Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2018, 19:37   #676
BHPian

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hyderabad to Pune as of 12 October 2018.

I split the route into 4 sections for ease. Please check the pics below.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1539611441.701355.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1539611462.994557.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1539611486.330837.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1539611505.014708.jpg

Wanted to end the speculation and discussions around the 100km stretch beteeen KA MH border and Sholapur, so here is the exact % of how the road conditions are on this stretch. However as mentioned in the comments good road on this stretch is not all together so we cannot do speeds and we encounter constant diversions and bad roads in between, the stretch would take between 2-2.5 hrs.

Also the picture shows that it is 68% complete and so there is some progress made over the long time.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1539612376.842132.jpg

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 15th October 2018 at 20:05.
pdma is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 20:12   #677
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

Wanted to end the speculation and discussions around the 100km stretch beteeen KA MH border and Sholapur, so here is the exact % of how the road conditions are on this stretch.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Excellent feedback. Now that monsoon is over, repair works on the 32 odd Kms could be taken up faster, except for flyovers, which are known to take months.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 13:32   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hyderabad to Pune as of 12 October 2018.

I split the route into 4 sections for ease. Please check the pics below.

Attachment 1808206

Attachment 1808207

Attachment 1808208

Attachment 1808209

Wanted to end the speculation and discussions around the 100km stretch beteeen KA MH border and Sholapur, so here is the exact % of how the road conditions are on this stretch. However as mentioned in the comments good road on this stretch is not all together so we cannot do speeds and we encounter constant diversions and bad roads in between, the stretch would take between 2-2.5 hrs.

Also the picture shows that it is 68% complete and so there is some progress made over the long time.

Attachment 1808212

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Thanks Pradeep for putting up this brilliant breakdown.Will really help others using this stretch.

Just as a matter of interest,my initial hope or prediction,however you may want to term it, was that this entire MYP-Solapur stretch of approx 280kms would be 4 laned or atleast made motorable, by the time my daughter becomes driving-elgible at 18yrs. This hope/prediction was made when she first travelled this route in 2008 when she was abt a few months old,she is now 10yrs,so its all on track. Round about 10years to reach 60% motorable condition,so another 5-6yrs for the next 40%(with a possible 2 new terms of a central govt and a 1 new state govt term) is a realistic target I guess.
Old 18th October 2018, 11:36   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

Just as a matter of interest,my initial hope or prediction,however you may want to term it, was that this entire MYP-Solapur stretch of approx 280kms would be 4 laned or atleast made motorable, by the time my daughter becomes driving-elgible at 18yrs. This hope/prediction was made when she first travelled this route in 2008 when she was abt a few months old,she is now 10yrs,so its all on track..

🙂, yes 2025 -26 looks realistic with all the flyovers getting completed. 18 years for 300km and this thread has all the history associated with it.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Old 3rd November 2018, 18:40   #680
BHPian

I did Hyderabad to Pune today. Started at 6:20 am from Nallagandla Hyderabad and reached Fatima Nagar, Pune at 3:00 pm with a break of 25 mins at Sunil (After Solapur). The road conditions are definitely much better than last year. The much maligned route post Telangana upto Solapur is much improved with very few tolerable bad patches in between. A reminder to keep your RC,DL,PUC and Insurance handy.
dpkbehera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 08:42   #681
BHPian

Any recommendations for Breakfast and Lunch pit stops between Pune and Hyderabad. Google recommended Vitthal Kamat and Kanchan veg for Breakfast at Yavat and Nisarg for Lunch at Solapur.
Old 8th November 2018, 01:02   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Any recommendations for Breakfast and Lunch pit stops between Pune and Hyderabad. Google recommended Vitthal Kamat and Kanchan veg for Breakfast at Yavat and Nisarg for Lunch at Solapur.
Vittal Kamat for breakfast is decent option. Apart from Nisarg, few more options before you cross Solapur on the left side of the Highway (while driving towards Hyderabad). Unable to recollect restaurant names right now.

Been 6 years on this route, but never found anything great between Solapur - Zaheerabad. Zaheerabad good for tea break before you hit Hyderabad.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 06:36   #683
BHPian

Between Solapur to Zaheerabad the only decent option we found was "Hotel Gujarat", some 20kms after the 4 lanes smooth tarmac starts within Karnataka, close to Basava Kalyan town. It has a Big HP Gas station attached to it.
Old 12th November 2018, 20:59   #684
BHPian

Btw Solapur and Hyderabad I had lunch at Natkar restaurant today was quite good , it's just after entering Karnataka

Natkar Hotel

Mumbai Hwy, Halli, Karnataka 585437 https://g.co/kgs/pCrRsy
Old 28th December 2018, 19:30   #685
OmV
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I am riding from Mumbai to Hyderabad on 30Dec18 and returning to Mumbai on 02Jan19. Any new updates on the route?
OmV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 09:31   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
Hello Folks,

I am riding from Mumbai to Hyderabad on 30Dec18 and returning to Mumbai on 02Jan19. Any new updates on the route?
Did travel on 22nd Dec to HYD, 4 lane work in progress between Naldurg & Omerga, time taken is still between 60 - 75 mins from Naldurg to Karnataka border.
Old 2nd January 2019, 18:34   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
Hello Folks,

You would have already completed most of the travel by now, but here is an update nevertheless:

4-laning work in progress from Solapur to Omerga, watch out for diversions and vehicles ignoring the diversion signs! Some of the patches at the diversions are in pretty bad shape, so you have to crawl. Fortunately, the traffic density was less, else there would be queues and chaos.

Also watch out for some nasty speed breakers around Indapur.

Time taken (excluding breaks)

Onward journey:

Pune - Solapur: 3.5 hours
Solapur - Omerga: 2-2.5 hours
Omerga - Hyderabad: 3 hours

Return journey:

Hyderabad - Omerga: 3 hours
Omerga - Solapur: 2.5 hours
Solapur - Pune: 4.5 hours (I reached home at 5:30pm)
Old 31st January 2019, 12:34   #688
BHPian

Hi - I am riding from Hyderabad to Pune tomorrow with family. We plan to start at 6.30 am. So I am looking at breakfast places about 2 hrs out (around Zaheerabad). Any recommendations. There does not seem to be any prominent place with good washrooms.

For lunch I am thinking I will break right after Solapur (Kamath). I tried to look through the thread but didnt find any good options.
adabass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 14:07   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabass View Post
Hi - I am riding from Hyderabad to Pune tomorrow with family. We plan to start at 6.30 am. So I am looking at breakfast places about 2 hrs out (around Zaheerabad). Any recommendations. There does not seem to be any prominent place with good washrooms.
Around Zaheerabad, the only option I had was Hotel Mahindra Paradise. We had our breakfast at that place while we were travelling from Pune and then did a night halt while returning. The facilities are good and they also have a good hotel right at the backside. All long distance buses (like Orange) stops here.

But, do not expect anything before 10 AM.

Please do share your observations post visit.
Old 4th February 2019, 21:52   #690
BHPian

I did take the option of Mahindra paradise.. it was open at 8 am when we reached there...food was average.. washrooms were not clean.. didnt find any other option while driving too.. guess will have to live with that..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks