance), driving licence and the RC on all journeys, especially the interstate ones. I have noticed police checking on each and every Hyderabad trip.
Sir, what are the Covid RTPCR requirements to enter MH ?
Old 14th December 2021, 22:25   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Sir, what are the Covid RTPCR requirements to enter MH ?
I think that the vaccination certificate (both doses) is sufficient as of now. You need to monitor the changes in the requirements from time to time.
Old 27th January 2022, 12:09   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hyderabad - Pune on Sunday.
Maintained speeds strictly within 80 kmph. But I could cruise at a steady speed of 80 for most of the time. Again, reaching Pune after midnight helped to save some traffic time after Patas. Was stopped once after crossing Sangareddy for checking PUC and insurance. Otherwise no checks, no stopping anywhere.
Are there speed interceptor on Hyd-Pune route? if yes, what are the most probable locations.
Old 27th January 2022, 12:57   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Are there speed interceptor on Hyd-Pune route? if yes, what are the most probable locations.
Generally, the police vans are waiting between Indapur and Omerga. Once I have seen a van at Sastapur (near Basavkalyan) immediately after Hotel Gujarat, towards Hyderabad. It was at the end of downhill slope.

The vans also sometimes wait in the areas where internet isn't working properly. They stop the vehicles and check the documents. So do carry hard copies of your RC, DL, Insurance and PUC, all valid on the date of travel. Toll booths is another place where the cops stop the cars to check the documents.

Also make sure that the front two passangers wear the seat belt all the time and everyone carries their vaccination certificate. Especially after a halt for food / tea, people forget to wear seat belts again.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 12:43   #866
BANNED

I am planning to cover Pune to Hyderabad next week. Since, this could be my first trip after Covid (last travel to Hyderabad in 2019) I would really appreciate any recent development on routes and roads.
  • I will be driving and along with my 8 year old, should we need any RT-PCR at MH-KA border still?
  • Any improvement in road condition at NalDurga area?
  • Should I take Omerga by-pass (in 2019 it was still under construction)
  • Good eating joint with bio break options between Omerga and Sangareddy?
We are planning to leave Poona by 6 in the morning and my estimation states, we could hit Hyderabad around 4 PM with a sedate driving with multiple breaks. Hence, would need a place for our lunch somewhere between Humnabad and Zahirabad may be?
Old 17th April 2022, 17:18   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am planning to cover Pune to Hyderabad next week. Since, this could be my first trip after Covid (last travel to Hyderabad in 2019) I would really appreciate any recent development on routes and roads.
  • I will be driving and along with my 8 year old, should we need any RT-PCR at MH-KA border still?
  • Any improvement in road condition at NalDurga area?
  • Should I take Omerga by-pass (in 2019 it was still under construction)
  • Good eating joint with bio break options between Omerga and Sangareddy?
We are planning to leave Poona by 6 in the morning and my estimation states, we could hit Hyderabad around 4 PM with a sedate driving with multiple breaks. Hence, would need a place for our lunch somewhere between Humnabad and Zahirabad may be?
Hey, no RT-PCR is required. Please take the Omerga by-pass to avoid traffic in Omerga. The road condition just before entering Naldurg is not so great. But road work is going on at great pace. Same is the case after passing the ghat section as well.
Overall, you will see a drastic improvement in road conditions as compared to 2019. Please expect some minor (recarpetting) roadwork enroute.
Hotel Gujarat, right after entering Karnataka is a good option for lunch stop.
If this is too early, there is a new food court (Pyramid food court) that has opened up right after the last toll booth (Kamkole).

P.S: Try to fill up while you are in KA. Fuel is almost 8-10% cheaper!
nish6474 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 15:14   #868
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am planning to cover Pune to Hyderabad next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
Hey, no RT-PCR is required.
If this is too early, there is a new food court (Pyramid food court) that has opened up right after the last toll booth (Kamkole).

P.S: Try to fill up while you are in KA. Fuel is almost 8-10% cheaper!
Thank you for the valuable inputs nish6474. Left Undri in Pune at 5:40 AM and reached hotel in Financial district around 2:30 PM with couple of bio, breakfast and lunch breaks. Road is overall very good except the areas mentioned by nish6474.
Food availability still not that great yet, we carried our own breakfast and lunch for road.
Petrol thirsty Verna returned 18+ for shell regular petrol with full A/C throughout, I am not complaining about the premium charged by shell.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 17:21   #869
BHPian

Just completed a Pune - Hyderabad-Pune trip over yesterday and today. Started at 3:45 am Saturday and reached Hyderabad by 12 pm. Similarly started at 3:30 am today morning and reached Pune at 12:45 pm.

Road conditions are great except for the section between Omerga and Naldurg. However the last 50 km in both directions are a pain due to city traffic.

Got stopped once by the cops today who was more bothered about the PUC than covid certificate or a mask.

Took a quick 10 min chai break once in each direction, so not much idea about food etc.
three10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 14:29   #870
BHPian

Dear all
need to take a trip to HYD from Pune, any news on the road conditions given the rains in past few weeks?
TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks