Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 16:13   #31
manukale

=> Dear HVK: Nasik option seems better if the route selected is Mumbai Ghoti, after taking right stretch to Sinner, Kopergaon (bypass) Vaijapur (bypass) to Aurangabad. Here no need to go to Nasik.

I think there is some typing mistake regarding the NH. The Mumbai Agra is NH 3 whereas the NH 6 which starts from Dhule & goes to Sambalpur via Nagpur & Raipur.

=> Dear vabs78: pls try this: avoid Jalna - SindkhedRaja stretch (30 km) instead take Jalna-DeolgaonRaja-SindkhedRaja (total 36 km, but better than the direct road). The additional 6 km are worth, mainly at the cost of the vehicle & dirver's patience. After Jalna, 2 kms before DeolgaonRaja, there are 2-3 OKish dhabas too.

One more thing - while passing through Dongaon (some 10 km after Mehekar, on Pune - Nagpur route) you will find the local bazar. If the time is around 12 noon, DO check for the Custard Apples (Sitafal) and the Bananas. Nice fresh fruits could be bought at reasonable price. Our ancestral village -Alegaon is on the left side (you will see a direction board stating "Shelgaon", on the same road some 30 kms ahead).

Awaiting your next travellogue.

Old 11th November 2008, 17:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manukale View Post
=> Dear HVK: Nasik option seems better if the route selected is Mumbai Ghoti, after taking right stretch to Sinner, Kopergaon (bypass) Vaijapur (bypass) to Aurangabad. Here no need to go to Nasik.

I think there is some typing mistake regarding the NH. The Mumbai Agra is NH 3 whereas the NH 6 which starts from Dhule & goes to Sambalpur via Nagpur & Raipur.
Someone who went recently on the Ghoti-Sinnar road reported terrible road conditions, please check before you turn off NH3 at Ghoti.

Yes, thanks for pointing out - it is indeed NH3 (and not 6) - I was thinking of the 600+ point fall in the Sensex when I typed out the message!!!!
Old 12th November 2008, 11:12   #33
manukale

=> HVK : then from Nasik, you will have to come to Sinner for the route mentioned by me. The other options are (1) continue on NH 3 upto Dhule & take the NH 6 (not recommended); (2) from Nasik - Niphad - Vinchur - Yeola - Vaijapur - Aurangabad - this road is under widening & thus takes more time than normal.

In the light of this, I feel the Mumbai - Talegaon- Chakan - Shikrapur - Ahmednagar ELSE Mumbai-Kalyan-Murbad-MalshejGhat-Ale Phata-Ahmednagar are good options (very less vehicles on Kalyan to Alephata, with lush green surroundings, a nice road!!) From Ahmednagar you can take Pune - Aurangabad road & then as mentioned earlier route.

Old 12th November 2008, 11:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

The Kalyan-Murbad-Malshej Ghat-Ale Phata road is in good condition - I had an update from someone who went to Malshej 3 days ago.
Old 30th April 2009, 09:38   #35
BHPian

Road Condition Update ?

I am going to nagpur from pune tommorow.
Route Plan:
Pune-Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon-Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur

I have done this route before in dec 2008 , Is there any update on road condition.

Jalna - Sindkhed raja stretch is build or not ?
Alternative route Jalna-Deulgoan raja-sindkhed raja. jalna to deulgoan raja road is in bad condition last time, any improvement there.

I am starting early around 3-4 am from pune

Last edited by shabahmad : 30th April 2009 at 09:40.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:11   #36
BHPian

I am going to nagpur from pune by car this weekend, didnt went by car in april.
Quote:
Route Plan:
Pune-Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon-Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur
Is there any update on road condition between Jalna - Sindkhed raja- Karanja ?

I am starting early around 3-4 am from pune
Old 26th September 2009, 11:34   #37
BANNED

i am planning same in 2-3 days.

how is current route status

Old 28th September 2009, 11:22   #38
BHPian

I just came back from my holidays in Nagpur. The route i have taken is same as quoted.
Quote:
Pune-Ahmedanagar: Crossing Nagar takes time and 4-laning of Shirur Bypass is in progress.
Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad-Jalna: Crossing Aurangabad is pain. Before jalna take left for Jalna Bypass
Jalna-SindKhed Raja: New road, great to drive.
SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon: Cross the villages with care. Lots of cattle on road.
Malegaon-Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon: This stretch is away from city traffic. 2-3 Wheelers are present. But Good roads. Be very carefull with the speed breakers near villages, railway line and Cross Roads.
Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur: Roads are not too good there. There will be traffic after wardha.

Pune to Nagpur: 11 hours. 6.45AM Pune to 5.50PM Nagpur. My family and myself were on fast so no breaks for Food. Only break was fuel at Aurangabad.

While Coming it took me 14 Hours with all sorts of breaks.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:07   #39
BHPian

Hi Shabbir,

Can you put some timelines like when did you start from a particular and when did you reach a particular place ? I am going to take the same route in Diwali only diffrence is I will be going towards Amravati from Karanja instead of Talegaon-Phulgaon-Wardha.

-Vikrant
Old 30th September 2009, 14:33   #40
BHPian

Vikrant: Give me a days time, I will upload the trip log tommorow.
Old 4th October 2009, 21:40   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Hi Shabbir,

Can you put some timelines like when did you start from a particular and when did you reach a particular place ? I am going to take the same route in Diwali only diffrence is I will be going towards Amravati from Karanja instead of Talegaon-Phulgaon-Wardha.

-Vikrant
Back to pune today - from nagpur/amaravati.

Karanja - amaravati is just 45 Kms from bypass (take Left). Road is also good. It will take you to Badnera via nagzari phata.

If required , i will provide road details. It was raining today on my way back.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shabbir,

-Vikrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post

Karanja - amaravati is just 45 Kms from bypass (take Left). Road is also good. It will take you to Badnera via nagzari phata.

Hey nice to see BHPians from Amravati. Even I will be driving this Diwali with a couple of friends.

I did this drive last year as well, the no. of MH12/14 cars one sights during diwali weekend is unbelievable.. I guess many people drive down because of the reasons known to everyone, Non-Availability of Train Reservations and Exhorbitant rates charged by bus operators..!
Old 5th October 2009, 14:12   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Idea1979,

Would really appreciate a first hand experience of the road from you and some do's and don'ts for the way in terms of quality of the road, where to expect bad patches and slow trafiic and where can we have a light snack/tea etc ?

Thanks and Rgds
Vikrant
Old 5th October 2009, 16:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
I just came back from my holidays in Nagpur. The route i have taken is same as quoted.
Quote:
Hey shabahmad/idea1979

Were you using a GPS?

If you have track logs from GPS, would it be possible for you to share those?
Old 5th October 2009, 20:42   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Hey shabahmad/idea1979

Were you using a GPS?

If you have track logs from GPS, would it be possible for you to share those?
Sorry mate. No GPS, as of now ! However route discussed here is pretty good. Feel free to ask any questions if not discussed until now.

Quote:
Hi Idea1979,

Would really appreciate a first hand experience of the road from you and some do's and don'ts for the way in terms of quality of the road, where to expect bad patches and slow trafiic and where can we have a light snack/tea etc ?

Thanks and Rgds
Vikrant
Pune-Ahmedanagar: 111 Km.

Be aware to diversions. you will get quite few on this patch otherwise road is good. It is advisable to cover it during daytime.

Alert :> There is a Toll of Rs 31 at Koregaon. It is Entry Exit type toll (Like Mumbai pune express highway). So you just have to pay Once and not Twice. Just keep receipt safely and hand it over at exit. It is applicable on both sides. Somehow toll guys are inclined to collect toll at both sides. So whie going to Nagpur, i paid Rs 62 instead of Rs 31.

However, on my way back, i was aware and paid Rs 31/-. I can certainly see disappointment on face of toll guy. So be careful.

I took a small stop Smiling Stone. It is a good family place just before Nagar. However you can also stop by Kamats, just 5-10 Kms from Smilining Stone (when going from Pune)

Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad: 122 Km

You can use bypass (from railway station) or you can go through city. It is straight road.

There are quite few toll mostly Rs 21/-. I suspect some of them are Entry Exit Type (as mentioned above). Please talk to toll guy before paying. Road is good - 4 Lane

Aurangabad-Jalna: 55 Km aprx

Road is hassle free. You need to take a right once you pass Aurangabad.

Alert :> There are hardly any Decent/Family Dhaba or Lodge after Aurangabad. So plan accordingly. There is one good looking (didnt used it)family place , Hotel parivar on SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon route.

Jalna-SindKhed Raja: Road is hassle free.

SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon: (Aprx 50 kms from eachother )

Here you will find some bad patches especially near Mehekar Malegaon. Dont miss some speed Breakers and sudden DEEP pot holes, mostly in middle of road.

Alert :> You will find all type of animals (everything you can expect to see on road) including humans wandering on road highway as if they are taking stroll in their back yard. They will pay no heeds to your honking even if they are blocking the highway. Best option is slow down near villages. Two wheelers and trackers are real pain. They will take U turns w/o bothering.

Malegaon-Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon: Road is 2 lane but fair. Dont miss some speed Breakers and sudden DEEP pot holes, mostly in middle of road.

Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur:

Wardha Nagpur is just 85 Km but traffic is heavy due 2 wheelers, taxis, private buses.

Pune to Wardha is Aprx 630 Km (Add 85 Km for Wardha to Nagpur).

Last edited by idea1979 : 5th October 2009 at 20:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks