Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 23:39   #706
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetp View Post
A quick update from my brother who traveled this route today - No overflowing water bodies on this route. 10 km stretch around Naldurg is very bad full of mud. Solapur-Umerga stretch took 2.5 hours.
Thanks for the update Abhijeet!

Oh dear thats scary, what car does your brother drive? I wonder if my low slung Jetta will be there for ages, or worst get stuck!!! What was his complete travel time from Hyd to Pune, including and excluding breaks?

I am assuming he took the Zaheerabad route?
Old 13th August 2019, 11:50   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post

Oh dear thats scary, what car does your brother drive? I wonder if my low slung Jetta will be there for ages, or worst get stuck!!! What was his complete travel time from Hyd to Pune, including and excluding breaks?

I keep traveling to Mumbai once every 3 months. I dropped my plan to travel during this week. The stretch near Solapur is not good even during the better part of the year. If your car has low ground clearance, expect your travel time to increase along with plenty of under body scraping. Sometimes we cannot judge the depth of the pothole due to mud, we might damage the running board of sedans (esp longer ones). Hatchbacks / SUV is best for this route during rains. I have never traveled with my kids as you wont find good restaurants. If you still plan to drive during the rains, try to get hold of self-drive SUV from Pune or come by Shatabdi/ Volvo and hire a car locally in Hyderabad. The driving style inside Hyderabad city is quite different than Mumbai. I took a while to adjust and if it rains there will be water logging and huge traffic jams during peak times. If you are just visiting Hyd for 2-3 days, better to hire a cab locally

Last edited by rahulskumar : 13th August 2019 at 11:58.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 11:29   #708
BHPian

Hi Team,

We need to reach Solapur on 20th Noon from Pune to catch a train which was to start from Mumbai but due to flooding is now starting from Solapur and with current situation I am not sure what is the best way to go about it. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
A
Old 17th August 2019, 18:26   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Team,

We need to reach Solapur on 20th Noon from Pune to catch a train which was to start from Mumbai but due to flooding is now starting from Solapur and with current situation I am not sure what is the best way to go about it. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
A
Pune - Solapur section isn't affected by rains. You can catch some connecting train from Pune or take Shivneri or Shivshahi bus from Swargate.
Old 19th August 2019, 11:09   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post

Sorry for the late reply. Not sure if its of any help now. He drove an ertiga and was travelling with a 1 year old kid and took him 11.5 hrs (kukatpally to kothrud) with couple of breaks. Return journey started at 10:30 AM and reached 10:00 PM. He toko zaheerabad route for both journeys. I still think Zaheerabad is better route than taking Gulbarga route.
Old 19th August 2019, 11:53   #711
BANNED

Back from Pune - Hyderabad - Pune drive with my 5th gen Verna. Here is the update:

Road condition from Pune to Solapur is excellent. it took me 3 hr 30 min including a 30 min break at the new "BP Ghar" just before Bhigwan (recommended for break). Please note, I don't prefer to drive in triple digit at all and most of my drive was in the 90s with CC engaged.

Solapur to Naldurg has good road and only couple of diversions and that's too no more than a km each.

At Naldurg, entire town road is broken with some 8-10 km of bad road. But nothing scary and not at a single point would it endanger Verna's under belly. Only issue, one has to keep the speed in the range of 20-30 and in case there is a slow moving truck in front of you, you would be further delayed.

Naldurg till Maharashtra border has 2 diversions of one km each, again good road on diverted part. Umerga bypass worked like a charm, please take it.

Once you cross MH border, roads are like in a dream. It took me 5 and 1/2 hr from Solapur till Banjara hills including a 40 min break at BP ghar (again recommended) near border of Telengana and Karnataka and full Hyderabad day traffic.

While returning, got stuck with crazy Pune traffic, it took me 2 hours from Loni to Kharadi.

Please note, there is non-existent and confusing signs at the diversions, better to avoid night driving.

Toll booths inside Maharashtra are like fish market. People got down from their cars and engaged in brief feast fighting with toll security guards near Solapur toll gate demanding passage of non-fastag vehicle in fastag lane. Interesting point though, other lanes have hardily 4-5 vehicles in queue. Thankfully, security personnel stood their ground, but wasted 10 min of my time. Similar issue with the toll gate near to Bhigwan dam, wasted 20 min.

With Shell normal petrol, Verna returned 17.4 KMPL for the highway part. With BP coco normal petrol, got 15.6 KMPL. Not to mention, fell in love with the old but extremely energetic and efficient 1.6 NA workhorse under the hood.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 19th August 2019 at 11:55.
PetrolRider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 18:53   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Back from Pune - Hyderabad - Pune drive with my 5th gen Verna. Here is the update:

Road condition from Pune to Solapur is excellent. it took me 3 hr 30 min including a 30 min break at the new "BP Ghar" just before Bhigwan (recommended for break). Please note, I don't prefer to drive in triple digit at all and most of my drive was in the 90s with CC engaged.

Solapur to Naldurg has good road and only couple of diversions and that's too no more than a km each.

At Naldurg, entire town road is broken with some 8-10 km of bad road. But nothing scary and not at a single point would it endanger Verna's under belly. Only issue, one has to keep the speed in the range of 20-30 and in case there is a slow moving truck in front of you, you would be further delayed.

Naldurg till Maharashtra border has 2 diversions of one km each, again good road on diverted part. Umerga bypass worked like a charm, please take it.

Once you cross MH border, roads are like in a dream. It took me 5 and 1/2 hr from Solapur till Banjara hills including a 40 min break at BP ghar (again recommended) near border of Telengana and Karnataka and full Hyderabad day traff
Thanks for the update. I am traveling tomorrow morning 4am from Pune (Hinjewadi) to Hitech city. Will update.

Whats BP ghar?
Old 31st August 2019, 22:50   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks for the update. I am traveling tomorrow morning 4am from Pune (Hinjewadi) to Hitech city. Will update.

Whats BP ghar?
The food court attached to some Bharat Petroleum bunks are called 'BP Ghar Dhaba'. There are a couple on the Hyd Blr highway as well.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:38   #714
BHPian

I did Pune to Hyderabad and back in second week of August. My ride was Tiago diesel. Monsoons were at peak throughout western ghats. I prefer to ride in dark, hence started around 3:30 a.m. It was an adhoc trip with no plans in place.

Pune to Solapur is excellent road. There are good views around. Cipla factory in kurkumbh looks alluring in dark. Same goes for Bhima river, Ujani reservoir that goes endlessly upto Indapur dam. Do wait and watch sunrise over there. I reached Solapur around 7 a.m. and headed towards Naldurg. This section is under construction with lots of diversions around. There are newly laid bridges. You need to slow down at umpteen places and pass as if you're going over speed breakers.

Worst part comes just 8-10 kms before Naldurg during a steep incline. This is non-existent muddy unsurfaced road. My shining car got slushed by buses, trucks, Mahindras all around. I was very much afraid of either being hit under chassis or getting stuck doing off-roading. It was horrible 10-15 min experience and I prayed to have this passed asap.

Thereafter diversions again started which continued upto Omerga. I remember it was around 9 a.m. when I crossed Omerga. Omerga has a bypass.

Enter Karnataka and the road is all good upto Hyderabad ORR. An under construction overbridge just 30-40 kms before Hyderabad may play the spoilsport. I reached Gachibowli around 12:30 p.m.

On return, I started from Gachibowli around 11:30 p.m. Took Patancheru exit from ORR. However, that bad horrible section was beeping in my subconscious mind and I was looking out for an alternative, no matter how long it could be. Took dinner halt at some restaurant where a bus driver guided to take left from Omerga towards Aland and continue on Gulbarg – Solapur route via akkalkot.

I took his advice. Route from Omerga to Aland is a well laid, 2 lane, but kind of a lonely road with jungles around.

Aland to Akkalkot is a good smooth 2 lane road. Extra toll of 45 rupees is applicable.

At Akkalkot road widening works are going on. Because it was night there was no dense traffic except trucks coming from opposite direction. I was driving mostly on the wrong side as the other one was closed for construction.

By morning 5:30 I reached Solapur and bypassed within 5-10 mins. No issues thereafter.

Those on hatchbacks, I suggest avoid Solapur – Naldurg – Omerga route and take Akkalkot – Aland – Omerga all the way upto Hyderabad. Rest on SUVs may take standard route. In both cases, time taken is same.

Cheers!

Last edited by OneToughRider : 3rd September 2019 at 16:50. Reason: typo
OneToughRider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 20:27   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The food court attached to some Bharat Petroleum bunks are called 'BP Ghar Dhaba'. There are a couple on the Hyd Blr highway as well.
I did this route last weekend and again tomorrow i am leaving. This time Pune Hyderabad Pune in one day. I couldn't find any good place to eat on way. Can you post exact location of those dhaba please?
Old 7th September 2019, 20:42   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did this route last weekend and again tomorrow i am leaving. This time Pune Hyderabad Pune in one day. I couldn't find any good place to eat on way. Can you post exact location of those dhaba please?
Sorry, it has been a few years since I last traveled on the Hyd Pune highway, therefore I am not sure now. Other travelers may respond to you.
Old 7th September 2019, 20:50   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are taking Aland - Gulbarga - Pargi route, then you have to relay on packaged food like chips, peanuts etc. besides the tea / coffee and biscuits. If you are travelling in the daytime, you can get some fruits too. So, of possible, carry own food for this leg (Solapur - Hyderabad).
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 21:30   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
If you are taking Aland - Gulbarga - Pargi route, then you have to relay on packaged food like chips, peanuts etc. besides the tea / coffee and biscuits. If you are travelling in the daytime, you can get some fruits too. So, of possible, carry own food for this leg (Solapur - Hyderabad).
Leaving tonight at 3am, had vada pav at one of the tolls. Basic it was. Just to keep going. Miss Punjab highways.
Old 17th September 2019, 09:25   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi.
We used our car to go to Ramoji Film City. But to roam around within Hyderabad, we used autorickshaw / cab.
How you travel inside the Ramoji Film City, by your car or film city vehicle? Can I take my car? How about the parking in main entrance and inside the film city?
Sukanta73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 09:28   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
How you travel inside the Ramoji Film City, by your car or film city vehicle? Can I take my car? How about the parking in main entrance and inside the film city?
When I went to Ramoji Film City years ago, you had to park your car outside and then use the open buses within or else walk, within the premises.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks