Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 19:40   #1

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Anyone who has traveled this route recently may please give an update on the road condition. I plan to travel on this route in the first week of November 2007.
Old 25th October 2007, 20:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ashok, heard that the road is in good condition except a small stretch near Homnabad.
Old 26th October 2007, 09:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is Homnabad the place just before you enter Hyderabad?

Road in pretty good condition.. but start early in the morning. Otherwise, you end up moving along with the truck traffic.. pretty difficult to overtake them on the 2 lane road.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Homnabad is halfway between Hyderabad and Solapur (146 kms from Hyderabad, 143 kms to Solapur).
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:51   #5
BHPian

Anyone recently travelled on this route from Hyderabad to Pune. I am planning to go to Pune next weekend. How are the road conditions ? I will be driving Santro.
Old 3rd February 2008, 09:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

One of our friends travelled down on the road last fortnight, and the road is good.
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:54   #7
BHPian

Road is good but boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
One of our friends travelled down on the road last fortnight, and the road is good.
We did it overnight end of last year. The Road is good but narrow. Check my blog below for pics. etc.
Old 4th February 2008, 13:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
Anyone recently travelled on this route from Hyderabad to Pune. I am planning to go to Pune next weekend. How are the road conditions ? I will be driving Santro.
There are minor quirks between BHEL and another 10 kms, as the roads are being widened. They get better after that till about 15 to 20 kms beyond Zaheerabad, once you enter the Karnataka border. You can drive around 40 to 50 on this stretch for about 15 kms till you reach Homnabad.
From there the road is good, but there is a hell of a lot of truck traffic between Sholapur and Pune. I did this last xmas.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
There are minor quirks between BHEL and another 10 kms, as the roads are being widened. They get better after that till about 15 to 20 kms beyond Zaheerabad, once you enter the Karnataka border. You can drive around 40 to 50 on this stretch for about 15 kms till you reach Homnabad.
From there the road is good, but there is a hell of a lot of truck traffic between Sholapur and Pune. I did this last xmas.
Thanks guys for the updates. As road conditions are ok, I will go ahead with the plan then.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:17   #10
BHPian

watch out the Pune - solapur stretch

The road is in good shape but for the Karnataka stretch. Also, watch out for the truckers on the Pune-Solapur stretch they are an absolute nightmare.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:05   #11
BHPian

Puna to Sholapur is good
Sholapur to karnataka is averge with some bad spots
Once you enter A.P its good again
Old 16th April 2010, 14:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCzar View Post
Puna to Sholapur is good
Dear CarCzar
this is a 2 years old thread.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCzar View Post
Puna to Sholapur is good
Dont think your update is based on recent experience,I just did HYD-PNQ a couple of days back and the road is in shambles.

Hyd-Sangareddy: 4 Laned,but the surface has begun to give away at many places.

Sangareddy-Solapur: Bad to Good to excellent stretches(excellent being from Naldurg to S'pur).

Solapur-Indapur: Road surface is just about average,heavy truck traffic,takes a heavy toll on speed and driving can be very tiresome.

Indapur-Loni: Road is in shambles,thanks to the road widening,existing road is also the pits.Just not fit for travel.

Loni-Hadapsar: Good condition

My recco would beo not consider driving this stretch until the 4 laning is complete or the existing roads are done up again.Till then a big NO.

If at all you need to drive,take the Pune-NH4-Kapurhole-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur route,this again only once the Baramati stretch has been confirmed to be ok.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:18   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Dont think your update is based on recent experience,I just did HYD-PNQ a couple of days back and the road is in shambles.

Hyd-Sangareddy: 4 Laned,but the surface has begun to give away at many places.

Sangareddy-Solapur: Bad to Good to excellent stretches(excellent being from Naldurg to S'pur).

Solapur-Indapur: Road surface is just about average,heavy truck traffic,takes a heavy toll on speed and driving can be very tiresome.

Indapur-Loni: Road is in shambles,thanks to the road widening,existing road is also the pits.Just not fit for travel.

Loni-Hadapsar: Good condition

My recco would beo not consider driving this stretch until the 4 laning is complete or the existing roads are done up again.Till then a big NO.

If at all you need to drive,take the Pune-NH4-Kapurhole-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur route,this again only once the Baramati stretch has been confirmed to be ok.
I am surprised to hear this. I did Solapur to Hyd a fortnight ago and it was pretty good. Did this stretch in ~ 4.5 hours.
Old 26th July 2010, 06:41   #15
BHPian

Are there any July updates to this PUN-HYD thread?
I plan on running on this route in a day or two! I will be driving down with family- wife knows how to drive but I won't let her drive this route, at least not till we hit the 4 lanes.
Can this route be done in one stretch, non stop by a single driver.
Otherwise I plan to do a late evening start from PUN, do a night halt at Solapur & then proceed the next day to HYD. But, on the way back there is no halt- have to hit it in one go.

-Kartik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks