Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 13:57   #91
BHPian

@cyclops, thanks I almost forgot Shani-Shingnapur!

Ok if I happen to reach this area late evening, I will probably go to Shirdi first on Friday evening (over night stay at Shirdi) and then on Saturday morning, when moving to Pune/Goa from Shirdi, will do Shingnapur, perhaps I will take the Nevasa Phata route instead of going directly to Ahmednagar. (if I reach earlier then will decide when I reach Aurangabad)

Wow, now I am feeling more confident about the stretch from Nagpur to Shirdi!!!
Old 19th November 2010, 16:01   #92
BANNED

[quote=cyclops;2145888][quote=ajitkumarlb;2145212]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
I would suggest,
Nagpur-Wardha-Pulgaon-Karanja-Malegaon-Mehekar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vijapur-Shirdi

Yes, this would be a good route.. I recently did Pune-Amravati-Pune on Diwali by this route only.. Decent roads, usual bad patches from jalna to sindkhed raja.. And even further, roads are good, but beware of sudden bad deep potholes and broken roads, which just come out of nowhere...

If you want to do shani-shingnapur as well, then you can even cross aurangabad, move towards nagar and then turn right from Nevasa Phata, to Shani Shingnapur and then to Shirdi...
This is really sad. I am planning this route in dec end. Last year when i used this route . road were under construction and i was hoping that things will be backon track by now.

I think road till jalna should be in good shape.

Do elaborate about sudden bad deep potholes and broken roads so that i will be alert during my trip.
Old 20th November 2010, 21:01   #93
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I will be in Nagpur on 25th Dec (Sat) and would like to be in Pune by Sunday 26th. My family is not allowing me to do Nagpur-Pune as a one day run. So I am thinking of going to Akola on 25th Evening and then continue to Pune on 26th.

Anybody knows any good hotel in Akola where I can stay with my family? I would not like to stay in a deserted hotel as I would be with my family. If Akola is not the place to be, I would start on Sunday morning and reach Aurangabad and then will decide if I can continue to Pune on the same day or not.
Old 21st November 2010, 19:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,

I will be in Nagpur on 25th Dec (Sat) and would like to be in Pune by Sunday 26th. My family is not allowing me to do Nagpur-Pune as a one day run. So I am thinking of going to Akola on 25th Evening and then continue to Pune on 26th.

Anybody knows any good hotel in Akola where I can stay with my family? I would not like to stay in a deserted hotel as I would be with my family. If Akola is not the place to be, I would start on Sunday morning and reach Aurangabad and then will decide if I can continue to Pune on the same day or not.
Does not make any sense to stop anywhere between Nagpur and Pune, definitely not Akola. In any case, if you are planning t g via Aurangabad, it is better to take the Wardha (or Amaravathi)-Karanja route than the Akola route. If you have to stay, Aurangabad is the best place. But once you have reached Aurangabad, Pune is hardly 3 hours away.
Old 21st November 2010, 20:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

My family is not allowing me to do Nagpur-Pune as a one day run.

I would start on Sunday morning and reach Aurangabad and then will decide if I can continue to Pune on the same day or not.
Maybe your family is indicating towards an excursion to the Ajanta Ellora caves complex OR a drive to Paithan (30~35kms) if you reach Aurangabad towards the evening to shop for the World famous 'Paithani' saree woven with pure Gold thread and then on to the gardens nearby(sorry cannot remember the name) for the not so well known but pretty good light and sound musical/dancing fountains show.

The Aurangabad - Paithan road (6+ years ago used to be narrow two laned track. Infact the same road continues to Ahmednagar but the bit between Paithan and A'nagar used to have missing stretches and was not recommended at all. Hopefully some one can fill in on the current state of affairs.

Aurangabad has hotels of all price ranges including the Aurangabad club which is value for money and very quiet unless they have a wedding or some other party in the premises (read central courtyard) and then no one can sleep
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Does not make any sense to stop anywhere between Nagpur and Pune, definitely not Akola.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Maybe your family is indicating towards an excursion to the Ajanta Ellora caves...........
Actually while going to Nagpur, I will be taking the Aug - Jalna - Sindkhed - pulgaon - Wardha - NGP road. I will be covering Aug and caves on 19-21 Dec and then reach NGP on 22nd. While coming back, as the wedding is on Sat, we can leave by Sat noon or Sun morning. So I wanted to break the journey to make sure I am in Pune by Sunday night. May be leaving NGP on Sunday morning would be good. I am ok with 750 km drive but family is skeptical. I guess I can tell them that we would stay in Aug and then once I reach Aug, I can continue to Pune
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually while going to Nagpur, I will be taking the Aug - Jalna - Sindkhed - pulgaon - Wardha - NGP road. I will be covering Aug and caves on 19-21 Dec and then reach NGP on 22nd. While coming back, as the wedding is on Sat, we can leave by Sat noon or Sun morning. So I wanted to break the journey to make sure I am in Pune by Sunday night. May be leaving NGP on Sunday morning would be good. I am ok with 750 km drive but family is skeptical. I guess I can tell them that we would stay in Aug and then once I reach Aug, I can continue to Pune
You know having read Meer's post above just now detailing the non availability of eateries and/or well maintained fuel stations (toilet facilities in other words) and the relative slow speeds on the stretches leading to Aurangabad it would not be a bad idea to break the trip into two parts. Especially since you are travelling with your family and it is not a business tour. Why rush a good vacation towards its end, it would be relaxing to break journey and continue the next day to Poona and still arrive by late afternoon/early evening. Do not mean to intrude but just posting my thoughts.
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:50   #98
BANNED

I am planning same trip in dec 10 , mostly 3/4 week. This thread is going to be very useful to me. Road till jalna bypass is really not a problem except for Toll and subsequent congestion.
Old 26th November 2010, 13:51   #99
BHPian

T - 15 Hours to the drive!

I am all set for the trip now! Starting tomorrow...

I will be doing the Nagpur - Shirdi on 3rd and Shirdi - Pune - Goa on 4th Dec.

Thanks all for the input - here is the route I will be taking, will update on my experience on this route:

Nagpur-Wardha-Pulgaon-Karanja-Malegaon-Mehekar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vijapur-Shirdi-Ahmadnagar-Pune
Old 31st December 2010, 19:54   #100
BHPian

Thank You!

Well it was a fentastic journey for the 13 days and my journey between Nagpur to Aurangabad was a breeze thanks to this thread.

Thanks for all the help the road all through was just great.

The route I took was this:
Nagpur – Amaravati – Karanja – Malegaon – Mehkar – Jalna – Aurangabad

Only change was in the orignal route planned was Nagput to Karanja, where I did it via Amaravati instead of Nagpur-Wardha-Pulgaon-Karanja.

Also thanks for the suggestions folks of Shani Shinganapur, Ajanta & Ellora, yes based on your input I could cover those as well.

I am slowly but steadly writing the travelogue here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html
Old 26th April 2011, 14:53   #101
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
Thanks for all the help the road all through was just great.

Friends, any idea how this route is nowadays.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Friends, any idea how this route is nowadays.
Pretty good, fastest from Pune to Nagpur.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 10:27   #103
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Pretty good, fastest from Pune to Nagpur.
Thanks for your reply. As I understand it is 4 laned from Pune to Jalna, then it is 2 laned isnt it? I have gone till Aurangabad on this road (from Pune).
Old 27th April 2011, 10:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Thanks for your reply. As I understand it is 4 laned from Pune to Jalna, then it is 2 laned isnt it? I have gone till Aurangabad on this road (from Pune).
Yes, 4-laned till Jalna.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 22:57   #105
BHPian

Re: Pune-Nagpur route Info (road condition)

Need info on the current route from Nagpur - Amravati - Akola?

As far as I know, Nagpur-Amravati was getting 4laned in early 2008. Not sure what's the condition now.

Amravati-Akola roads have been perenially bad. How are they now? Is it ok to stay in Akola if one has to? I remember staying there last in 1992. Not sure if the city has developed in retrospect.

Most Viewed