Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 11:42   #421
BHPian

Re: The Best Roads In India

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul_31 View Post
.. condition of the roads from solapur to hyderabad.
Atul, NH9 is not in great condition from Solapur to Hyd, but we don't have much of an alternate.
Ashwinbr has a detailed update above from last week of October.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 18:50   #422
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Guys I would be doing a solo drive from Pune to Hyderabad in December and I am contemplating on the route that I should take. I wanted to know, that if I am taking NH9 all the way, how many kilometres of bad road am I expecting from Solapur to Hyderabad?

My Punto has 185 mm of GC, so I dont think it would get scraped by the potholes in that bad patch. Nonetheless, it seems that I will have to be very vigilant. In short is it worth taking the other route (from Satara, NH4) that is around 150 kms longer?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2015, 14:05   #423
BHPian

Have a trip to Hyd coming up. Will be leaving around 6.30 am from Pune in 2 cars & would be back after 4 days.

Had earlier thought that we may be able to cover in 8 hours driving time - which is what was the average we did 4 yrs back - multiple trips. Going now after a long hiatus. Hearing the feedback looks like it will take a lot longer.

Any inputs on breakfast & lunch places would be welcome
Old 2nd December 2015, 00:44   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Have a trip to Hyd coming up. Will be leaving around 6.30 am from Pune in 2 cars & would be back after 4 days.

Had earlier thought that we may be able to cover in 8 hours driving time - which is what was the average we did 4 yrs back - multiple trips. Going now after a long hiatus. Hearing the feedback looks like it will take a lot longer.

Any inputs on breakfast & lunch places would be welcome
When are you leaving? I am also planning the same trip on 18-19th December. I have heard that Pune-solapur is a breeze and after that there are a lot of hiccups.
Old 2nd December 2015, 02:14   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
... In short is it worth taking the other route (from Satara, NH4) that is around 150 kms longer?

Thanks in advance.
Not quite sure on the route you are suggesting via Satara, you could always take Pune-Solapur (NH9) and then take the detour you are thinking which should overall be lesser.
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:04   #426
BHPian

Quote:
When are you leaving? I am also planning the same trip on 18-19th December. I have heard that Pune-solapur is a breeze and after that there are a lot of hiccups.
Leaving tomorrow & would be back on Sunday
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:19   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Leaving tomorrow & would be back on Sunday
Great. Please share your feedback whenever you get time. It would be really helpful for me. Thanks.
Old 8th December 2015, 09:58   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Great. Please share your feedback whenever you get time. It would be really helpful for me. Thanks.
The drive was fun. The driving time was a shade less than 8 hours. From Pune to Sholapur it is a breeze. There is work going on from Sholapur to Hyd (looks like will take a year or more for this stretch too to become good).

We caught the ORR from Patanchuru onwards. Around 560 Kms one way from NIBM to Gandipet (close to Golconda resorts).

Started early morning 5.30 am & reached around 3.15 pm with stops for tea, breakfast & lunch.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 17:21   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I would be doing a solo drive from Pune to Hyderabad in December and I am contemplating on the route that I should take. I wanted to know, that if I am taking NH9 all the way, how many kilometres of bad road am I expecting from Solapur to Hyderabad?

My Punto has 185 mm of GC, so I dont think it would get scraped by the potholes in that bad patch. Nonetheless, it seems that I will have to be very vigilant. In short is it worth taking the other route (from Satara, NH4) that is around 150 kms longer?

Thanks in advance.
I had done this road in my figo and it is not at all bad. I''m an impatient driver but also take care not to hurt my car and i could do decent speeds (40Kmph -70kmph). You have to extremely watchful for the craters like potholes which emerge suddenly out of nowhere. Except that you can very easily manage these roads.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 23:56   #430

Hi
I am planning for a Christmas weekend trip from Pune to Hyderabad with family for 2 days stay in Hyderabad. I am planning to start on Friday early morning, could you please help me with information for the below:

1. Best route from Pune to Hyderabad (looking at the above posts, looks like road from Pune to Solapur is good and afterwards its not. So which route is recommended from Solapur to Hyderabad?
2. Best place for breakfast, lunch and evening snacks.
3. Recommended hotel in Hyderabad with covered or basement car parking ( I do not want to park my car in open space and roadside parking). Looking for a decent budget hotel.
Old 16th December 2015, 00:51   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebeauty View Post
Hi
I am planning for a Christmas weekend trip from Pune to Hyderabad with family for 2 days stay in Hyderabad. I am planning to start on Friday early morning, could you please help me with information for the below:

1. Best route from Pune to Hyderabad (looking at the above posts, looks like road from Pune to Solapur is good and afterwards its not. So which route is recommended from Solapur to Hyderabad?
2. Best place for breakfast, lunch and evening snacks.
3. Recommended hotel in Hyderabad with covered or basement car parking ( I do not want to park my car in open space and roadside parking). Looking for a decent budget hotel.
There are two routes from Pune to Hyderabad.
AFAIK, both of them (Zaheerabad / Tandur) are almost similar. I would recommend the Zaheerabad road.

I don't think the trip will take so much time. You might need only one break and for that Solapur should be fine.
Old 16th December 2015, 15:41   #432
BHPian

Will be driving down on 31st, early morning. Will have to see how my little Fabia takes the roads. It took a couple of hits, driving over the potholes/craters last time(Close to a yr ago though). Hope the roads are better than last time.
Will be sticking to the NH9, as per suggestions from fellow BHPians. Anyone traveling before that can share their views of Caution for the Solapur-Hyd stretch.
Old 21st December 2015, 12:56   #433
BHPian

Did this route over the weekend
Pune - Solapur
The first 20 odd kms while getting out of Pune (Hadapsar onward) are narrow with heavy traffic but mostly manageable
The rest of the stretch is mostly good to very good except approx 10kms between Indapur and Tembhurni which is still under construction

Solapur - Hyderabad This stretch is best done during daylight hours - The narrow roads, diversions , potholes and the heavy traffic with blinding high beams coming from the opposite direction make this stretch quite dangerous during the night

It's a shame that such a major highway is in such a deplorable state
The sections around Naldurg are especially bad and so is the stretch from Zaheerabad onwards towards Hyderabad

The sections in Karnataka seem to be much further along for 4 laning and probably will be done in the next 1-2 years
As expected, the sections in Maharashtra are the most far behind with not even a semblance of any work in progress for more than half of the road

Quick note on the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad - We were going to Gachibowli and the ORR knocked off a good 45 mins from the travel time.
I hope town and city planners in MH, esp Pune could learn something from it

The trip took approx 11 hrs each way - you could subtract 1 hour if you are starting /ending in the vicinity of Hadapsar

Last edited by abhi182 : 21st December 2015 at 12:58.
abhi182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:14   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Did this route over the weekend

Solapur - Hyderabad This stretch is best done during daylight hours - The narrow roads, diversions , potholes and the heavy traffic with blinding high beams coming from the opposite direction make this stretch quite dangerous during the night

It's a shame that such a major highway is in such a deplorable state
The sections around Naldurg are especially bad and so is the stretch from Zaheerabad onwards towards Hyderabad

The sections in Karnataka seem to be much further along for 4 laning and probably will be done in the next 1-2 years
As expected, the sections in Maharashtra are the most far behind with not even a semblance of any work in progress for more than half of the road

Quick note on the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad - We were going to Gachibowli and the ORR knocked off a good 45 mins from the travel time.
I hope town and city planners in MH, esp Pune could learn something from it

The trip took approx 11 hrs each way - you could subtract 1 hour if you are starting /ending in the vicinity of Hadapsar
Hey abhi,

Planning to take my bike to HYD from Pune tomorrow, kinda worried about this stretch. Any pointers with reference to 2 wheelers? FYI, its a Duke 200.

Thanks!

Last edited by asivan : 24th December 2015 at 18:15. Reason: Details missed
Old 24th December 2015, 20:37   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Hey abhi,

Planning to take my bike to HYD from Pune tomorrow, kinda worried about this stretch. Any pointers with reference to 2 wheelers? FYI, its a Duke 200.

Thanks!
Hey Asivan,

My bull and I did the Pune-Hyd route this October. Took 11 hours to get to Hyderabad however did it in 8 1/2 hours on the way back (very few breaks). I had slowed down to speeds between 60 and 80 for the stretch after Solapur but it was more painful at those speeds. But could glide over the potholes with rather ease when I rode at around 90kmph. There wasn't much traffic so could easily maintain this speed.
Words of caution though, you will need to slow down wherever you find a village or small town, be extra vigilant at places where 2 lane work is going on as there is lot of diversion of traffic and you will suddenly see oncoming traffic . And take care of the duke rims ( not sure if they are as sturdy as the bullet rims) Hope this helps. Also, setup the suspension to something a little softer than your usual city commute setting.
PM me if you need more info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks