Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:56   #406
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Guys, Can someone who's driven on NH9 update on the road condition of Hyd-Solapur stretch, ...
The work on this stretch has been going on forever, which is a bit of a problem.
But its suggested to stick to NH9 only for Hyd-Solapur for the lack of any better option.
Old 12th October 2015, 19:45   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
The work on this stretch has been going on forever, which is a bit of a problem.
But its suggested to stick to NH9 only for Hyd-Solapur for the lack of any better option.
Friends, planning a trip to Mumbai on the 15 Oct and appreciate the update on 23 Sep above. Your valuable inputs sought on the Gulbarga - Solapur route? Is that a better option by any chance? I have already been on this route until Gulbarga and I hoping this is still the same (which was good). I plan to leave at 5AM with a hope to reach Mulund by 6PM. I will be travelling with kids and dont really mind fighting the 'possibly' single laned road if this was any better to NH9 and if that makes sense!
Old 12th October 2015, 23:15   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
...Your valuable inputs sought on the Gulbarga - Solapur route? Is that a better option by any chance? ...
Are you starting from Gulbarga??

Otherwise if you are starting from Hyd, then instead of setting off towards Gulbarga, its best take NH9 to reach Solapur directly.
Its not in best of shape, but it still better of the other available combinations.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 08:45   #409
BHPian

Thank you Deep. I am starting from Hyderabad. I shall post an update for the benefit of others here after I reach Mumbai
Old 16th October 2015, 08:26   #410
BHPian

Guys, any suggestions on places for breakfasrt and lunch on the way? I intend to start at 6am and i shall be travelling with my home minister and kids and moreover this is my first time on this route!
Old 16th October 2015, 08:53   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any suggestions on places for breakfasrt and lunch on the way? I intend to start at 6am and i shall be travelling with my home minister and kids and moreover this is my first time on this route!
Khan chacha at solapur
Old 16th October 2015, 11:22   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Khan chacha at solapur
Any pointers where tentatively that is? .. I am assuming its before we take turn towards bypass.
Old 16th October 2015, 18:09   #413
Senior - BHPian

Actually once you enter the highway (Solapur TO Pune of course, Hyd to Solapur doesn't deserve being called a highway), you will be greeted with lots of large sign boards of Restaurant - I think one of the most prominent is Kamat (veg) and it lies on the Pune to Solapur side so you will have to take a U turn. Khan Chacha (non veg) will come earlier while going Hyd to Pune and is on the Hyd to Pune side.

You won't go wrong with any of the restaurant who have spend huge amount on advertisement They make money because people find them acceptable.

Last edited by alpha1 : 16th October 2015 at 18:14.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 16:38   #414
BHPian

I am planning to make a trip to Hyderabad around Diwali time. Since I will be there for 4-5 days, driving down definitely seems to be the most logical option, considering that i have a family of five.

I had done a trip last year too, and had found the Solapur-Hyderabad stretch manageable for most part, and iffy & sometimes quite bad during certain stretches. From the feedback on this thread I get a feeling that it has gone down a bit. Thats a shame.

For some reason the Solapur - Hyderabad stretch doesnt seem to get much patronage from the political class to push it through. Perhaps its because it passes through three states and has somewhat become an orphan of sorts. Overall, the highway continues to suffer.

I think i will need to account for 10 to 11 hours at least, for the trip. Will start early, by 5 am or so, and hope to pass Solapur by around 9 or latest by 10.. Will 6 hours from there to Hyderabad be reasonable?
Old 19th October 2015, 16:49   #415
BHPian

Quote:
A 6 am start from Hyderabad would mean that you would reach Zaheerabad anywhere between 7.30 top 8 am. This again depends on which part of Hyderabad you would start your journey.

Ghar Dhaba- COCO BP Outlet is a good option. This is just before entering Zaheerabad and falls on your left while doing Hyderabad-Pune.

You should reach Temburni around 1.30 to 1.45 pm. Hotel Jagdamba and Atithi Inn would come just before entering Temburni town. Both these are Veg hotels.

I travelled on this route on 16th and 18th Oct. through Temburni and beyond to Ahmednagar and Shirdi. Road conditions from Hyderabad to Sholapur are in a sad state with roads being rutted and broken in the entire stretch post Sangareddy. Though the potholes have been filled up, the patch work is uneven and calls for very cautious driving.

It took me 6 hrs to reach Sholapur.

Last edited by zen91 : 19th October 2015 at 16:56.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:51   #416
BHPian

Friends

Thanks much for your pointers. I have completed the trip to Mumbai and I guess accounting for all odds (read: the roads) until Solapur, this is probably the best option available to us if anyone is going to Pune or Mumbai from Hyderabad.

Onward was a bit hectic as the roads are pretty unknown to anyone travelling for the first time.
Left home at 7:15AM reached Solapur at 1 pm (including a 1 hr stop in between for breakfast, refreshments and some snaps). Lunch @ Khan Chacha (excellent stop for lunch ). I went to the one that was somwehere inside the city, family found the one on the highway to be dirtt. Back on the highway @ 1:45 (traffic chaos at its heights in Solapur) reaching Hadapsar @ 5:30 (with a 15 mins break for tea). Pune traffic was real bad (Managed to reach Hinjewadi only at 6:45pm). Stayed at a friends house and left for Mumbai the next day after a good Sat night (you know what I mean )

Return from Mumbai
Started at 6:15 AM from Mulund and reached home at 6:30 pm (Kokapet, Hyd). Breakfast @ food plaza just before Pune at 8 AM, Stuck in Pune traffic from 8:45AM till 10 AM ( to reach Hadapsar), Lunch @ Vithal Kamats at 12:30 (25kms before Solapur), tea at 4 pm @ Hotel Gujarat somewhere near Basavakalyan

Some Pics for your reference (Only the Hyd - Solapur stretches). I think the others would be irrelevant considering roads are great

Overall very UNEVEN with heavy to very heavy Truck and Village traffic albeit some small good stretches (4 landing is complete but not fully open)

As most of you noticed, there are 'Men At Work' sign boards all through the stretch until Solapur however, in most cases (80%?) neither men nor work is happening (Of course! how can work happen when there are NO men!!?). I would assume anywhere between 3-4 yrs for the entire stretch to be ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-p_20151021_1540311.jpg  

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-p_20151021_1422281.jpg  

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-p_20151021_1435551.jpg  

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-p_20151017_1156211.jpg  

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-p_20151021_1309141.jpg  

Ashwinbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 14:43   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
A 6 am start from Hyderabad would mean that you would reach Zaheerabad anywhere between 7.30 top 8 am. This again depends on which part of Hyderabad you would start your journey.

Ghar Dhaba- COCO BP Outlet is a good option. This is just before entering Zaheerabad and falls on your left while doing Hyderabad-Pune.

You should reach Temburni around 1.30 to 1.45 pm. Hotel Jagdamba and Atithi Inn would come just before entering Temburni town. Both these are Veg hotels.

I travelled on this route on 16th and 18th Oct. through Temburni and beyond to Ahmednagar and Shirdi. Road conditions from Hyderabad to Sholapur are in a sad state with roads being rutted and broken in the entire stretch post Sangareddy. Though the potholes have been filled up, the patch work is uneven and calls for very cautious driving.

It took me 6 hrs to reach Sholapur.
Hi, Please tell me the condition of the route until Shirdi because I'm planning to go to Nashik taking right turn from Tembhurni.

Thanks.
Old 29th October 2015, 16:27   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Hi, Please tell me the condition of the route until Shirdi because I'm planning to go to Nashik taking right turn from Tembhurni.

Thanks.
After you take the right at Temburni towards Ahmednagar, the first 60 odd Kms until Karmala and slightly beyond, is not in the best of condition. The four lane work is going on for quite some time and requires you to be careful while driving on this stretch.

Some of the sections near Karmala are in bad shape and slows you down considerably. Be watchful at intersections of the old and the new road.

After Karmala, it is an undivided highway, but the road surface is descent and speed up to 80 kmph can be maintained.

Upon reaching Ahmednagar, you have the option of going through the city of take the bypass. The bypass is in good condition.

Road from Ahmednagar to Shirdi is completely four lane now and is in excellent condition.

Last edited by zen91 : 29th October 2015 at 16:28.
Old 29th October 2015, 23:11   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Hi, Please tell me the condition of the route until Shirdi ...

Thanks.
Nitin .. you may want to check this thread for more discussion upon Hyd-Shirdi routes:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3755666
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 20:18   #420

Re: The Best Roads In India

Dear Friends,
I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Hyderabad next week. I know the road upto solapur is good, but am unaware about condition of the roads from solapur to hyderabad. Can anyone help me with the info?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks