Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 13:07   #661
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Google maps shows this is the fastest route and this stretch was horribly under construction when i went around 2 years back, Has the road conditions improved? Need to travel down next week.

Much improved now. The 100km stretch from Sholapur to MH/KA Border is still not good, but doable in 2 hrs, Rest all roads are complete and toll roads now.
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 22:19   #662
BHPian

Hyderabad - Pune - 14April 2018.

Start Time: 5 AM from Miyapur
Areical Time : 130 PM Viman Nagar
Break : 45 min (3 - 15 min breaks)
Total Time : 8hr 30 min (inclusive breaks)

Route : Miyapur-Zaheerbad- Basavakalyan- Omerga- Sholapur- Pune.

Miyapur - Basavakalyan - 2hrs 15 min - Toll Road.

Basavakalyan - Sholapur - 2 hrs 15 min -Approximately 100km stretch.

Very good improvement compared to last visit in Dec 2017. Bad roads in patches for approximately 50km. Rest of the 50km is good with diversions.

Sholapur - Pune - 3hr 30 min - Toll Road.

Toll charges and speed breakers Information in pictures attached, below.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1524674743.487970.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1524674811.574112.jpg

Cheers,
Pradeep.
pdma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 11:43   #663
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys, Anyone used the , Solapur - Omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad route recently?

Google maps shows this is the fastest route and this stretch was horribly under construction when i went around 2 years back, Has the road conditions improved? Need to travel down next week.
Just finished the one way from Pune to Hyderabad. Via naldurg, omerga.
The section from Solapur to omerga and bit further is all work ongoing.
As many have said there is work going on to convert to 4 lanes. Took me less than 2 hours 15 mins. There was quite a lot of traffic in omerga and naldurg towns .
Pune -Solapur and section post the works to Hyderabad is great.
It took us close to 8 hours to reach outskirts of Hyderabad. ( The outer ring road junction.)
jayakumarkp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 08:24   #664
BHPian

Completed Hyderabad (Gachibowli) to Pune (Wakad) and back over the weekend.

- Took about 9 hours door-to-door with a 6 am start from Hyderabad (with break time of about 40 mins)
- About 9 hours 30 mins door-to-door with 1030 am start from Pune (with break time of 30 mins) thanks to some heavy traffic and the toll booth closest to Hyd being jammed - took nearly 20 mins at that toll
- Very poor adherence of Fastag lane esp in Maharashtra
- Since its election time in Karnataka, strict checking by police at entry points into the state for cash being carried in the car - glove compartments, boot, luggage check. Police were polite - so, no hassles

As we know, the entire road is 4-laned other than the 100 km stretch between Maha border and Solapur. Road conditions there :
- About 15 kms of the 100 is 4-laned now (without toll)
- About 35 kms has 2 lanes perfectly laid and open for traffic
- The rest has significant work underway
- Towns of Omerga and Naldurg take 10-15 mins to pass through, due to heavy traffic depending on time of day. These towns are likely to be by-passed by the new highway
- No major potholes except for some small parts where flyovers are being constructed
- Lots of diversions - lane changes actually - there are hardly any off-road diversions ; some with deep excavation close by if you slip off the road ; not advisable for night driving

One can reach Hadapsar in about 7 hr 45 mins hours or less ; Bad traffic from Uruli Kanchan onwards

Last edited by RoadTiger : 7th May 2018 at 08:28.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 14:23   #665
BHPian

Guys, I will be doing Hyderabad-Lonavala in the 2nd week of June over the weekend. The idea is to start at around 1630-1700 hrs from Hi-Tech city on Friday, reach Sholapur by midnight and break for the night. Start the next morning by 0600 and reach Lonavala by 1300 hours. We are 4 adults and a toddler travelling in a Figo with enough luggage for a weekend. The return stretch will be done on the next Monday and hoping to do it in 1 day (start early and reach by afternoon).
I have a couple of queries for the regulars and for those who have done this recently:
a) Are there any places where there could be chance of the car bottoming out considering the load?
b) Between Hyderabad and Sholapur, are there any decent eateries where we can stop for dinner. Ideally the baby needs dinner by 9:30-10:00 so that puts me (optimistically) at a 150-(175?) kms distance from Sholapur. I normally drive sedately on new tracks and this is the first time I will be doing this route.
c) Pune-Lonavala road conditions and approximate driving time(so that I can decide whether to plan a quick get together with a couple of old friends in Pune).
Old 29th May 2018, 02:19   #666
BHPian

[quote=revvenant;4403288]Guys, I will be doing Hyderabad-Lonavala in the 2nd week of June over the weekend. The idea is to start at around 1630-a) Are there any places where there could be chance of the car bottoming out considering the load?

Be careful to reduce speeds once you cross into MH roads. there are still few pot holes, rough patches, under construction stretches. Hyderabad solpaur section is much better now till you cross Karnataka into Maharasthra.

b) Nothing great in terms of eateries before Sholapur, except the BPCL ghar eatery near zaheerabad and a few eateries after zaheerabad. I carry my packed food and stop over at one of the restaurants on this stretch to finish lunch / dinner. Sholpaur pune section has quite a few restaurant options.

c) Pune-Lonavala road conditions and approximate driving time> The Mumbai Pune expressway is a bliss. June 2nd week is monsoon arrival time. Check google maps for any major jams on Mumbai expressway. If google maps shows any major jams on the pune lonavla stretch, take the old pune Mumbai highway which is an alternate route. Pune Lonavla is not more than 75-90 minutes once you manage to hit the Pune Mumbai road.

Have a safe trip.
Old 24th July 2018, 20:43   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Guys, I will be doing Hyderabad-Lonavala in the 2nd week of June over the weekend. The idea is to start at around 1630-1700 hrs from Hi-Tech city on Friday, reach Sholapur by midnight and break for the night. Start the next morning by 0600 and reach Lonavala by 1300 hours. We are 4 adults and a toddler travelling in a Figo with enough luggage for a weekend. The return stretch will be done on the next Monday and hoping to do it in 1 day (start early and reach by afternoon).
I have a couple of queries for the regulars and for those who have done this recently:
a) Are there any places where there could be chance of the car bottoming out considering the load?
b) Between Hyderabad and Sholapur, are there any decent eateries where we can stop for dinner. Ideally the baby needs dinner by 9:30-10:00 so that puts me (optimistically) at a 150-(175?) kms distance from Sholapur. I normally drive sedately on new tracks and this is the first time I will be doing this route.
c) Pune-Lonavala road conditions and approximate driving time(so that I can decide whether to plan a quick get together with a couple of old friends in Pune).
How was your experience during the drive? We are also planning for a road trip from Hyderabad to Pune in August. We too have a kid with us so any pointers will be very helpful
Old 24th July 2018, 21:00   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
How was your experience during the drive? We are also planning for a road trip from Hyderabad to Pune in August. We too have a kid with us so any pointers will be very helpful
Check out Hyderabad Shirdi thread. That thread includes updates on the Hyderabad Solapur stretch. Mobike008 did it recently.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:16   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. The drive till Karnataka border is absolutely a pleasure. From Karnataka border to Sholapur it's really bad with lots of diversions, potholes and under construction stretches.
Sholapur to Pune is an amazing road again.

Took us a total of 10.5 hours to reach Pune including a Dinner break of 45 minutes and a couple of 15 minute breaks for tea and bio. If driving at night, be extremely careful in the above stretch because there are many unmarked diversions.

We had dinner at a place called Jalkotwadi, I think the hotel was called Maharaja/Maharaj. Food was decent and hygienic. Tea was superb.

Hope it helped.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:33   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
You can also consider the following route:
Hyderabad - Pargi - Kodangal - Gulbarga - Aland - Akkalkot - Solapur - Pune.

I have taken this route twice in 2016 because some section of Solapur - Hyderabad NH was in bad shape. Apart from avoiding slow traffic and bad roads, I also had pleasure of scenic roads and stress free drive.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 18:01   #671
BHPian

Last I travelled from Hyderaba to Pune was on 8th July by Palio Stile 1.6 and on 29th April by Royal Enfield Classic 500.

Both times it was traveling from Hyderabad to Pune.

Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Omerga - Naldurg - Sholapur - Pune

Condition of road condition from Hyderabad to Humnabad was perfect, I managed to travel this stretch in 3 hours with out any break.

Bad part of this route starts right after the check point after Humnabad till begining of city limits of Sholapur. The road is under construction with many diversions and rough patches. I took 2.5 hours by car and 2 hours by motorcycle to cross this stretch.

The road condition from Sholapur to Pune is good, however its not very safe for a motorcycle. The road surface is rough, I guess its done to patch it up. I you are traveling by motorcycle there are few patches which may cause wobble if you are travelling at 90+
guyonblackybx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:51   #672
Senior - BHPian

Riding to Gandikota next weekend from Pune on a low slung motorcycle (HD Fat Boy). Appreciate, if someone can answer following questions:

1) Planning to stay overnight at Hyderabad outskirts or Mehboobnagar. Any recommendation for stay with a safe parking?

2)Should I stick to NH9 after Sholapur or take Gulbarga road? Google says via Gulbarga.

3) Any rough patches I should be careful which might scrape the under-body frame of motorcycle.

Thanks in advance,
-BJ
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:14   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Riding to Gandikota next weekend from Pune on a low slung motorcycle (HD Fat Boy). Appreciate, if someone can answer following questions:

1) Planning to stay overnight at Hyderabad outskirts or Mehboobnagar. Any recommendation for stay with a safe parking?

Thanks in advance,
-BJ
Mehboobnagar will not be on the way. Jadcherla town will be.

1. Hotel Novotel, Shamshabad. It is inside the Hyderabad Airport property. Being a 5 star, parking should be safe and secure.
2. Plaza Premium Lounge at Hyderabad Airport on Parking Level. Bike will need to be parked in airport 2-wheeler parking lot so not secure at all.
3. Hotel Hyderabad Grand, Shamshabad. It is on Hyderabad -Bangalore Highway exactly at the turn off for the airport. Not seen a secure parking lot in it.
4. Hotel Oyo Shamshabad. Just seen the board. No idea about the property and parking.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:50   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

2)Should I stick to NH9 after Sholapur or take Gulbarga road? Google says via Gulbarga.

Thanks in advance,
-BJ
Stick to NH9, only downside of this route is the Sholapur to Mah - Kar border(via Naldurg and Omerga) which is around 70-80 kms. I have took this route on 1st Sep i.e. day before yesterday. Road condition has deteriorated but its not dangerous.
Gulbarga route will slow you and can be dangerous due to people and cattle crossing the road. As far as I know route via Gulbarga is single lane.
guyonblackybx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:19   #675
BHPian

Esteemed BHPIANs

Need info on the following
  1. Which route to take for HYD- Mahabaleswar. I had done HYD- Shirdi -Mumbai- Pune-HYD couple of years back. It rained heavily for most of the days and roads were pathetic mainly due to rains. How are the roads now? Which route to take?
  2. I believe last stretch to Mahabaleswar would be ghat roads? How good or bad they are? Any issues travelling post evening. I plan to start early around 4 AM and be there before sunset though.
  3. How is the road from Mahabaleswar to Pune?
  4. I plan to stay in Pune for about 7-8 days - work + fun trip. I plan to cover Lonavla , Matheran, Khandala, Lavasa etc. Would 2 days be enough to cover these . Weekdays I would be working though so no leisure or fun trips
  5. Post that I plan to be in Goa for a week. How is the Pune - Goa route? Any specific route to be taken? I did HYD-Goa stretch in Feb 2018. Crossed the ghats before Goa after dark. Had no issues as such but traffic was pretty thin for a weekend.

I would be travelling with family and hence wanted to know if I need to take care of anything specific. How are these roads to drive on post evening? Any issues as such or should I restrict to day time driving

Last edited by nibedk : 3rd October 2018 at 19:20. Reason: Correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks