Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 17:06   #271
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Thanks a lot for the update, ranjitp1. Was anxiously waiting for it as I had to travel to Sholapur and beyond.

Reduction in travel time by approximately 2 hrs is a definite plus. How is the traffic on this route?

Last edited by zen91 : 24th October 2013 at 17:12.
Old 25th October 2013, 04:37   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Solapur(dont take the flyover at solapur,take the upper ramp and cut across the road and climb down towards ur right)-Shivaji Chowk-Samrat Chowk-Pani Tanki Chowk-Left Turn-Akkalkot Road-Akkalkot-Wagdari-Hiroli-Aland-Gulbarga-Sedam-Ripponpalli-Ravulapally-Kodangal-Parigi-Manneguda-Chevella-Moinabad-ORR-Nanal Nagar X Roads-Langar Houz X Roads-Mehdipatnam

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=3&t=m&z=14

Travel time is reduced drastically to 3.5 to 4hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Did Pune - Hyderabad the other day.

Road condition till Solapur is pretty good except for few locations with diversions still in place. We managed decent speed to reach the outskirts of Solapur in 4hrs.
Am I correct in understanding that Pune to Hyderabad or the other way round is an 8 hours drive by this Solapur Gulbarga Chevella route?
Old 25th October 2013, 05:19   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Am I correct in understanding that Pune to Hyderabad or the other way round is an 8 hours drive by this Solapur Gulbarga Chevella route?
I have no idea about this route. However, if the road conditions from Solapur-Hyd (NH9) are good, yes we can, as I have covered that stretch in ~3.5hrs(till Miyapur) last yr when the roads were good.
Old 26th October 2013, 11:32   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Yes thats correct and good roads

Quote:
I have no idea about this route. However, if the road conditions from Solapur-Hyd (NH9) are good, yes we can, as I have covered that stretch in ~3.5hrs(till Miyapur) last yr when the roads were good.
yes nh9 is the best route if it stays good but unfortunately in todays condition you are lucky if you cover it in 6.5hrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Thanks a lot for the update, ranjitp1. Was anxiously waiting for it as I had to travel to Sholapur and beyond.

Reduction in travel time by approximately 2 hrs is a definite plus. How is the traffic on this route?
traffic is light.
Old 26th October 2013, 17:07   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
yes nh9 is the best route if it stays good but unfortunately in todays condition you are lucky if you cover it in 6.5hrs
Are you saying 6.5hrs for Hyd-Solapur part of NH9 ??? In that case,it's a really sad situation to call it NH. Any idea which route the bus operators are using these days?
Old 31st October 2013, 15:53   #276
BHPian

Really getting nervous reading the updates. I am driving again tomorrow, wish me good luck
Old 31st October 2013, 17:58   #277
BHPian

Hi Ranjit,

I need one advise (I dont know whether its too late, I am planning to start tomorrow around 11am from Pune). Since, like other times I will be driving only with my wife, do you suggest to drive from Solapur to Hydrebad through Gulberga route during evening hours? Or better I start Saturday early morning 5am?

Thanks,
LivetoDrive
Old 31st October 2013, 18:18   #278
BHPian

[quote=21Archer84;3276366]Are you saying 6.5hrs for Hyd-Solapur part of NH9 ??? /QUOTE]

It will take you around 6 hours for the Hyd-Solapur with limited stops.

Another quick update on the NH9. I drove back to Hyderabad on the 20th of October and the Hyd-Solapur section has improved marginally. There were feeble attempts to repair the massive potholes in the SadashivPet-Zaheerabad sector so things are slightly better. Not sure if the recent rains have undone this effort.

The Karnataka sector, in an around Humnabad continues to be quite bad with no visible signs of any repair work being carried out. This now takes the crown for the worst stretch on this route.

Thanks for the Gulbarga route recommendation ranjitp1. I will try this out the next time I do this trip.
Old 31st October 2013, 18:34   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Hi Ranjit,

I need one advise (I dont know whether its too late, I am planning to start tomorrow around 11am from Pune). Since, like other times I will be driving only with my wife, do you suggest to drive from Solapur to Hydrebad through Gulberga route during evening hours? Or better I start Saturday early morning 5am?

Thanks,
LivetoDrive
Please check his response to my question on the thread below"

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erabad-17.html

Drive safe.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:57   #280
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Prashant shares the following images via email:

Quote:
Thought of sharing these pictures of Hyderabad-Pune NH-9 (Sadashivpet-Zaherabad)
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_113516.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_113541.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_113546.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_113712.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_121528.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_121542.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_121554.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_121559.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20131026_121611.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 18:27   #281
BHPian

Hi,

Here is my update after driving from Pune to Hydrebad on Friday (1st Nov) and coming back to Pune on Tuesday (5th Nov).

On Thursday, 31st October, I took detailed print outs of the route from Solapur to Hydrebad via Akkalkot, Gulberga, Sedam. Started around 11:45 am from Lohegaon, Pune and reached Solapur around 4:30PM without any trouble.

In Solapur, my GPS navigation took me through a bad route to reach Akkalkot. After a small rough patch for 5-10 KMs from Solapur, the rest 20KMs road was pretty good. After Akkalkot, road is completely damaged for the next 25KMs which took me around an hour to cross.

Almost when this dangerous patch was coming to an end, where locals also advised me to drive carefully to avoid a car breakdown, I could see a green board which looked like there is a toll booth nearby . The time was around 7PM. I was a bit tensed since I had no clue how far is Gulberga and I almost made my mind to stay in Gulberga that night. Seeing the toll sign board made me really frustrated. But to my surprise, after few meters, I found the bad road coming to a sudden end and a carpet is laid in front of me.

There was no stopping after that. I cruised to Gulberga around 8PM. Enjoyed a Shawarma in Kababish restaurant in Gulberga ORR. Then charged towards Hydrebad and reached at 11:30 PM. Covered almost 250KMs in just 3-4 hours.

I wish I could save this route in my navigator which could help me while coming back from Hyderabad. There are couple of bends without sign boards and while coming back I could not figure out the road from Gulberga to Akkalkot. So, drove through NH218 to Umerga and had to face the bad stretch of Mumbai Highway till Solapur.

All over it was a great experience and thanks to all particularly RanjitP for discovering this awesome route to Hyderabad.
livetodrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:11   #282
BHPian

Almost a month without any updates on this route? People stopped driving in this route or no change in the road conditions? Can someone throw some light?
As you know that the Solapur-Pune road is brilliant, I would be more concerned about the Hyd- Solapur road conditions.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:39   #283
BHPian

hello

could anyone of the fine gentlemen ,take sometime out to mark approximately the food joints /rest areas along this route . I am planning for a trip with my kid so I have to plan this in detail , Thanks in advance
Old 9th December 2013, 18:48   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost a month without any updates on this route? People stopped driving in this route or no change in the road conditions? Can someone throw some light?
As you know that the Solapur-Pune road is brilliant, I would be more concerned about the Hyd- Solapur road conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
hello

could anyone of the fine gentlemen ,take sometime out to mark approximately the food joints /rest areas along this route . I am planning for a trip with my kid so I have to plan this in detail , Thanks in advance
NH9 solapur-Hyd continues to be in shambles,no repairs begun till about 10days back.

No food joints or rest areas on this route.Biobreaks to answer natures call and carry packed food and water.

Alternate route via Akkalkot has a bad 20km stretch between Akkalkot and the KA border and can take upto one hour to cover the stretch depending on the type of vehicle.Rest of the route is in very good condition.

In short take the shatabdi if you can.
Old 9th December 2013, 19:15   #285
BHPian

thanks ranjitp1 , if it is only 20 km of bad stretch then I shall drive down ,

will have to stay at pune and then drive down to mumbai ., Will go through the alternate route, any other things to keep in mind on that route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks