Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 18:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Are there any July updates to this PUN-HYD thread?
I plan on running on this route in a day or two! I will be driving down with family- wife knows how to drive but I won't let her drive this route, at least not till we hit the 4 lanes.
Can this route be done in one stretch, non stop by a single driver.
Otherwise I plan to do a late evening start from PUN, do a night halt at Solapur & then proceed the next day to HYD. But, on the way back there is no halt- have to hit it in one go.

-Kartik
Easily doable in one drive.Pune-Hyd would not take you more than 10hours.Approx 550kms,we do this stretch on a M800 almost on a monthly basis!!

Pune-Solapur: 250kms
Solapur-Hyd:300kms

4 lane begins approx 60kms before Hyd at Sangareddy.Until then its the traditional single lane highway.

Loni on NH9 till about Indapur,the road is all dug up for 4laning.Work in progress in full swing,wouldnt advise night driving on this stretch,would be very stressful as the road shoulders are no longer existing.

Solapur-Hyd varies from excellent to good to bad at some stretches,but overall would rate it as good,sppeds of 80-90 can easily be maintained.

The other option is to come via Narayanpur-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur-NH9-Solapur,But there are a lot of bad stretches on this route as well.

Instead of starting late evening,do an early morning start approx around 3-4am,you would be in Hyd for lunch by 1pm.

Eating and rest option hardly exist,Solapur is the only decent place.

Please remember to carry original documents(license,RC,Pollution,Insurance)as Solapur cops are always on the prowl!!

Have a safe drive.

PS:Please carry cash as none of the pumps accept cards except one or two in Solapur,that too they would tell you their machine is out of order.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:52   #17
BHPian

Hi,

I am thinking of doing Hyd - Pune in my car on the 8th Oct Weekend.

I just wanted to know what is the state of the roads. Has anyone done this road in the recent part, as its been raining pretty hard for the last week months in Hyd.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by changaez View Post
Hi,

I am thinking of doing Hyd - Pune in my car on the 8th Oct Weekend.

I just wanted to know what is the state of the roads. Has anyone done this road in the recent part, as its been raining pretty hard for the last week months in Hyd.

Thanks in advance.
Just did the route 2 days back and the entire NH9 is in shambles.Drive only if you must drive else take a train.

Pune-Indapur: 4 laning in progress,no road shoulder,existing road heavily potholed.

Indapur-Solapur:The only good stretch,not excellent,but good.

Solapur-Zaheerabad:Heavily potholed,especially between Solapur & Homnabad.

Zaheerabad-Hyd: Good roads and excellent road after Sangareddy all the way till Hyderabad.

Pune to Hyd should take you around 11hours of drive due to existing road conditions.Do not drive this stretch in the dark.Try and do a 6am departure from Hyd which would let you see the potholes in daylight!

To avoid the traffic and potholes from Indapur,go via Baramati,its slightly better but far less traffic as compared to NH9.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit for the update,

I think i will skip it this time, i was planning it to be a pleasure ride, and from what you are indicating the road looks like a mess.

I was planning to do pretty my late afternoon start from hyd and halt Solapur and start the next day, may be some other time.

cheers
Old 21st December 2010, 16:12   #20
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hi,

I am planning HYD-PUNE on 27th Dec. Planning to start early morning around 6 from HYD.

HVK Sir, and others, reuest you for information on this route and the road conditions.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun View Post
Hi,

I am planning HYD-PUNE on 27th Dec. Planning to start early morning around 6 from HYD.

HVK Sir, and others, reuest you for information on this route and the road conditions.

Thanks in advance.
6am from hyd would mean you would reach Hadapsar by 4-5pm.Route is good in patches,not a great drive.
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:27   #22
BHPian

@Zoomsun
I just came back from Hyderabad to Pune last Sunday.

My suggestions:
  • See if you can start a little earlier. You will completely avoid the traffic within Hyd and that will easily gain you some time. I started at 5:00 AM from Ameerpet and was in Solapur at 10:45 AM. Never crossed 100 kmph and it was a steady & calm drive.
  • The road is okay. It is really good in patches and REALLY bad in patches too. Unfortunately there is no warning as the road moves from good to bad; so exercise caution.
  • There is a section in KA which is full of small potholes. Though you can still drive at 80 kmph, it is not a pleasant drive and I'm sure the shock abs will be cursing you
  • The drive through the towns like Zaheerabad, Humnabad etc will slow you down
  • The road in Maharashtra as soon as you enter Umarga is nothing to be proud about; and yet you can still drive 90.
  • As soon as you cross Solapur the traffic increases considerably. Its as if the whole town is driving betwen Solapur and Pune. While going to Hyd it was a Wednesday and therefore the traffic was worse. On the way back to Pune it was slightly less as it was a Sunday. Maybe also because I was driving in the afternoon on this stretch.
  • But this traffic will really slow you down. To make matters worse the road is being converted to four lane and thus you will be diverted between the new road (good) and old road (bad). Another reason you will be slowed down.
  • There are three railway crossing on the road where the road width reduces considerably and thus causes a traffic jam. Got stuck on all three while going to Hyd but was considerably lucky on all three on the way back to Pune
  • The patch nearer to Pune is four laned and that is really good.
  • I was in Pune (Khadki) at 5:15 PM. Took one break of 45 minutes at Solapur.
  • Overall a an okay drive. The two most scenics spots were the Naldurg fort and the Bheema river basin between Tembhurni & Bhigwan
Old 27th December 2010, 20:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

I planned to do a run on the NH9 tomorrow morning , was thinking of taking my Swift. From the posts here, think the road is pretty much in shambles, atleast upto Solapur.
My mom hates the ride quality of my Swift on a good day, dont want her to start hating the car because of this trip.
Old 28th December 2010, 11:19   #24
BHPian

Did Pune-Solapur on Sunday. One of the most pathetic stretch I have ever done so far.. Reminded me of the Chikhli-Mutijapur-Akola and Mumbai-Nashik (when the road was not widened). The combination of heavy traffic and real bad road makes it pretty tiring. It took us almost 8 hours from Kothrud, Pune to Sholapur, started around 12 noon and reached at 8pm.

On the way back, we took an alternate route. Solapur-Indapur-Pandharpur-Maalshiraj-Phaltan-Lonand-Shirwal-Pune. This was a better route, though not the best, just a bit longer (15-20kms) and you get to cover-up on NH8 starting from Shirwal. The traffic is very sparse, road condition is okay 9not the best), bad stretch between Lonand and Shirwal due to 4 laning.

EDIT: You also get to skip Hadapsar by this route, that it self was a big relief as I stay at Aundh.

Last edited by cyclops : 28th December 2010 at 11:21.
Old 28th December 2010, 17:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ouch. But it looks like I may have to push ahead with it any way. I hope its not totally unmotorable.
Will leaving home early , say 6-6.30 AM help to some extent ?
Cannot take the Phaltan route because there was once an armed robbery attempt on my parents on a deserted stretch.
Old 28th December 2010, 20:34   #26
BHPian

The phaltan route is more than 50kms longer and I dont think you will be able to make up time on that route. I feel, Solapur-Pune direct route is better even though the condition is bad

Yes, the phaltan route is best avoided during Nights. For that matter the area 100kms after Solapur (In the direct pune solapur road - NH9) is also best avoided during nights when there is no traffic.
Old 28th December 2010, 20:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies cyclops and himavanth_m.
I will stick to NH9 (direct Pune Solapur) route, will try to start early in the day, and hope for the best.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:47   #28
BHPian

@ptushar,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Duly Noted.

I did Hyderabad-Pune on 30th Dec. The roads are pretty good and do-able almost till solapur. But after solarpur-indapur, the roads turn horribly bad and the traffic increases. Took 13 hrs for the entire trip. Was totally exhausted.
Old 11th January 2011, 16:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun

I did Hyderabad-Pune on 30th Dec. The roads are pretty good and do-able almost till solapur. But after solarpur-indapur, the roads turn horribly bad and the traffic increases. Took 13 hrs for the entire trip. Was totally exhausted.
Ouch!

I am planning a Pune Hyderabad drive this weekend, and this update is not very encouraging!

I am thinking of a slight detour-google maps tells me that it will be approx 20 km longer. Picture attached below. Any thoughts on the road conditions, anyone? basically bypasses Indapur, Solapur etc.

Replies will be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-map.jpg  

Last edited by Bigzero : 11th January 2011 at 16:24.
Old 11th January 2011, 17:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
I am thinking of a slight detour-google maps tells me that it will be approx 20 km longer. Picture attached below. Any thoughts on the road conditions, anyone? basically bypasses Indapur, Solapur etc.
Replies will be greatly appreciated!

@Bigzero,

route you had posted is good if you want some experience of third world roads.
you will not cross 30km/hr from kurkumbh to tuljapur.
I wonder, is there any route from kurkumbh to rasin avoiding bhigwan?
I hope, the diversion from NH9 shown in the map is at patas via dound to rasin.
Btw, kurkumbh and bhigwan are 30 and 25 km away from my place respectively.
If you are travelling by suv having enough courage, patience and time, then take the route you mentioned.

Otherwise, NH9 is the only option at this time.[ brick is softer than stone].

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 11th January 2011 at 17:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks