Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 08:08   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Road Condition - Bangalore - Yercaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
No bypass at Uthangarai. Also, there are no good/average hotels at Harur/Uthangarai. Even hotels at Tirupattur are average.
Harur town seemed big enough. They should be some decent thing available ?
Or the other option is take a break at Arya Bhavani/CCD before Pallikonda toll booth and then exit the GQ.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 10:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Harur town seemed big enough. They should be some decent thing available ?
Or the other option is take a break at Arya Bhavani/CCD before Pallikonda toll booth and then exit the GQ.
I tried with some hotels couple of times at Harur. Every time they failed me. Personally I would prefer to take break on GQ itself.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 13:43   #108
BHPian

I would be driving to Yercaud this weekend(11 Jan 14) and would just like to confirm on the route.

I would be starting from Whitefield and then taking the ORR towards Electronic City. The route Google suggests is Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Yercaud. Is this still the best route to travel on, with family including a 2 year old, in a Ford Figo? What is the best time to start from home?

Google:https://www.google.co.in/maps/previe...m1!1e1&fid=0i1

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 10th January 2014 at 13:56.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:26   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
The route Google suggests is Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Yercaud. Is this still the best route to travel on, with family including a 2 year old, in a Ford Figo?
Yes the route via Salem is the best possible option.

Quote:
What is the best time to start from home?
Distance wise its just about 4 hours to cover 200/220 km The issue is that its a long weekend. Expect the highway to be full (Including Attebele toll and A2B at Shoolagiri as well!)

I would suggest if you can drive past Sarjapur to Hosur via Bagalur through NH207 it would be good. That would also give you a breather as you can then start at leisure (say 7AM).

Here is the altered route :

Route Link

It would also be good to break after Krishnagiri.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the route via Salem is the best possible option.

Distance wise its just about 4 hours to cover 200/220 km The issue is that its a long weekend. Expect the highway to be full (Including Attebele toll and A2B at Shoolagiri as well!)

I would suggest if you can drive past Sarjapur to Hosur via Bagalur through NH207 it would be good. That would also give you a breather as you can then start at leisure (say 7AM).

Here is the altered route :

It would also be good to break after Krishnagiri.
Thank You. However, I have not heard good words about that Varthur Road. It seems to be in real bad condition. Will confirm on that this evening and take a call. I am planning to start early, around 5:30 - 6:00am, not later.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:56   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank You. However, I have not heard good words about that Varthur Road. It seems to be in real bad condition. Will confirm on that this evening and take a call. I am planning to start early, around 5:30 - 6:00am, not later.
If you start early morning; Vathur road from Forum to Dommasandra is just about OK. Its not that big a problem. And early morning (say 7AM) you should be easily able to go through Varthur town. Sarjapur-Baglur-Hosur is not Varthur road but NH207, which is very good.
Old 10th January 2014, 15:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry. Varthur road is in its best condition in years. All the potholes/craters/mines have been closed recently. And at so early in the morning, your biggest worry should be fog.

This road is a part of my daily route to office, so you can trust me
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 19:45   #113
BHPian

Quote:
If you start early morning; Vathur road from Forum to Dommasandra is just about OK. Its not that big a problem. And early morning (say 7AM) you should be easily able to go through Varthur town. Sarjapur-Baglur-Hosur is not Varthur road but NH207, which is very good.
Great. That sounds great. Route fixed then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Don't worry. Varthur road is in its best condition in years. All the potholes/craters/mines have been closed recently. And at so early in the morning, your biggest worry should be fog.

This road is a part of my daily route to office, so you can trust me
Fog. Any solution? Will stock fog lamps make life easier? Do you live close by or come here for work?

MaSh
Old 10th January 2014, 19:52   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I would be driving to Yercaud this weekend(11 Jan 14) and would just like to confirm on the route. I would be starting from Whitefield and then taking the ORR towards Electronic City. The route Google suggests is Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Yercaud. Is this still the best route to travel on, with family including a 2 year old, in a Ford Figo? What is the best time to start
If your hotel check in is at 12, 7am start would be sufficient. You should reach by 11.30, with couple of breaks....
nssrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 20:27   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Great. That sounds great. Route fixed then.
Only point : You will have to endure: 500m of un paved roads to cross Sarjapur I hope you are aware about it. I still its worth it. (Route Link)

A way to avoid this is to go through narrow road of Sarjapur town :
Route Link

Its easy to use this. But since its narrow there are chances of a jam once in a while. But early morning I don't expect it.

Last edited by ampere : 10th January 2014 at 20:28.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:52   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fog. Any solution? Will stock fog lamps make life easier? Do you live close by or come here for work?

MaSh
Don't worry. Follow typical unwritten highway rules. Watch out for trucks without tail lights.

Yes, I live near Sarjapur and work near KR Puram.

Tomorrow wife wants to go to Chikkatirupati at 5 am. If we manage to do that, I will let you know the road condition around Sarjapur at that time.
Old 10th January 2014, 21:59   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Don't worry. Follow typical unwritten highway rules. Watch out for trucks without tail lights.

Yes, I live near Sarjapur and work near KR Puram.

Tomorrow wife wants to go to Chikkatirupati at 5 am. If we manage to do that, I will let you know the road condition around Sarjapur at that time.
OT : Chikka Tirupathi opens at 5 AM ? I thought it opens by 6:30/7 ?
Early morning going through Sarjapur is quite easy. Its just that one needs to known which road to take.
Old 11th January 2014, 13:35   #118
BHPian

Updating from Yercaud. There was a small accident right at the varthur lake junction, so just took the right and came via Orr.

Brilliant roads except for a few kms before Krishnagiri. Truck traffic ruined the fun though. We did a non stop drive from Bangalore to Yetcaud. Spotted 2 tbhp cars, a white i20, waved and a dark grey Figo. Lots of Figos On the way.

7:15am - Crossed Forum Value mall. 12:20pm checked into resort, right beside Lady Seat.
Old 7th February 2014, 23:53   #119
BHPian

I am planning a group ride from Bangalore.
I or rather we wish to take this route
Bangalore -krishnagiri-dharmapuri-harur-pagoda point-yercaud-Salem-krishnagiri-Bangalore.

A group of 25 bikers will riding.
Any good place for lunch in yercaud or Salem with parking space for 25 bikes?

I want to know if dharmapuri-harur-yercaud roads are is in good condition?
Also any other suggests is welcome.

Last edited by Akhilash95 : 8th February 2014 at 00:13.
Old 8th February 2014, 08:23   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
I am planning a group ride from Bangalore.
I or rather we wish to take this route
Bangalore -krishnagiri-dharmapuri-harur-pagoda point-yercaud-Salem-krishnagiri-Bangalore.

A group of 25 bikers will riding.
Any good place for lunch in yercaud or Salem with parking space for 25 bikes?

I want to know if dharmapuri-harur-yercaud roads are is in good condition?
Also any other suggests is welcome.
Why would you want to do Dharmapuri-Harur? You can very well drive down to Salem and take the Kuppanur route to Yercaud.

Also, you get lot of hotels in Salem with ample parking facility. Check at A2B or Hotel Ganesh Mahal near the Central bus stand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks