Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 22:51   #361
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyerlax View Post
Dear BHPians
I am planning on driving from Pune to Hyderabad on the 23rd, Diwali day.
All set? Do update the conditions when you complete the drive.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 06:40   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
All set? Do update the conditions when you complete the drive.
Thanks Amogh. Seems like there will be some change in plans due to my son's Tournament schedule. We are waiting for confirmation from the organisers. Will keep you posted.

Laxman
Old 24th October 2014, 10:10   #363
BHPian

I did a Pune-Hyderabad trip this week. Returned from Hyderabad yesterday.

Started from Viman Nagar, Pune at around 6.30 and reached Patancheru at around 5 pm. We had three breaks in total, amounting to around 1 hr 30 min or so.

We had to reach Secunderabad, and it was a real pain driving down to Secunderabad from Patancheru... it took us around 1 hour and 30 min in very dense traffic. Was quite tired by the time we reached the destination. Should have taken the outer ring road to avoid the mess on the Mumbai Highway especially around the Kukatpalli area.

While coming back, we started at 6.30 and reached Viman Nagar at 4.30 - with around 1 hr break overall. The return drive was much easier as the traffic was comparatively thin.

Pune-Solapur stretch is now regular NH four-lane fare, with flyovers and bypasses through towns. One has to drive through Tembhurni town though, and there is a small two lane stretch on both sides of the town - I think they are planning a bypass for the town. A few diversions closer to Solapur as well. Overall quite a breeze to drive.

Solapur-Hyderabad has quite a few iffy sections - broken road surfaces, a pothole here and there - overall you have to drive a bit cautiously , but not a show-stopper by any means. There are a one or two really bad areas where you have to slow down to crawling speeds.

However, overall the Solapur-Hyderabad stretch is quite manageable if you keep sane speeds.

Last edited by Bigzero : 24th October 2014 at 10:11.
Bigzero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 00:12   #364

Dear BHPians,

Anyone did Pune - Hyd recently? I am planning to start on Monday morn, I am planning to drive bimmer 520d but have the option of taking fortuner if roads are bad. Any advice from someone who drove recently? All tips are welcome ... Many thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 13:36   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan View Post
Dear BHPians,

Anyone did Pune - Hyd recently? I am planning to start on Monday morn, I am planning to drive bimmer 520d but have the option of taking fortuner if roads are bad. Any advice from someone who drove recently? All tips are welcome ... Many thanks
Solapur-Hyd road is bad.Should take you around 5-6hrs irrespective of the type of vehicle.
Old 28th December 2014, 13:51   #366

Thanks Ranjit but does that mean Fortuner will be a safer bet then. I am split between what car considering Fortuner always ends up winning and between the two Fortuner is now average 4x more on odometer
Old 28th December 2014, 22:06   #367
BHPian

I did a Hyderabad - Pune drive this week (via NH9). The road conditions as described by the others can be broken down into two parts:

I - Hyderabad - Solapur: This is an "old" style (2 Lane) National Highway, with road conditions ranging from OK to Poor. Work on broadening the NH seem to be ongoing but at snail's pace. Depending on the vehicle you are driving and your tolerance, you can maintain an average speed of around 50-60KMPH.

II - Solapur - Pune: This is a super smooth, 4 lane modern AH/NH with periodic toll booths. Fun to drive and one can easily maintain 80-100 KMPH average speed.

I started from Himayatnagar at 05:30 and reached Magarpatta City at 13:40, this is with 2 short breaks.
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 12:50   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan View Post
Thanks Ranjit but does that mean Fortuner will be a safer bet then. I am split between what car considering Fortuner always ends up winning and between the two Fortuner is now average 4x more on odometer
Whatever has a better ground clearance and better shock absorbertake that.
Old 30th December 2014, 07:37   #369
BHPian

How is the road between Zahirabad and Humnabad?
Is it filled with potholes?
Old 15th January 2015, 12:16   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post

I started from Himayatnagar at 05:30 and reached Magarpatta City at 13:40, this is with 2 short breaks.
8 hours

This is by far the best timing I have seen in this thread so far. Which vehicle were you driving?
Old 15th January 2015, 13:24   #371
BHPian

Quote:
8 hours

This is by far the best timing I have seen in this thread so far. Which vehicle were you driving?

Ford Endeavour 4X4 Automatic.

The vehicle aside, in my opinion it is about maintaining a steady speed and not taking too many breaks.
Old 15th January 2015, 15:23   #372
BHPian

Quote:
8 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post

Ford Endeavour 4X4 Automatic.

The vehicle aside, in my opinion it is about maintaining a steady speed and not taking too many breaks.
Common buddy, even the car matters a lot on a pothole filled road. Endeavour or any SUV can take the bad roads nicely than other sedans and hatches. Will you deny that now?
Old 15th January 2015, 15:28   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Common buddy, even the car matters a lot on a pothole filled road. Endeavour or any SUV can take the bad roads nicely than other sedans and hatches. Will you deny that now?
Nope, I will not deny that .

In fact, my reason for buying a SUV was not to go off-roading, but to use it on our pothole filled roads without being bothered much.
Old 15th January 2015, 16:11   #374
BHPian

I used to drive this route very often back n forth 4 to 6 time a month 3 yrs back. Always proffered this route at night. 7.5 hrs no break. Though i flew few feet in between zahirabad and solapur stretches. fun ride
Old 16th January 2015, 10:29   #375
BHPian

Started at 3:40AM on 10'Jan from Kharadi and reached BHEL by 1:00PM , but Balanagar (home) only by around 2:30PM due to traffic.

Road conditions after Solapur until Telangana border are pretty bad but you can maintain decent speeds of ~80kmph even in a hatch. 4 lane work in progress after solapur though in initial phase. Once completed this can be a 7-7.5hrs drive or even less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks