Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 19:05   #346
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

A lot of us from Pune and Mumbai will be riding to Hyderabad on the 26th of september and returning on the 28th. It has been time and again said that NH9 is the route to take, however many of my fellow riders have suggested to take Pune-Bijapur-Hyderabad route as the road after solapur is lined with potholes. Can somebody give detailed road conditions now that there has been a lot of rain? Also, would like your suggestions regarding the Pune-Bijapur-Hyderabad route.
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:37   #347

Thanks everyone for NH9 update. I am planning Hyderabad to Jamnagar this Friday (26th Sep). I will be driving midnight hours from Pune to Mumbai, so please suggest the best route to connect at Mumbai Expressway.

Thanks,

Shreepal
Old 29th September 2014, 11:24   #348
BHPian

Pune-Hyderabad (NH9 / NH 65 Update): First and foremost the flyover on the railway crossing after Tembhurni is now OPEN !! That was the biggest highlight for me in this trip

Car : Fiat Punto (Gave FE of 21.9 kmpl for the trip )
Distance : 562 kms
Time : 10 hours including 3 halts (Solo drive)
Left Pune at : 8.30 am
Reached Gachibowli at : 6.30 pm

Pune Solapur as always remains a breeze. However this time I saw a lot more diversions than what I have seen earlier. Solapur-Naldurg-Umerga patch continues to be a pain. Naldurg has gotten worse. Post Umerga things remain smooth. Roads in Karnatak section are excellent.
Update on the four laning progress: Solapur - Hyderabad four laning work has been taken up on priority. In my previous drive I had seen work happening in the Karnataka patch. This time I saw work happening in Solapur-Umerga section and after entering Telangana too. Going by the uniforms of the labourers it seems L&T has been awarded the contract for all thes sections

Hope this update helps.

Amogh

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imag0359.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imag0361.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-imag0360.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th September 2014 at 07:44. Reason: As requested
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:45   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Pune-Hyderabad (NH9 / NH 65 Update): First and foremost the flyover on the railway crossing after Tembhurni is now OPEN !! That was the biggest highlight for me in this trip
Thanks for the update. The tembhurni stretch was always dreadful, good that the flyover has started.
I am planning to do the pune solapur circuit by car with wife and one year old. Any recommendations for good restaurants with clean washrooms on the way ?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th September 2014 at 07:45. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 29th September 2014, 11:51   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Thanks for the update. The tembhurni stretch was always dreadful, good that the flyover has started.
I am planning to do the pune solapur circuit by car with wife and one year old. Any recommendations for good restaurants with clean washrooms on the way ?
In Pune-Solapur stretch I have only stopped at Vitthal Kamat's at Mohol. This is around 40 kilometers before Solapur. Can vouch for the quality of food. Clean washrooms.

If you want to stop earlier (and in all probability you will!) there are plenty of hotels that you will see throughout Pune - Solapur stretch but I have never stopped at any of those. You could look at something near Bhigwan.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:31   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
The location where the old 4 laned toll road ends that begins at Hadapsar,there are a couple of restaurants on both sides of the road immediately after the toll booth.They are good.
Old 6th October 2014, 20:18   #352
BHPian

I drove from Hyderabad to Pune on Sunday October 5th - on my sweetie i20 on on NH65. Covered 560 kms from Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad to Orchid Hotel, Balewadi in 9 hours. Started at 8 am from Hyderabad - with lazy driving; touched Pune at 4 pm. It took an hour for me to reach Balewadi from Pune city (looks like I missed Pune-Mumbai highway bypass somewhere - but no regrets).

Absolutely comfortable driving conditions. At few places - no surpises about the road conditions. Enjoyed 250km Solapur - Pune stretch thoroughly. road around Tembhurni still a challenge but just matter of tme. Painfully careful about the careless bikers on the stretch. They drive on the right lane as if there is no one in the world can beat them ever and of ourse, with NO rearview mirror. Hence, it is your accountability to drive responsibly; not theirs.

Right after Zahirabad - the road was full of padestrians moving towards Durjapur (probably I didn't get thename right) to join Dussehra festival mela. They would have covered 100 km to reach the destination.

Humanabad and Zahirabad city drives remain painful.

Best part of the Solapur - Pune stretch is - plenty of gas stations plus restaurants. Absolotely hassle free drive.
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 22:25   #353
BHPian

Hyderabad - Pune update. Another one from me

Car : Fiat Punto
Route : NH9 / NH65
Left Gachibowli @ 8.00 am
Reached Kothrud @ 4.30 pm
Total Time : 8 hours 30 minutes
Number of stops : 1 (Hotel Gujarat near Basavakalyan for refueling)

This was the best time I have managed till date for this drive. Good part was I reached Hadapsar early (before the evening IT & office traffic rush starts) and therefore crossing Hadapsar was a breeze.
The patch up of the Naldurg Omerga patch has started. It is a temporary patch up though. They are using "Murum" (soft red stone) to fill up the potholes.
I guess once the four laning and Tembhurni bypass work is complete Pune - Hyderabad will be a 7 hour affair.
And now some bragging of the FE I managed in the trip

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-10644154_10154679677050385_1024066342621065174_o.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-1932637_10154679679145385_8618619592601779275_o.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-10497948_10154679678575385_503985264812775952_o.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-10348852_10154679677770385_6089821319669486474_o.jpg
Old 9th October 2014, 07:01   #354

Dear BHPians
I am planning on driving from Pune to Hyderabad on the 23rd, Diwali day. My son plays a tourney on the 24th. I was talking to a few friends and they keep saying that post Solapur the road conditions are bad. I have been reading the posts here and it does not sound that way. Anyone in the recent past having travelled this road with inputs please update.

Thanks

Iyerlax
Old 9th October 2014, 12:33   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyerlax View Post
Dear BHPians
I am planning on driving from Pune to Hyderabad on the 23rd, Diwali day. My son plays a tourney on the 24th. I was talking to a few friends and they keep saying that post Solapur the road conditions are bad. I have been reading the posts here and it does not sound that way. Anyone in the recent past having travelled this road with inputs please update.
You can see my post above. That answers the recent past bit of your question.

Unless a tornado or few missiles hit the road from now till 23rd the conditions are not going to get bad. In fact they might improve as they are fixing (albeit temporary fixes) the bad patches in between. Your friends are right if they say roads are not as good as Pune-Solapur but that does not mean the section after Solapur is outright bad. It's an old style two lane highway with a few bad patches in between.

If I were you I would do this:

- Leave Pune at 5 - 5.30 am
- Take first halt at Hotel Vitthal Kamat's @ Mohol for breakfast which is 30 kms before Solapur (If you maintain normal speeds you will reach Vitthal Kamat's by 8.30 - 9.00)
- Next refueling stop at HP Bunk (Hotel Gujarat) near Basavkalyan (You will reach here by 1-1.30 pm)
- Hit Outer Ringer Road (Hyderabad) by 3-3.30 pm

The only section that will cause some botheration is the Solapur-Naldurg-Omerga patch. But they are fixing it. Just that one patch is not a sane enough reason (according to me) to take 100+ km detours.

Budget for a 10 hour drive. I have done it non-stop in 8:30 hours (just a refueling stop)

It would also help to carry sandwiches / packed lunch from home. There are no good restaurants after Vitthal Kamat's till you reach Hyderabad (none that I know of atleast)

What car will you be driving?

Hope this helps.

Amogh

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 9th October 2014 at 12:41.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:40   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
You can see my post above. That answers the recent past bit of your question.
==========
Hope this helps.

Amogh
Thanks a ton Amogh for the quick reply. I am thinking on doing this because when looking for flight tickets it all looks way to expensive. I will be driving my Outlander. Its definitely a gas guzzler, but i have managed to get about 10 km/litre on and off. A road trip is always fun. I have started hitting the trails in India pretty late in my life. Now that i have tasted it i am kinda hooked on to it. Done Pune Chennai thrice. Will follow your instructions if we decide to drive.

BTW, I observed you are from Pune, where are you located?

Laxman
Old 9th October 2014, 13:11   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Amogh for the quick reply. I am thinking on doing this because when looking for flight tickets it all looks way to expensive. I will be driving my Outlander.

Laxman
Welcome to Team-BHP btw

Outlander !! Maan you need not worry about anything The roads are not much of an issue to you. D-R-I-V-E

Yeah flights and train both have gotten expensive. And then the moving around in Hyderabad ain't cheap either. Having your own car is the best option.

I stay in Kothrud.

Amogh
Old 9th October 2014, 14:50   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Amogh for the quick reply. I am thinking on doing this because when looking for flight tickets it all looks way to expensive. I will be driving my Outlander. Its definitely a gas guzzler, but i have managed to get about 10 km/litre on and off. A road trip is always fun. I have started hitting the trails in India pretty late in my life. Now that i have tasted it i am kinda hooked on to it. Done Pune Chennai thrice. Will follow your instructions if we decide to drive.

Laxman
If you are comfortable then a overnight drive has its pluses in terms of least random traffic. I've done Hyderabad Pune innumerable times in all weather conditions. My routine would be 11Pm start and 6.30 or 7 am at destination either ways with 1 munch stop each for me and car.
Old 14th October 2014, 13:35   #359
BHPian

Quote:

Laxman
I've done the HYD-Pune trip this sunday. I've started off at 7.45am in HYD at Gachibowli and reached Hadapsar by around 6pm. It took another 1.5hr to reach home through the city traffic.

It's a new Punto so I've put the speed limit beep at 90kmph and drove at a sedate 70-80kmph speed. I've stopped 3-4 times for a break as I was driving solo. The road conditions have definitely improved in the Karnataka section and your Outlander will obviously glide over the minor potholes

Timing is everything, in my opinion.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 17:25   #360
BHPian

I did the Hyderabad Pune trip on October 2nd (XUV500). Started off at 9:15 from BHEL and reached Hadapsar at 8pm. (More than three hours of break as I had my family with me.) Without breaks it took me around 8 hours to reach Hadapsar.

Road condition: Till Sholapur, it remains patchy and bad but quite motorable. They have started repairing the section between Humnabad and Zaheerabad. Now I guess NH9 throughout is the right option to take.

From Sholapur of course it is a breeze to Pune.
venuvedam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks