Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2019, 07:38   #721
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Route Taken -->

Hyderbad (Mutuhangi ) --> Sadashivpet --> Zahirabad --> Omerga --> Naldurg --> Solapur --> Bhigwan --> Pune

Start : 1:15 PM
End: 11:00 PM
Total Distance -- 600 Km
Average Speed -- 61.54 Kmph (Including Breaks)
Time Taken: 9:45 Hours

Road Condition :
Hyderabad --Omerga -- > Smooth 4 lane road. Now Omerga bypass is functional for traffic. Total 3 diversions between Talmod and Omegra.

Omerga - Naldurg --> Okay roads with 2 diversions.

Naldurg -- Solapur --> Road near Naldurg is a complete mess. Actually, there is no road (Tarmac) for 10 km from Naldurg.
I didn't even count the number of diversions. Beware of wrong side drivers and unmarked diversions before Solapur.

Solapur -- Pune --> Smooth 4 lane road. Beware of jaywalkers and bikers near small towns. They hide in bushes on the divider and jump on the road.

Toll Paid: 440
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 15:20   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
How you travel inside the Ramoji Film City, by your car or film city vehicle? Can I take my car? How about the parking in main entrance and inside the film city?
We have to park our car on the parking at the entrance. They have buses inside or we can walk.

Taking our own car upto Ramoji city will save you hassles of difficulty and price of hiring cabs in the night.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:06   #723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Start : 1:15 PM
End: 11:00 PM
Total Distance -- 600 Km
Average Speed -- 61.54 Kmph (Including Breaks)
Time Taken: 9:45 Hours
Omerga - Naldurg --> Okay roads with 2 diversions.
Naldurg -- Solapur --> Road near Naldurg is a complete mess. Actually, there is no road (Tarmac) for 10 km from Naldurg.
Solapur -- Pune --> Smooth 4 lane road. Beware of jaywalkers and bikers near small towns. They hide in bushes on the divider and jump on the road.
Of the 600km looks like only the odd 100km which is not complete on 4-lane. Its one section I have been reading a long time for 4-lane conversion. Still some way togo I guess! Also how are the facilities coming along on this stretch?
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:02   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its one section I have been reading a long time for 4-lane conversion.
I would say 75% of 4 lane work is complete. Road is mess, mainly due to uncompleted flyovers.

Quote:
Also how are the facilities coming along on this stretch?
Facilities are still scarce on this section.
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 13:47   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
I would say 75% of 4 lane work is complete. Road is mess, mainly due to uncompleted flyovers.

Facilities are still scarce on this section.
Agree with you 100%.

I did this route up and down thrice this September and again i am leaving for Hyderabad from Pune this coming Friday. Except for that stretch around naldurg, rest is fine. Facilities cant be compared to NH8 types. Have to rely on packed home food and big Indian oil pumps for toilets.

Oh one thing i noticed, instead of cows, its the dogs that are ready to jump on roads and excited to commit suicide. Anyone else noticed it
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 13:46   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Agree with you 100%.

I did this route up and down thrice this September and again i am leaving for Hyderabad from Pune this coming Friday. Except for that stretch around naldurg, rest is fine. Facilities cant be compared to NH8 types. Have to rely on packed home food and big Indian oil pumps for toilets.

Oh one thing i noticed, instead of cows, its the dogs that are ready to jump on roads and excited to commit suicide. Anyone else noticed it

Hello. I am planning to drive from Pune - Hyderabad and back with my mum, wife and kid (6 yr old) during the Diwali week for a vacation. Will drive in my VW Ameo 1.5 TDI Highline Plus AT. Any updates to the route road condition, for good or for worse?

Also, I will be in Hyd for 4 full days. With 1 day for RFC, what would be a recommendation for other 3 days, apart from the tourist attractions and Paradise Biryani ?
Old 7th October 2019, 17:12   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDeshmukh View Post
Hello. I am planning to drive from Pune - Hyderabad and back with my mum, wife and kid (6 yr old) during the Diwali week for a vacation. Will drive in my VW Ameo 1.5 TDI Highline Plus AT. Any updates to the route road condition, for good or for worse?

Also, I will be in Hyd for 4 full days. With 1 day for RFC, what would be a recommendation for other 3 days, apart from the tourist attractions and Paradise Biryani ?
Ok so i just did this route this Saturday. Some new potholes have emerged thanks to rains. You have to be extra careful cause those are small but deep holes. Rest everything is same..naldurg world famous non existent road is still like that

As for your site seeing, i am just two day old in Hyderabad . Just shifted there for some time. Maybe someone can help you and i can note down too.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:26   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
naldurg world famous non existent road is still like that
How bad is this stretch? Is this doable in a low sedan (BMW 3 series)? I am planning to drive there soon and was worried about this stretch in my 3 series. Would you advice me to go ahead or change the plans? Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:54   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
How bad is this stretch? Is this doable in a low sedan (BMW 3 series)? I am planning to drive there soon and was worried about this stretch in my 3 series. Would you advice me to go ahead or change the plans? Thanks in advance.
Go ahead with your plan 3 series would be able to do it. I have seen few Audis crossing that section. Just cover that stretch in day light and keep your eyes open.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:27   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How bad is this stretch? Is this doable in a low sedan (BMW 3 series)?
I did see a 5 series struggle in the Omerga-Naldurg sector when I drove last week. There's a Dalimb-Lohara detour that I had taken driving Hyderabad from Ujani, that I've written here (Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries). This joins Tuljapur-Ausa 4-lane and Tuljapur-Osmanabad is 4-laned too.

In a way you may stick to Chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur-Solapur-Osmanabad, threes an Ecosport owner who has done it a month back here (Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries).

The alternates are Bangalore-Hyderabad-Osmanabad or Bangalore-Kolhapur-Miraj-Pandharpur-Mohol-Solapur bypass-Osmanabad.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:32   #731
PVS
BHPian

Quote:

Spend some time at IKEA -
Check out Chowmahalla Palace in the Old City (If it isn't covered in your itinerary already)
Take a ride in the Hyderabad Metro..
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:56   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go ahead with your plan 3 series would be able to do it. I have seen few Audis crossing that section. Just cover that stretch in day light and keep your eyes open.
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I will cover it in a daylight if I choose that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I did see a 5 series struggle in the Omerga-Naldurg sector when I drove last week. There's a Dalimb-Lohara detour that I had taken driving Hyderabad from Ujani, that I've written here (Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries). This joins Tuljapur-Ausa 4-lane and Tuljapur-Osmanabad is 4-laned too.
Thank you for your reply. Thank you for the Lohara detour idea. That seems to be a good option. That road is doable in a sedan I assume.

Quote:
The alternates are Bangalore-Hyderabad-Osmanabad or Bangalore-Kolhapur-Miraj-Pandharpur-Mohol-Solapur bypass-Osmanabad.
Yes, the Bangalore-Hyderabad-Osmanabad alternative is the one I was talking about. But that has this Naladurga patch which I wanted to avoid, and hence the above query.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:47   #733

Quote:
Hello!
When are you planning to travel? I was not planning to make any changes to the route, as the problematic patch was only 10 Kms and I think Ameo should be able to manage that.
Am I thinking right or should I think of alternate routes?
I will be travelling on coming monday.
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:13   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Thank you for the Lohara detour idea. That seems to be a good option. That road is doable in a sedan I assume.
Road is in good shape, no potholes. But its narrow (1-1.5 lane wide). The Ausa-Tuljapur is concrete 4-lane.

There are still some unfinished bridge sections in Tuljapur-Beed, remaining is runway.

Quote:
I think Ameo should be able to manage that.
Ameo might (GC is 175 mm I think), 3 series sits a lot low. My S-Cross and a MH-14 Ertiga I was piloting through the bad sections had no trouble.

Besides he is heading to Osmanabad, where alternates exist. For Pune there isn't any. Gulbarga-Solapur has its share of diversions (with traffic), so no real gain doing Humnabad-Gulbarga-Solapur.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 18:01   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Road is in good shape, no potholes. But its narrow (1-1.5 lane wide). The Ausa-Tuljapur is concrete 4-lane.
Thanks. This sounds good. By the way, do you recommend detour from Dalimb, or can I take the same road that touches the main highway as shown below (this seems like a direct road between the main highway and Ausa). Will this work too?

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-capture.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks