Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 19:33   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Anyone used the NH9 from Mumbai/ Pune to Hyderabad recently? Would be great to know the current road conditions so i can plan my trip accordingly, also is the highway 4 lane from any point onwards?
Old 26th December 2015, 14:02   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Anyone used the NH9 from Mumbai/ Pune to Hyderabad?
the mumbai to Sholapur section is great. Solapur to hyderabad is pretty average mostly. Some sections are bad but still manageable if you are driving before sun set. Budget for 13-15 hours of travel time. I mostly manage it in around 14 hours. Have a safe trip.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 14:55   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
the mumbai to Sholapur section is great. Solapur to hyderabad is pretty average mostly. Some sections are bad but still manageable if you are driving before sun set. Budget for 13-15 hours of travel time. I mostly manage it in around 14 hours. Have a safe trip.
Thanks for the update! Leaving early in the morning would save me some crucial time then, Also road after solapur is 2 lane? or 4?
Should reach by late evening if i leave early in the morning then.
Old 27th December 2015, 10:32   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Hey abhi,

Planning to take my bike to HYD from Pune tomorrow, kinda worried about this stretch. Any pointers with reference to 2 wheelers? FYI, its a Duke 200.

Thanks!
As long as you do this stretch in the daytime, it shouldn't be a problem
Given its a duke 200, overtaking manoeuvres shouldn't be a problem as long as oncoming headlights aren't switched on

Quote:
Anyone used the NH9 from Mumbai/ Pune to Hyderabad recently? Would be great to know the current road conditions so i can plan my trip accordingly, also is the highway 4 lane from any point onwards?
Tanveer - See here for an Update from this month
Pune-Solapur is 4 laned except a small stretch
Solapur Hyderabad is 2 lanes except a few small stretches
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3874525

Last edited by abhi182 : 27th December 2015 at 10:35.
abhi182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 23:07   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Hey Asivan,

My bull and I did the Pune-Hyd route this October. Took 11 hours to get to Hyderabad however did it in 8 1/2 hours on the way back (very few breaks). And take care of the duke rims ( not sure if they are as sturdy as the bullet rims) Hope this helps. Also, setup the suspension to something a little softer than your usual city commute setting.
PM me if you need more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
As long as you do this stretch in the daytime, it shouldn't be a problem
Given its a duke 200, overtaking manoeuvres shouldn't be a problem as long as oncoming headlights aren't switched on
Thanks for the info guys! it was a great help. Just got back to Pune, took 8.5 hrs from here to HYD, 9 on the way back. As you said, Pune to Solapur was great, the rest of it was quite bad except a few patches. Duke performed flawlessly, had a very good time on the good roads
Old 28th December 2015, 00:13   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Pune to Solapur was great, the rest of it was quite bad except a few patches.
I wish it was the other way around "quite good except few patches" if not good at least in decent shape. Will be driving down on 31st in my Fabia. Any words of caution? Can you share pics of the bad roads if you've any ?
Old 28th December 2015, 17:24   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
I wish it was the other way around "quite good except few patches" if not good at least in decent shape. Will be driving down on 31st in my Fabia. Any words of caution? Can you share pics of the bad roads if you've any ?
Okay here are my observations.

Pune to Solapur is fantastic, except for a small diversion stretch near Tembhurni. Otherwise the road is super smooth, easily doable in 3-4 hrs depending on your speed.

Once you take a left from the Solapur byepass on to the road towards Omerga, the road condition deteriorates rapidly. Especially from Solapur to 10kms after Naldurg is quite bad. It will be very difficult to maintain a good average speed here. Once you reach Omerga, the good sections start, i.e. with construction going on in 1 side, other "constructed roads" are opened for both way traffic. You will find a lot of diversions, interspersed with good and bad sections of roads. Karnataka stretch is mostly good, but please take care over the monumental speed breakers which have been constructed in a few places. Rest of the roads are pretty much similar, good and bad sections all mixed together. I would strongly suggest you to cover the stretch after solapur during daylight. Early start would be best as the small towns will also have less number of people on the roads.

Hope this helps!

Arvind
asivan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 17:39   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this helps!
Thanks asivan. That's more than I could ask for. I've planned to leave early ~5:30AM from Pune. So hoping to cross Solapur by 9AM. I'm well aware of the village traffic once the Sun is out.

It's surprising to see that we do not have alternate route options that are in better condition, to compensate for NH9. Wondering if it should even be called an NH, atleast the Solapur-Hyd stretch. Will share my views once I reach Hyd on 31st.
Old 28th December 2015, 17:52   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks asivan. That's more than I could ask for. I've planned to leave early ~5:30AM from Pune. So hoping to cross Solapur by 9AM. I'm well aware of the village traffic once the Sun is out.

It's surprising to see that we do not have alternate route options that are in better condition, to compensate for NH9. Wondering if it should even be called an NH, atleast the Solapur-Hyd stretch. Will share my views once I reach Hyd on 31st.
Haha, this is exactly the thought I had. There is ongoing construction by L&T in a few areas and I hope that this will be done in the coming year. However, there are a few sections where even earthwork has not started, looks like its going to be long wait for proper roads there.

I started from Pune at 5:00, crossed Hadapsar at 5:20 and reached solapur by 8:30. Finally reached hyderabad by 1:30 PM. But yes, me being on the bike would be faster between Solapur and HYD, but slower between Pune and Solapur.
Old 28th December 2015, 23:06   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, this is exactly the thought I had. There is ongoing construction by L&T in a few areas and I hope that this will be done in the coming year. However, there are a few sections where even earthwork has not started, looks like its going to be long wait for proper roads there.

I started from Pune at 5:00, crossed Hadapsar at 5:20 and reached solapur by 8:30. Finally reached hyderabad by 1:30 PM. But yes, me being on the bike would be faster between Solapur and HYD, but slower between Pune and Solapur.
Honestly, I feel it may not finish until the end of 2017. I know how slow the infra projects progress in MH, even if TS and KA stretch completes MH part would just be dug with MEN AT WORK boards.

Did you feel tired at any point in time, due to bad roads? Or did the duke just ate it all? I remember doing the solapur-hyd stretch,until miyapur, in about 3.5hrs 3yrs ago when that part of the road was in awesome condition. 5hrs on bike, meaning I have to plan for similar or little more time on the wheel.
Old 29th December 2015, 17:45   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, I feel it may not finish until the end of 2017. I know how slow the infra projects progress in MH, even if TS and KA stretch completes MH part would just be dug with MEN AT WORK boards.

Did you feel tired at any point in time, due to bad roads? Or did the duke just ate it all? I remember doing the solapur-hyd stretch,until miyapur, in about 3.5hrs 3yrs ago when that part of the road was in awesome condition. 5hrs on bike, meaning I have to plan for similar or little more time on the wheel.
Yeah it was a bit tiring due to the hard seat, especially in the bad stretches. I couldn't go really fast as I was worried about the rims and about getting punctures, thankfully neither caused any problems. I made it a point to take a 5 min break every 150 kms or so, that helped a lot. But I'm sure it will be way more comfortable in a car though
Old 30th December 2015, 11:12   #447
BHPian

Quote:
But I'm sure it will be way more comfortable in a car though
Not sure buddy. My car isn't in the best of its condition. Will share how my drive goes, tomorrow.

Last edited by 21Archer84 : 30th December 2015 at 11:20.
Old 30th December 2015, 19:53   #448
Senior - BHPian

The current road condition (29-12-2015) from solapur to Hyderabad via Omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad, Is worst really! This 220 km all the way till hyderabad is a pain to drive on, I will post a detailed update soon.

How is the road condition of the SH4 via kalaburagi - Akkalkot?

Its around 30-40 kms more but i really don't know the road condition, I have no clue even if its a single lane or double lane, Any help would be appreciated, Since it will help me make a decision while returning back.

Pune to Solapur is the best though. Work is Almost completed.
Old 30th December 2015, 21:01   #449
BHPian

Quote:
The current road condition (29-12-2015) from solapur to Hyderabad via Omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad, Is worst really! This 220 km all the way till hyderabad is a pain to drive on, I will post a detailed update soon.

How is the road condition of the SH4 via kalaburagi - Akkalkot?

Its around 30-40 kms more but i really don't know the road condition, I have no clue even if its a single lane or double lane, Any help would be appreciated, Since it will help me make a decision while returning back.

Pune to Solapur is the best though. Work is Almost completed.
Would you recommend taking an alternate route ? I'm starting early tomorrow.
Old 30th December 2015, 22:59   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would you recommend taking an alternate route ? I'm starting early tomorrow.
If you know anyone from Hyderabad contact them and ask about the SH 4 road condition, Its about 30 kms longer but could be worth it if the road is atleast not under construction or doesn't have lot of potholes.

Still if you cannot find out any information about the SH4, Keep aside atleast 5-6 hours only for the 220 kms stretch, Depending on how much can you abuse your car by going faster over bad roads, Also please start early to avoid driving on this stretch after sunset, Its really dangerous!

Please take the advice of not driving on this route in the night seriously.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 30th December 2015 at 23:01.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks