Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 14:29   #91
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hello,
I will be coming from Solapur->Khandale->Pandharpur->Mohol->Solapur->Hyderabad.
Tell me guys, is it advised to get a PUC done for my car after entering in hyderabad, rest of the papers I will have with me.

-Kartik
Old 27th August 2011, 21:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
^^ Do let us know about the condition of the roads and the route that you have decided to take! All the best and happy driving!
Though I had planned to start early, but getting out of office proved tough. I am in the business of tying of loose ends for my org, so you can imagine I had my hands full [Year-end(Last Quarter)+Global Markets+everyone wants Chutti].

Finally I was able to exit office at 7.30 PM. On top of that, Hitec rear exit [Durgam Cheruvu] was choc-block. Finished few errands, and then went to Shell. Tanked up on Super Unleaded [76.30], Man! this fuel is good, I usually finish Hyd-Pune-Hyd in roughly 1 tank each, this time while I was entering Hadapsar, I didn't hit reserve and confidently drove till Koregaon.

Started at 12.00 AM from Malaysian Township
Touched Sholapur at 3 AM
- There is a section about 80 KM's before Sholapur, where sides of the road have these small dugouts [Intermittently]. If you keep looking into oncoming lights, esp at night, there is trouble for your left wheel as it feels abandoned and plunges into in these potholes like a unbroken buck.

- Some stretches around Sholapur are excellent, the gradient helps locate road conditions using truck lights

Two 5 Min Bio-Breaks, since I was alive on Red-bull and Water

- Even after crossing Sholapur the roads wern't so bad until you hit Tembhurni, my advantage was I covered good sections in Dark there I could pull through speed. After Tembhurni it was a swinging ride. One, due to 4-laning work and other due to density of truck traffic.

- Hit Hadapsar at 9.45 AM, with my rims being warned at 2 places on Whose the boss, This is one hell of a highway, sorry if I sound primitive, I love these roads than toll-paid, all-metaled, lane-highway.

Given a choice I would do this again, alas! I gotta go to where Chilly Northern winds call me often! But yes, If I do it next trust me I'll Bring all the daylight at night.

[Advisory] Dont do this road at night if you have weak eyes, with glasses, when its drizzling. Also if you have twilight sized bulbs then too, you'll need few Sun's to show you the way!!

This is what I call highway!

Last edited by Ushuaia : 27th August 2011 at 21:13. Reason: Corrected few mistakes, grammer
Ushuaia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 13:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Hello,
I will be coming from Solapur->Khandale->Pandharpur->Mohol->Solapur->Hyderabad.
Tell me guys, is it advised to get a PUC done for my car after entering in hyderabad, rest of the papers I will have with me.

-Kartik
PUCs are valid on an all india basis,so irrespective of where you get them done,it is valid all over India.I would suggest that you get it done before you start your drive to avoid unnecessary harassment on the roads esp by the solapur cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Though I had planned to start early, but getting out of office proved tough. I am in the business of tying of loose ends for my org, so you can imagine I had my hands full [Year-end(Last Quarter)+Global Markets+everyone wants Chutti].

Finally I was able to exit office at 7.30 PM. On top of that, Hitec rear exit [Durgam Cheruvu] was choc-block. Finished few errands, and then went to Shell. Tanked up on Super Unleaded [76.30], Man! this fuel is good, I usually finish Hyd-Pune-Hyd in roughly 1 tank each, this time while I was entering Hadapsar, I didn't hit reserve and confidently drove till Koregaon.

Started at 12.00 AM from Malaysian Township
Touched Sholapur at 3 AM
- There is a section about 80 KM's before Sholapur, where sides of the road have these small dugouts [Intermittently]. If you keep looking into oncoming lights, esp at night, there is trouble for your left wheel as it feels abandoned and plunges into in these potholes like a unbroken buck.

- Some stretches around Sholapur are excellent, the gradient helps locate road conditions using truck lights

Two 5 Min Bio-Breaks, since I was alive on Red-bull and Water

- Even after crossing Sholapur the roads wern't so bad until you hit Tembhurni, my advantage was I covered good sections in Dark there I could pull through speed. After Tembhurni it was a swinging ride. One, due to 4-laning work and other due to density of truck traffic.

- Hit Hadapsar at 9.45 AM, with my rims being warned at 2 places on Whose the boss, This is one hell of a highway, sorry if I sound primitive, I love these roads than toll-paid, all-metaled, lane-highway.

Given a choice I would do this again, alas! I gotta go to where Chilly Northern winds call me often! But yes, If I do it next trust me I'll Bring all the daylight at night.

[Advisory] Dont do this road at night if you have weak eyes, with glasses, when its drizzling. Also if you have twilight sized bulbs then too, you'll need few Sun's to show you the way!!

This is what I call highway!
Thanks for the detailed report.looks like solapur-pune is getting miserable by the day and with the current rains its only going to get worse I guess.I was intending to drive to pune on tuesday,leaving miyapur by atleast 1pm,now i am actually rethinking the scenarion
Old 28th August 2011, 17:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks for the detailed report.looks like solapur-pune is getting miserable by the day and with the current rains its only going to get worse I guess.I was intending to drive to pune on tuesday,leaving miyapur by atleast 1pm,now i am actually rethinking the scenarion
Ranjit,

Rains fine but what I felt, drizzle on the route is making matters worse
- First no matter what your headlamp, drizzle reduces the beam throw
- Moist black tar absorbs your light like a black hole, leaving you in the dark
- Scatter from trucks coming from opposite direction is a pain
- Then muck thrown back by trucks from both sides on any car (due to low height) makes wiping and water spray painful
- Make sure your electricals are sound, carry spare bulb, fit extra lights if you feel the travel will spread through twilight and darker hours!

Though it may sound illogical and a bit insane but if you start at 3 AM you cross Sholapur by 6 and then due to day-break you can use the route you suggested. Coz after Tembhurni even at 6 the traffic was thick with all the truckers starting from Pune to cross the first 150 KM's from Pune. Even the truckers realize it best time to slip past cops till Sholapur.

Surprisingly I used this route number of times but never seen Karnataka or Andhra cops that zealously seeking donations, but Sholapur is turning a cropper.
Old 5th September 2011, 23:50   #95
BHPian

Ranjit/Ashish,

Just wanted to let you know, finished a 29 hr drive from Pune to Gurgaon!! Some parts were awesome (Mostly Gujarat and southern Rajasthan)! I wondered when someone shared to having done it in less than 35 hrs. But yes if you plan your sleep well and time it well, then it is doable!! I usually do Hyd- Pune in 9 - 9.5 hrs so this worked bit like math barring some stretches where all I could was muster 30-40 between larger four-wheeled variety
Old 6th September 2011, 18:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Ranjit/Ashish,

Just wanted to let you know, finished a 29 hr drive from Pune to Gurgaon!! Some parts were awesome (Mostly Gujarat and southern Rajasthan)! I wondered when someone shared to having done it in less than 35 hrs. But yes if you plan your sleep well and time it well, then it is doable!! I usually do Hyd- Pune in 9 - 9.5 hrs so this worked bit like math barring some stretches where all I could was muster 30-40 between larger four-wheeled variety
Thanks for the update.Pune to Gurgaon is a breeze except for the flyover constructions in Surat & Manor sections.And what makes the drive memorable are the truck drivers and car drivers in general in GJ who stick to the left come what may and with a simple blink of the headlights,they immediately give you way.Amazing.I am driving to kerala today and just reached blore.excellet road as usual took me around 7hours.

Thanks for your tip on the shell super,i am amazed at the kind of mileage its offering,i am beginning to have serious doubts on the quantity and quality of the BPs & HPs,.
Old 6th September 2011, 23:41   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks for the update.Pune to Gurgaon is a breeze except for the flyover constructions in Surat & Manor sections.And what makes the drive memorable are the truck drivers and car drivers in general in GJ who stick to the left come what may and with a simple blink of the headlights,they immediately give you way.Amazing.I am driving to kerala today and just reached blore.excellet road as usual took me around 7hours.

Thanks for your tip on the shell super,i am amazed at the kind of mileage its offering,i am beginning to have serious doubts on the quantity and quality of the BPs & HPs,.
All the best for your trip to Kerala, I am sure you wished your car had wings on B'lore Highway!!

I am glad Shell Super is working for you, it extends your range better than all other brands currently available.
Old 11th September 2011, 02:27   #98
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the Toll-Gate locations on NH9 between Hyderabad and Solapur ?
Made a recent trip to Bidar and found only one Toll Gate on the outskirts of Hyderabad. Any other ones in KA/MH ?
Old 11th September 2011, 16:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Can anyone tell me the Toll-Gate locations on NH9 between Hyderabad and Solapur ?
Made a recent trip to Bidar and found only one Toll Gate on the outskirts of Hyderabad. Any other ones in KA/MH ?

There is only one toll after Hyderabad outskirts.
I do not think so any other toll in place after Patancheruvu.
The next toll is at Kedagaon near Pune.
The road that is being four laned is between Temburni-Kedagaon
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:37   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Made a recent trip to Bidar and found only one Toll Gate on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
When kind sir?? I am located in Bidar and so a PM would have given us a chance to meet up!!

Right! As stated before in this thread, I am leaving for Mumbai from Bidar on 05 Oct 11. The plan is to start in the afternoon on 05 Oct and reach Solapur by sundown and spend the night there. On 06 Oct drive down from Solapur to Mumbai. After going through the road reports, I have homed down to three possible routes:

1. NH9 all through : A big no no for me due to the road conditions. Total distance: 420 Kms

2. Solapur-Mohol-Pandharpur-Phatlan-Shirwal-NH 4-Pune Bypass-Pune Mumbai Expressway-Mumbai. Total Distance:445 Kms

3. Solapur-Pandharpur-Mhasavad-Satara-NH 4-Pune Bypass-Pune Mumbai Expressway-Mumbai. Total Distance:491 Kms.

Option 2 is just 25 Kms longer than the NH9 rpute, but a majority of the distance is covered on state highways, about 210 Kms to be exact. On the other hand, option 3 is 70 kms longer, but in this case,190 Kms in in state highways while the rest is on the NH 4 and the Pune Mumbai Expressway both of which should easily allow me to average around 85-90 KMPH.

I am driving in an Indigo and have my family which includes a 3 month old kid with me. So a comfortable and a fast ride is of vital importance.

Further, to reach Panvel by 1600 hrs, what time do I need to start from Solapur?

Lastly, can anybody suggest a decent but budget place to stay in Solapur?

Thanks in anticipation!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 03:48   #101
BHPian

@neel385: Start at 7 AM at the most.
I am mentioning such early time because you will be doing day driving and you will be hitting Pune traffic if you take the NH9 route. You will waste approximatley 1 hour going throug pune to again touch the expressway.

I am not sure of the internal routes in state highway in MH. So I will not comment on those. However NH4 is in excellent condition. But I do not think going to Panvel via Satara from Solapur is going to save any time. I would think it will take more time. I would still say NH9 would be the fastest way.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Right! As stated before in this thread, I am leaving for Mumbai from Bidar on 05 Oct 11. The plan is to start in the afternoon on 05 Oct and reach Solapur by sundown and spend the night there. On 06 Oct drive down from Solapur to Mumbai.
Lastly, can anybody suggest a decent but budget place to stay in Solapur?
First things first,hotels in Solapur are pretty sad in terms of cleanliness and I simply cannot find a reason as to why they are like that-probably an attitude problem(I can safely vouch for this after having stayed in quite a many).Havign said that Hotel City Park is good and so is Hotel Tripurasundari.Rooms in the range of INR 1700-2000.Call ahead to reserve.

As for the route,there is yet another option that you havent mentioned and which IMO would be your best bet.

Leave Solapur around 7am and after Indapur bus stand,take a left towards Baramati via Junction.The roads from thereon are pretty good and straightforward.The route would be Indapur-Baramati-Morgaon-Jejuri-Saswad-Narayanpur-Kapurhole-Join NH4-Right turn-Katraj New TUnnel-Mumbai bypass-Dehu Road-MPEW.Route is good and Solapur-Panvel shouldnt take you more than 6-7hours.

Places of interest enroute are :

Morgaon Ganpati temple,Jejuri temple atop a hill with Jai Malhari written on the rocks(visible from a distance),Saswad Ganpati temple,Datta temple at Narayanpur,Tirupati Balaji temple built by Venkateshwara Hatcheries at Kapurhole(exact replica of the tirupati temple).All these fall on the main road and no need of any diversions.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:24   #103
BHPian

^^ Well if the roads to Baramati are good, can it be safely be assumed that the Pandharpur-Phatlan-Shirwal-NH 4 roads will also be in reasonably good condition as they are also under PWD Maharastra? Of course Baramati is special to Pawar ji and so it might get special treatment!
Old 30th September 2011, 22:09   #104
BHPian

Friends,

I am travelling up to Bhimashankar from Hyderabad on 2 October. Will start at 5 am from Hyderabad. To reach Pune, should I stick to NH9 after Indapur or take the road via Baramati?

From Sasvad, in case I take the latter route, should I go through Kapurhole or straight join NH9 through Zendewadi, Hadapsar (as seen in MapMyIndia) to reach Nasik Phata?

Thank you for your time.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:54   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Friends,

I am travelling up to Bhimashankar from Hyderabad on 2 October. Will start at 5 am from Hyderabad. To reach Pune, should I stick to NH9 after Indapur or take the road via Baramati?

From Sasvad, in case I take the latter route, should I go through Kapurhole or straight join NH9 through Zendewadi, Hadapsar (as seen in MapMyIndia) to reach Nasik Phata?

Thank you for your time.
Like I mentioned earlier,Baramati route would give you peace of mind and no constant gear changes.

Go via Kapurhole-NH4,its easier for you to reach Nasik Phata-lesser traffic as well.Budget for a 10hour drive from hyd to pune.I might be driving as well on the same day,havent yet decided though whether to take the flight or drive

Why dont you try starting around 330-4,would be easier.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks