Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Now that gets me thinking, to drive to Vizag from Pune, is there any alternate route?

I see that a route that takes us to Osmanabad, Kamareddy and then connect backs to Hyderabad or Rajamundry (bypassing Vijaywada via Siddipet, Khammam etc) any comments on this route?
If you do want to drive to Vizag from Pune,then time your drive correctly.Leave early from Pune(by 4-5am),and come via Baramati.This way you would be able to beat the day time traffic on nh9.Solapur-Hyderabad isnt much of a pain as compared to Solapur-Pune.

From Hyderabad,get onto the Vijayawada NH9 and drive till Suryapet and then divert to Khammam and onwards to Vizag.

Definitely a 2 day drive one way.Target to stay the 1st night at Hyderabad and you should be in Vizag on day 2.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:05   #62
BHPian

I'm thinking of doing the Pune ~> Hyderabad ~> Pune section this weekend of 5th August'11 in my VDI
Planning of starting off around noon, take a break in Solapur & head to Hyderabad the next day. Return would be on Sunday.
Thinking of taking the Pune~Shirwal~Pandharpur~Mohol~Solapur for first leg.
Not sure if that is a dumb idea, but I did that route up to Solapur before, found it takes same amount of time (more number of kms ofcourse), but great peace of mind.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
I'm thinking of doing the Pune ~> Hyderabad ~> Pune section this weekend of 5th August'11 in my VDI
Planning of starting off around noon, take a break in Solapur & head to Hyderabad the next day. Return would be on Sunday.
Not sure if that is a dumb idea, but I did that route up to Solapur before, found it takes same amount of time (more number of kms ofcourse), but great peace of mind.

Hi,

I am thinking of taking the Solapur, Pandharppur, Satara, Pune route. Anyone with news/update on this route? I am travelling tomorrow.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadi Bhote View Post
Hi,

I am thinking of taking the Solapur, Pandharppur, Satara, Pune route. Anyone with news/update on this route? I am travelling tomorrow.
These are real extended routes with a lot of driving time involved.Not sure why would you want to take them unless you have a reason.

If you start early and go via Indapur-Baramati-Saswad-Kapurhole,your drive would be absolutely fine and you should be able to reach Pune in 12 hours.

Pandharpur-Mohol is also equally bad in terms of traffic so no major gains there.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:53   #65
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit,

I hear that the Baramati Saswad road is under repair. Have you any recent info on that route conditions?
Old 4th August 2011, 11:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit,

I hear that the Baramati Saswad road is under repair. Have you any recent info on that route conditions?
How recent is this update of the repair?There was nothing till very recently.If there is Ashish would be able to help with the latest.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am late to reply this post.
The saswad-jejuri route is repaired.
jejuri-baramati is superfine road.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 16:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit,

What route did you finally take?
I'm still in 2 minds on my Friday Drive or should it be Bus!
But there are some things that Men have to do! And they do- Drive

-Kartik
Old 4th August 2011, 16:58   #69
BHPian

kartikoak, Can you please update the road conditions when you reach Hyderabad? I am planning to drive to Nasik on 11th Aug and am bit worried about road conditions?
Old 5th August 2011, 07:22   #70
BHPian

Sorry to those who where hoping to get an update from me!
Am not driving this weekend due to some unavoidable situation that has come up.

-Kartik
Old 7th August 2011, 21:04   #71
BHPian

Hi All,

I travelled Hyd-Pune-Mahabaleshwar-Hyd on 4th Aug and returned today . I took the route from Solapur to Pandharpur-Satara-Pune. The road was good most of the way , except a 100 km stretch from Pandharpur oward toward Satara, where the road surface is bad but at 80-90kmph is not felt much. No Pot Holes though. Very little traffic from Mohol -Pandarpur to Satara. We made Hyd to Pune in 9.5 hrs driving time. Dist 620 km. ( as against 560 km on the NH)

We did Pune to Saswad on the 5th , but road was not good at all.

Return , we came down from Mahabaleshwar on the direct road ( not via NH4) to Satara, returned to Hyd via Pandharpur. this road is beautiful, scenic and very good condition, very little traffic at 7-9 am.
Dadi Bhote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 12:31   #72
MDe
BHPian

Hi,

I just checked the maps and I see there is a road going from solapur-mohol-pandarpur-Vizhori-phaltan-Shirwal to pune. Anyone has any idea about this road. I hear that the road from Solapur to Pune is very bad and is the one that takes maximum amount of time. The above route can help on that, but I am not sure of the road condition. Please let me know if anyone has tried the route.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We made Hyd to Pune in 9.5 hrs driving time. Dist 620 km. ( as against 560 km on the NH)
We did Pune to Saswad on the 5th , but road was not good at all.
Thanks for the update on pandharpur-satara route.

By which route you visited saswad from pune, the one which goes via hadpsar or via kapurhol/narayanpur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
solapur-mohol-pandarpur-Vizhori-phaltan-Shirwal to pune.
The route from pandharpur to phaltan is so so in condition, phaltan to lonand under 4laning work, lonand to shirwal almost completed 4 laning.
Avoid this route,
better to take dadi bhote's route mentioned in above post as he reported that the route is in good condition though longer.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 12th August 2011 at 12:42.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:06   #74
BHPian

Pune to Saswad we took the Lulla Nagar/ NIBM road out of Pune.

Pune Saswad via Hadapsar is a bad road , we returned via Lulla nagar which is shorter and much better road.
Old 13th August 2011, 14:38   #75
MDe
BHPian

Thanks for the update Ashish. Will take Dadi's route when I travel. Just waiting for the NH work to complete so that I can do a good road trip to pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks