Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 11:31   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
From Sangli,I would suggest that you go via Athani-Chikodi-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Homnabad.
From sangli, i think its miraj-mhaisal-athani-bijapur-gulbarga-humnabad route.
There is no chikkodi town on this route, please correct me if i am wrong.

Is there any town named CHIKODI between athani and bijapur?

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 31st May 2012 at 11:33.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 11:32   #167
BHPian

Quote:
From Sangli,I would suggest that you go via Athani-Chikodi-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Homnabad.Excellent road throughout all the way till Homnabad.From thereon its a fast drive to Hyderabad.
This makes sense to me I will try this route, This is the same route connects to Goa right. I know road is good from Bijapur to Hyderabad, I am bit skeptical about Sangli to Bijapur
Old 31st May 2012, 11:34   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
From sangli, i think its miraj-mhaisal-athani-bijapur-gulbarga-humnabad route.
There is no chikkodi town on this route, please correct me if i am wrong.
Sorry typo error.No Chikodi on this route,Chikodi comes only towards Sankeshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
This makes sense to me I will try this route, This is the same route connects to Goa right. I know road is good from Bijapur to Hyderabad, I am bit skeptical about Sangli to Bijapur
.No problems with Sangli-Bijapur either.Any day better than going via Solapur.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 15:04   #169
BHPian

Hi guys,

Planning for hyd-mumbai on 9th morning. (work+play) I would love to clear this sholapur - pune stretch. Shall i stick to the NH9 or go the indapur-baramati-jejuri-saswad-pune route? I've never done this part and hence would like to have a clear, smooth and fast drive. Planning to leave hyd before 5am, so sholapur possible at 11-11.30? All other inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 5th June 2012, 07:03   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar
Hi guys,

Planning for hyd-mumbai on 9th morning. (work+play) I would love to clear this sholapur - pune stretch. Shall i stick to the NH9 or go the indapur-baramati-jejuri-saswad-pune route? I've never done this part and hence would like to have a clear, smooth and fast drive. Planning to leave hyd before 5am, so sholapur possible at 11-11.30? All other inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I took the baramati route last week to mumbai and found it to be bliss as compared to NH9.NH9 is a clutch killer!try and leave by 330 so as to reach solapur by 8,will help you avoid traffic post solapur.Else you would forever be behind some truck or local car/auto etc.

Attached is my log of the drive with timings.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Trip Log HYD_BOM_220512.xls (65.5 KB, 378 views)

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 5th June 2012 at 07:21.
Old 5th June 2012, 09:28   #171
BHPian

Quote:
I took the baramati route last week to mumbai and found it to be bliss as compared to NH9.NH9 is a clutch killer!try and leave by 330 so as to reach solapur by 8,will help you avoid traffic post solapur.Else you would forever be behind some truck or local car/auto etc.

Attached is my log of the drive with timings.

Thanks for reply. I have that log of yours from a previous post. 0330 would be too early, i would try around 0430. I see that you took close to 3 hours to cover 110KM after sholapur, is that due to bad road or heavy traffic? how long would it take to cover MPEW (avg time)? Thanks again.
Old 5th June 2012, 10:41   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Thanks for reply. I have that log of yours from a previous post. 0330 would be too early, i would try around 0430. I see that you took close to 3 hours to cover 110KM after sholapur, is that due to bad road or heavy traffic? how long would it take to cover MPEW (avg time)? Thanks again.
Solapur-Temburni is now a days 2.5hours at any given time of the day,thanks to deviations/diversions/2lanes/new road/dense traffic/by lane creations etc etc.Thats the reason I said try and reach Solapur by 8.

The only option to get out of this mess is to go via Pandharpur,the downside would be

-Jams at almost all the toll gates between Satara and Khed Shivapur.MH drivers are the most unruly of people one can expect to see at tolls
-Quite some amount would go in toll between Satara & Khed Shivapur
-Dont see much savings in terms of time happening
-A little Isolated stretch between Pandharpur & NH4

As for time taken to cross the MPEW,if you keep the Dehu Road turn off at Pune(the point where you turn left for the EW) and the end point at the board which says "EW ends" on the flyover on EW,its around 100kms.There have been a spate of accidents on the MPEW in the last week,one horrible one where around 27people died,so the speed checks have become very very strict and anything above 80/90kph is being stopped and plus lane cutting is being punished as well.So overall budget for 2hrs to be on the safer side with the customary stop at the food court.The 1st food court with the HP Pump has gone down the drain.Stop at the second one,its become excellent now,the one with the Indian Oil pump.
Old 12th June 2012, 14:19   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry typo error.No Chikodi on this route,Chikodi comes only towards Sankeshwar

.No problems with Sangli-Bijapur either.Any day better than going via Solapur.
@ Ranjit Thanks for your advice it was really helpful, I could cover Hyderabad to Pune in 11 hours with 1.5 hour break started at 8.30am and was at Hadapsar at 7.30, Solapur - Indiapur is the worst part of the journey. After Indapur till Fursungi there was no much traffic.

While coming back I took Islampur- Sangali - Songola - Mangalweda - Solapur - Hyderabad route and I could cover 520 kms in 7.5 hours non stop. I started at 6.00 in a morning and reached home at 1.30.
Old 14th June 2012, 13:00   #174
Senior - BHPian

Did Mumbai-Hyd via Pune-Satara-Koregaon-Pusegaon-Gondawale-Mhaswad-Pandharpur-Mohol-NH9-Solapur-Homnabad-Hyd

Roads were excellent throughout.Till Satara was a breeze.Satara-Pandharpur is also in excellent condition and the road is wide.A small bad stretch in Mhaswad town for about a km,but otherwise,speeds of 80-100kph.Crossing Pandharpur was easy as well,as the road bypassed the town and directly connected me to the Mohol tolled road.

Borivli-Vashi Creek: 1hr (via EEH)

Vashi Creek-Pune EW End:1hr.45mins

PuneEW End-Khed Shivapur Mcdie:1hr.10mins

Mcdie Break:45mins

KShivapur-Satara:1hr 30mins

Satara-Pandharpur : 2hrs

Pandhar-Mohol:20mins

Mohol-Solapur:40mins

Lunch break at Nisarga,Solapur:45mins-Dirty place-excellent food.Next time will stop at Junglee,better place.

Solapur BP-Patancheru: 4.5hrs
Old 14th June 2012, 15:47   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Lunch break at Nisarga,Solapur:45mins-Dirty place-excellent food.Next time will stop at Junglee,better place.[/i]

Junglee is slightly neat and clean but food is not so great and time is the issue there. In my last visit to them my break was for 2 hours.
Old 24th June 2012, 00:09   #176

Hi
I have been a passive member of this group for a long time. And this being my first post apologize in advance if i have committed some mistake.

I will be traveling from Pune to Hyderabad on the coming Friday and back on sunday. I have the following queries.
1) Which is the best route to take. And how much time will the it take by maintaining sedate speeds on a Honda Civic
2) Which are the good Gas Stations and Food Joints in between.

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 24th June 2012, 20:24   #177
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprasanth81 View Post
Hi
I will be traveling from Pune to Hyderabad on the coming Friday and back on sunday. I have the following queries.
1) Which is the best route to take. And how much time will the it take by maintaining sedate speeds on a Honda Civic
I recently traveled from Hyd to Pune. Here is brief on the roads that I took:

1) Hyd - Humnabad - Solapur ->4 hours drive - can do upto 100-120. Roads not very smooth in some sections
2) Solapur to Indapur -> roads not that great. Some time wasted on this road - 80kmph doable
3) Indapur-Pune -> mostly good roads with some diversions. On the good roads you can easily go 120-140.
Old 25th June 2012, 09:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe

I recently traveled from Hyd to Pune. Here is brief on the roads that I took:

1) Hyd - Humnabad - Solapur ->4 hours drive - can do upto 100-120. Roads not very smooth in some sections
2) Solapur to Indapur -> roads not that great. Some time wasted on this road - 80kmph doable
3) Indapur-Pune -> mostly good roads with some diversions. On the good roads you can easily go 120-140.
How much time did it take for you on your trip ?
Old 29th June 2012, 13:43   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Did Mumbai-Hyd via Pune-Satara-Koregaon-Pusegaon-Gondawale-Mhaswad-Pandharpur-Mohol-NH9-Solapur-Homnabad-Hyd

Roads were excellent throughout.Till Satara was a breeze.Satara-Pandharpur is also in excellent condition and the road is wide.A small bad stretch in Mhaswad town for about a km,but otherwise,speeds of 80-100kph.Crossing Pandharpur was easy as well,as the road bypassed the town and directly connected me to the Mohol tolled road.

Borivli-Vashi Creek: 1hr (via EEH)

Vashi Creek-Pune EW End:1hr.45mins

PuneEW End-Khed Shivapur Mcdie:1hr.10mins

Mcdie Break:45mins

KShivapur-Satara:1hr 30mins

Satara-Pandharpur : 2hrs

Pandhar-Mohol:20mins

Mohol-Solapur:40mins

Lunch break at Nisarga,Solapur:45mins-Dirty place-excellent food.Next time will stop at Junglee,better place.

Hi Ranjit,
Is this road good for night drive. Upto Satara I know the stretch is really good. We are planning to drive tonight with Family. Start around 6 pm in Pune near Warje. My Driver who has done Hyd- Sholapur- Indapur - Pune (NH9) on 1st June feels that road is also good for night Drive. The Car is Innova
Old 29th June 2012, 14:32   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r

Hi Ranjit,
Is this road good for night drive. Upto Satara I know the stretch is really good. We are planning to drive tonight with Family. Start around 6 pm in Pune near Warje. My Driver who has done Hyd- Sholapur- Indapur - Pune (NH9) on 1st June feels that road is also good for night Drive. The Car is Innova
If its a night drive,then stick to the NH9 via Hadapsar.the Pandharpur route is very lonely at night between satara and mohol.Just be careful driving on the NH9 at night and road works are in full swing and road shoulder is virtually not there at many places.exercise great caution while overtaking and while giving side as at places there is no road shoulder to get off the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks