Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2016, 21:10   #166
BHPian

Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Dear All,

Need some help here. I am planning to drive to Tadoba from Pune via Nagpur. I am planning a stop over either at Amravati or Nagpur. I am planning to take the Nagar - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanja - Amravati - Nagpur - Tadoba route. Please advice if the road is in good condition and what to expect in terms of bad patches and where? Also considering the drive to Nagpur to be around 730 Kms, is it advisable that I break my journey at Amravati or Nagpur itself. Early in the day I plan to drive to Tadoba from wherever I am...I am driving a i10 Kappa 2.

Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2016, 06:56   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
Need some help here. I am planning to drive to Tadoba from Pune via Nagpur. I am planning a stop over either at Amravati or Nagpur.
Hope these two logs would help

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...e-saibaba.html (Impromptu visit to Shirdi - The abode of Shree Saibaba)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ad-bhilai.html (A road trip from Chattisgarh to Vibrant Goa (Bhilai-Pune-Goa-Hyderabad-Bhilai))
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 19:52   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Did Pune - Bhilai couple of weeks back and return yesterday:
Hi,

Pls help, need to travel to Ranchi Jharkhand.. advice on roads etc..

Jagswroop

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2017 at 10:06. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 1st January 2017, 23:43   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
Hi,

Pls help, need to travel to Ranchi Jharkhand.. advice on roads etc..

Jagswroop

Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanja - Amravati - Nagpur.

You should trust Google maps mostly. Suggest you leave early morning so you can drive through Nagar city (avoid bypass). Aurangabad bypass trust Google maps. Jalna to sinkhend Raja is bad, but there is an alternative which is 10k more via dhulkhend raja (I might be misspelling this but it is another raja and North of Jalna)

I havn't gone east of Nagpur in recent years so not sure of the roads.
AkshatR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:07   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshatR View Post
Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanja - Amravati - Nagpur.

You should trust Google maps mostly. Suggest you leave early morning so you can drive through Nagar city (avoid bypass). Aurangabad bypass trust Google maps. Jalna to sinkhend Raja is bad, but there is an alternative which is 10k more via dhulkhend raja (I might be misspelling this but it is another raja and North of Jalna)

I havn't gone east of Nagpur in recent years so not sure of the roads.

I recently did this stretch (-> Dec 22nd <- Dec 26th). The roads are patched and not broken. I was able to do an average of 65 to 70 Kms . As Akshat said, please be aware of the signboards. They are quite deceiving (especially when you are going towards Aurangabad from Pune. Drive through Ahmednagar and do not take any bypass roads). I have also some pictures of the roads that I will try to share. I did the stretch on i10 Kappa2 and it took the roads in its stride. Nothing to worry. Take it on. After Nagpur I think its a highway and they appeared good enough. I had to drive towards Tadoba (Chandrapur). All the best
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 21:26   #171
BHPian

Re: Pune-Nagpur route Info (road condition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
I drove from Hinjewadi (Pune) to Bhilai on Dec 24th. I was on i20 CRDI.

Hi,

I am planning to drive to Lonar. I will be travelling from Mumbai via Pune, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalna, Sultanpur and Lonar. I have a query regarding the bypass at jalna city. Gmap shows take a left and pass through kanhaiya nagar and connect to the road towards sindkhed raja. But i think u have mentioned this bypass has first 5kms of terrible road.

I can see on Google that there is another bypass road for which one has to take a right (slightly ahead of the spot where otherwise you would have taken a left). This road is mentioned as Aurangabad Nagpur road and passes by Moti Talab and eventually connect towards Sindkhed raja.

Which one will be better? Any idea about current road condition?

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2017 at 10:07. Reason: Trimmed quoted post; Formatted post.
Old 29th January 2017, 09:54   #172
BHPian

Re: Pune-Nagpur route Info (road condition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
I am planning to drive to Lonar. I will be travelling from Mumbai via Pune, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalna, Sultanpur and Lonar. I have a query regarding the bypass at jalna city. Gmap shows take a left and pass through kanhaiya nagar and connect to the road towards sindkhed raja. But i think u have mentioned this bypass has first 5kms of terrible road.
Hi

Unfortunately, I don't have current update on the road condition.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2017 at 10:08. Reason: Formatted post
Old 8th April 2017, 18:23   #173
BHPian

Hi everyone. I am planning to do a trip from Pune to Raipur in the last week of May 2017. I will be travelling with my parents, wife. At first, I had planned to travel from Pune till Amravati on the first day and then Amravati to Raipur on the second day. However, considering the distance (577Kms) instead of Pune to Amravati, I have opted for Pune to Jalna due to the distance. The next day it would be Jalna to Nagpur. Last day would be Nagpur to Raipur.
The return journey would be-
Raipur to Nagpur,
Nagpur to Nanded,
Nanded to Bidar,
Bidar to Solapur,
Solapur to Pune.

Route- Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanja - Amravati - Nagpur - Bhilai - Raipur.

I request the members who have recently done this route to give me valuable and important inputs for the trip.
Old 20th May 2017, 20:59   #174
BHPian

Any idea what would be the best route between Pune and Nagpur with the latest road conditions?
A friend of mine is planning to do the trip in May while I do the Bangalore to Nagpur route, with a plan to meet and stay in Nagpur and then move onto Bandhavgarh and Kanha.
Old 20th May 2017, 21:13   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Any idea what would be the best route between Pune and Nagpur with the latest road conditions? .

The easiest route:

Pune- nagar - aurangabad - jalna - sindkhed raja - Mehkar - Karanja- amravati- nagpur

The bridge between sindkhed raja and Mehkar is now functional and it saves good 60 odd kms.
saurabh89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 15:04   #176
BHPian

Thanks saurabh89
Can you please let me know the what is the road condition between Jalna and Sindkhed Raja? Is it still in bad condition? Instead of direct route, is it advisable to take the detour via Deaulgaon Raja?

Also any decent eateries between Aurangabad and Amravati for Breakfast and for lunch
Old 28th May 2017, 22:10   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks saurabh89
Can you please let me know the what is the road condition between Jalna and Sindkhed Raja? Is it still in bad condition? Instead of direct route, is it advisable to take the detour via Deaulgaon Raja?

Also any decent eateries between Aurangabad and Amravati for Breakfast and for lunch
I had travelled from Mumbai to Lonar in mid February via Aurangabad Jalna Sindkhed Raja route. The road condition between Jalna and Sindkhed Raja was surprisingly very good! After Sindkhed Raja road was little patchy as fresh tarmac was laid at broken areas of the road. But it was not a problem at all even in my hatchback. Jalna bypass road condition is bad especially at the junctions. From Jalna to Sultanpur road condition was good. Nothing to worry.

Regarding good eateries after Aurangabad while going towards Jalna, theres a place called Food Junction on the right hand side which is good. It seems like a new restaurant. After that you will find Hotel Amritsar Punjab. It is good too. I did not see any other good eatery after this till Sultanpur. Hope this helps.
ar.abc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 22:48   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks saurabh89

Hey sorry couldn't reply earlier.

The road condition is fine, need to be careful with increased bus traffic now since the direct route between jalna and mehkar via sindhkhed raja has reopened.

As far as hotel goes, there is a nice one just after Crossing Mehkar via bypass named Parivaar. Nothing much else otherwise.
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 10:01   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks saurabh89

Hi San Scorpio,

Did this route on Wednesday. Jalna bypass was bad at many places. The road to Sindkhed Raja is now fine and drivable.
Basically the route from Jalna to karanja is not the best in terms of road quality but is very much drivable.

This is hopefully widen and improve in a few years with Mr. Gadhkari announcing the renewed focus on the Mumbai Nagpur highway.
Old 3rd June 2017, 20:54   #180
BHPian

Hello friends. I had requested for inputs from the members of this thread as I had planned for a trip from Pune to Raipur. I had planned for Pune to Raipur trip commencing from 19th May 2017 -28th May 2017. The details of the trip undertaken is as follow-
19th May- Pune - Jalna.
20th May- Jalna – Nagpur
21st May- Nagpur – Raipur.
23rd May- Raipur – Nagpur
24th May- Nagpur – Nanded
26th May- Nanded – Bidar
27th May- Bidar – Solapur
28th May- Solapur – Pune.

I had already booked hotels for the said trip. I always feel it is better to book hotel rooms in advance in order to avoid any last moment trouble. On my last trip to Mysore and Ooty I had seen many travellers desperately searching for rooms. Even in that trip also I had booked rooms in advance. This trip was mainly for visiting and seeking blessings therefore we stayed at Sachkhand Gurudwara, Nanded and Sri Guru Nanak Jhira Gurudwara, Bidar. Hotel booked are as follows-

Jalna – Hotel Saffron.
Nagpur- Hotel Le Meridian.
Raipur- At the in laws.
Nagpur- Radisson Blu.
Solapur- Hotel Balaji Sarovar Premiere.

19th May 2017- Pune to Jalna-

We had set a deadline of starting early at 7-7.30am. However, we were one hour late. However, the delay did not cause any trouble because we were to cover only 300 kms on the first day. So we started at 8.40am. I was travelling with my parents therefore, the trip to Raipur was planned in 03 stops instead of 02. Earlier it was Pune to Amravati, Amravati to Raipur. It would have been too much driving on first day and second day. The fun of road trip might have been diminished into exhausted bodies. We started our journey and encountered a little bit of usual traffic at Viman Nagar and the traffic which is always there when one is leaving Pune towards Ahmednagar. I have uploaded the picture of the road at Phoenix Market City, Viman Nagar. I was just waiting to cross Wagholi, Shikrapur and Supe so that beyond these places the traffic density will reduce.

Phoenix Market City, Viman Nagar
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-001-pheonix-market-city.jpg

Wagholi
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-1-wagholi.jpg

Shikrapur
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-002-shikrapur.jpg

Supe
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-3-supe.jpg

We took our first halt at Smilestone before entering Ahmednagar. The traffic in Ahmednagar especially at the bus stop is little annoying. It is ok if you have already made up your mind that you have to encounter and counter the traffic at the Ahmednagar Bus Stop. The road from Pune to Ahmednagar is very good. One should take little precaution where there is opening in the divider for crossing. This was the first time I crossed Ahmednagar as there never had been any occasion to go beyond Ahmednagar. Some 15 years back when I was in 10th Standard, I had travelled in car from Pune to Bhillai in the most luxurious car of the time, i.e. Toyota Qualis. Now I was in sedate driving mode.

Entry into Ahmednagar
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-4-entry-into-ahmednagar.jpg

Ahmednagar City
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-5-ahmednagar-city.jpg

Ahmednagar Exit
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-7-ahmednagar-exit.jpg

Towards Aurangabad
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-8-towards-aurangabad.jpg

We reached Newasa Phata. The roads towards Aurangabad was good, however, at Bhendala the road is slightly bad and at Waluj Bk due to work one of the lane was shut and vehicles were diverted onto the other lane. The bad section was not that bad but driveable. The road continues to be good till Aurangabad By Pass. Now we had reached the Aurangabad By Pass road at 1.40pm. The bypass road is under construction and out of two only one lane was functional. I guess the said road might be ready in 4-5 months time. The under construction road was in small patch only.

Newasa Phata
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-9-newasa-phata.jpg

Bad Section
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-10-bad-section.jpg

Bad Section at Bhendala
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-11-bad-section-bhendala.jpg

Diversion at Waluj Bk.
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-12-diversion-waluj-bk.jpg

Good Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-13-good-road.jpg

Towards Aurangabad
Click image for larger version

Name:	13 Good Road.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1645558

Aurangabad Bypass Good Section
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-14-aurangabad-pass-good-section.jpg

Under Construction Aurangabad Bypass road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-15-under-contruction-aurangabad-pass.jpg

Road towards Jalna
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-16-road-towards-jalna.jpg

Toll Booth without payment
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-17-toll-without-payment.jpg

Good Road to Jalna
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-18-good-road-jalna.jpg

Jalna Bypass
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-19-jalna-pass-road.jpg

After crossing Aurangabad Bypass road we continued heading towards Jalna. The road to Jalna was good. We were onto the Jalna Bypass and reached Hotel Saffron at 3.12pm. The hotel was good. In the pic you can see the hotel and on the right hand side there is hotel parking. I parked my vehicle in the open parking and as per nature I checked my tyres and left for the hotel reception. I saw one nail in the parking, then two, then three, five, eight, twelve. I informed the person on reception about the amount of nails scattered in their parking. He assured me that, he will get them cleaned. Next morning, i.e. 20th May, I again checked the parking and found all the nails in their place. Again I informed the security guard about the nails. He also assured but at last nothing was done by them. With great patience I slowly took my vehicle out of the parking praying the safety of the tyre. Luckily nothing happened.

Saffron Hotel, Jalna
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-20-saffron-hotel-jalna.jpg

20th May 2017- Jalna – Sindkhed Raja - Mekhar – Karanja – Amravati - Nagpur

Today, the distance was approximately 419 kms to be covered. Today we were to cover Jalna – Nagpur distance. We started for Nagpur from Saffron Hotel, Jalna at 9.56am. I had not informed the road condition to the co-passengers in the car. The road was single lane road. The condition of the road was not that great as compared to Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad route. Still it was driveable. After driving on so such good roads it is always boring to drive on this route. I had convinced the others in the car that, this is bad section but once we reach Amravati the roads are simply superb. I had not personally seen the roads just read about it on this thread. So we kept moving ahead. As per my calculations approximately 183 kms of bad stretch, worst stretch was there. By bad and worst stretch I don’t mean it was completely bad or worse. It was bad but still driveable. The condition of the road changed from Kamargaon. Even though the road was single lane but still I could manage 80-90 kms/hr speed and occasional 100 km/hr speed. The road was single lane but still good. At Dongaon we stopped for 10-15 mins because of a ST Bus (Red Colour). They have the courage to park the bus in the centre of the road. The driver of the bus stopped the bus in the centre of the road and didn’t move for 10 mins. Lot many people started honking horn. Three buses were parked and they had no concern whatsoever for the others stranded because of them.

Aurangabad Nagpur Highway
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-21-aurangabad-nagpur-highway.jpg

Sindhkhed Raja
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-22-sindhkhed-raja.jpg

Bad Section from Sindhkhed Raja to Sultanpur
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-23-bad-section-sindhkhed-raja-sultanpur.jpg

Work under Progress
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-24-work-under-progress.jpg

Mekhar Bypass Road
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-25-mekhar-pass.jpg

Dongaon ST Bus Stop.
Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries-26-dongaon-st-bus-stop.jpg