Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 10:07   #1
BHPian

Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

I will travel to Nagpur from Pune for Diwali vacation with my Palio. Last Diwali I had travlled in my friend's M800. But this time I am traveling with my family and one more friend with his Esteem. We are thinking of leaving Pune in mid night 3 AM.

I know the normal rout Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Chikhli-Khamgaon-Akola-Amravati-Nagpur

I have heard that Akola-Amravati rout is not good and there is an alternative for this rout.
I also have heard there is one more alternative from Aurangabad, road is good.

Can anyone suggest me the road condition and if there is any other alternative. I bought Maharashtra road map but not getting any better idea.
Old 5th November 2007, 10:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

The normal route is the best route notwithstanding the Akola-Amaravathi section. None of the other routes are direct.
Old 5th November 2007, 10:27   #3
BHPian

Thanks hv, does anybody has any more info will be appriciated.
Old 13th November 2007, 19:24   #4
BHPian

Hi guys,
I am planning to do the Bombay - Nagpur road trip with wife and kids this weekend and need info on the latest conditions of the road.
last time i did this with a friend in March the conditions of road around Malegaon was really terrible and actually cost us about 2.5 hours extra on the journey because of ongoing road construction work!!

Can somebody please help with latest updates?

Also suggest alternative routes. the last time i did Nagpur - Bombay with fellow BHPian Kaizer Sozay we did:
Dist Time
Nagpur Amravati 176 2.50
Amravati Akola 99 2.00
Akola Jalgoan 187 4.50
Jalgaon Dhule 84 1.40
Dhule Nashik 159 4.20
Nashik Thane 148 3.15
Thane Andheri 34 1.00
887 19.00

I sincerely hope things have improved on this stretch in nine months and hope to take a good memory out of this trip. FYI, i will be driving my Toyota Corolla H2.

Any suggestions and ideas welcome!
Old 13th November 2007, 22:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

No idea about the Bombay-Nashik-Dhulia road condition, but an alternative is to go via Pune expressway (exiting at Talegaon) to Chakan and Ranjangaon, to Ahmedanagar, Aurnagabad, Jalna and Khamgaon. Roads are good throughout. AT Khmagaon, you join NH6. Yes, there are some bad roads near Murtijapur (Akola-Amaravathi section), but otherwise roads are good.
Old 14th November 2007, 22:32   #6
BHPian

Hi HVKUMAR

This seems to be a new route for me. can you provide more details for me please?

do i have to exit at the end of the expressway?

can you please elaborate?

Thanks
Old 4th December 2007, 11:09   #7
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can anyone believe that I was driving on the road which was totaly empty, driving aon the road is butter smooth, you will be only among few driving on that road. No trafic, very few villages, and the rout start from Jalna to Amravati.

So the rout is Jalna -> Sindkhed Raja -> Sultanpur -> Mehekar -> Malegaon -> Shelu Bajar -> Karanja -> Badnera -> Amravati.

There is around 10 KM bad patch from Jalna to Sindkhed Raja. There onwards its a clear road ahead

Last edited by Dippy : 18th November 2009 at 11:28. Reason: Editing speeds.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2007, 11:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

How were the roads after Amaravati - repaired? And any reason why you did not go via Khamgaon (where you join NH6)? How are the facilities on the Sultanpur-Badnera route?
Old 4th December 2007, 12:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hi Guys,

So the rout is Jalna -> Sindkhed Raja -> Sultanpur -> Mehekar -> Malegaon -> Shelu Bajar -> Karanja -> Badnera -> Amravati.

That is quite a unconventional route, especially the Malegaon-Karanja-Badnera section. Where did you join NH6 - at Badnera or before? I presume that the road must be a 1-laner?
Old 4th December 2007, 14:59   #10
BHPian

I join NH6 in Badnera. About facilities, you can find 3-4 dhabas only. It is better to travel the Jalna - Amravati section in day time, cause at some places you will have to ask the direction, cause no direction board is posted. I used this rout cause of no trafic on the road. You will be lonely driving on good road. I left Amravati at around 1:00 PM and reached Jalna at 6:00 PM, so you can think of how good is the road.

Road from Nagar(30 KM before Nagar) to Jalna is horrible and too dangerous to drive and very much accident prone, ride very safe. Road work is going on and one side of the road is digged and only half side of the road can be used to drive both side of vehicles.
It is better to ride Pune-Jalna in day time and take night halt in Jalna.
Old 7th June 2008, 16:13   #11
BHPian

Pune-Nagpur route Info (road condition)

Hi Guys,
I am planning a trip of Pune-Nagpur-Pune in July. Which is the best route for this journey? The bus route is Pune-Ahamadnagar-Aurangabad-Chikhli-Akola-Amaravati. Is there any other/better route?

Thanks for help.
Old 7th June 2008, 16:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Roads beween Amaravathi and Nagpur are in a bad shape. Nowadays, the best route is the new Nagpur road via Ahmedanagar, Aurangabad, Jalna, Karnaja, Yeotmal and Wardha.
Old 7th June 2008, 17:30   #13
BHPian

Thanks hvkumar.
Can we complete this travel in one day? Anything else to keep in mind?
Old 7th June 2008, 17:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yes, driving in a day is definitely possible, although please note to leave early morning. Road conditions are good (15-days ago update), but facilities are poor.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:16   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
... Road conditions are good (15-days ago update), but facilities are poor.
Can you please elaborate a bit? What kind of facilities? Fuel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks