Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 09:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yes, facilitties like petrol stations, puncture repair shops, restauarants, etc are poor.
Old 8th June 2008, 11:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Roads beween Amaravathi and Nagpur are in a bad shape. Nowadays, the best route is the new Nagpur road via Ahmedanagar, Aurangabad, Jalna, Karnaja, Yeotmal and Wardha.
If i was to drive from mumbai to nagpur isnt the above mentioned route longer than the nasik dhule akola amravati nagpur route..?
Or do you suggst the above route even from bbay considering road conditions from amravati-nagpur as you have mentioned.
How bad exactly is the road between amravati-nagpur stretch.? Im planning to drive from mumbai shortly.
Old 8th June 2008, 11:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

After Amaravathi, bad roads forced my friend in a Ford Fusion to slow down to 15 kmph! No, the route via Yeotmal is fast and preferred. Even the overnight private buses from Pune to Nagpur are going that way.

When you are driving from Bombay, you can go to Ahmedabagar (eitther via kalyan. Malshej Gha, Ale Phata) or via expressway (Somthane exit, Talegaon, Chakan, Ranjangaon).
Old 8th June 2008, 11:51   #19
BHPian

Yes the road via akola amravati is in bad shape.You can take the Mehekar-yavatmal-wardha route,the road is in good shape.You can do it in a single day,leave in the morning and reach in the evening.Finding Fuel stations wont be a problem i guess,but good restaurents or rest places would not be available after aurangabad.
Old 8th June 2008, 19:17   #20
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs hvkumar and inder.

So the route will be Pune-Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Karnaja-Yeotmal-Wardha-Nagpur.

One more Q.
Do you have details of various bypasses which can be taken and will help in avoiding city traffic? Especially at Aurangabad?
Old 8th June 2008, 21:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info hvk & inder... much appreciated.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:20   #22
BHPian

Dont know much about Aurangabad,since its been long that I did a road trip,but there is one bypass at Wardha.
It is just after Savangi Medical college,on the left(there is no right,since its a T junction)it will save you atleast 20mins,because traffic inside Wardha city is a nightmare.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Qvabs78 > Sorry to inturrupt your thread but since my final destination takes me through almost the same route i thought i will post in the same thread.

@ hvk & Inder >>>
On second thoughts is it wise to use the NH-3 from Mumbai to Dhule & NH-6 form Dhule till Murtajapur and then divert towards Karanja>Darwha> Yavatmal > Wardha > Nagpur. I was thinking so since the the traffic movement on NH-6 is usually at a good pace. So maybe i can use the nh-6 till Murtajapur. Will it result in a longer distance and more time?
I traced the entire route from Mumbai Nagpur as mentioned by you guys and there seems to be wat too many towns on the way. Wont that result in slowing me down.??
Below is the route as per your suggestions in Reverse order. Please mention your thoughts.
And Maybe Vizag<Behrampur<Bhubaneswar<Cuttack<Angul<Sambalpu r<Raipur<Nagpur < Wardha < Yavatmal < Darwha < Karanja < Mangrul Pir < Washim < Malegaon < Chandas < Mehekar < Laohala < Deolgaon Mahi < Deolgaon raja < Waghrul < Jalna < Badnapur < Karmad < Chikhalthan < Waluj < Jiguran < Dahigaon < Pravara Sangam < Godhegaon < Bhawarwadi < Ahmednagar < Bhalauni < Takli Dhokeshwar < Ale phata < Belhe < Ane < Narayangaon < Junnar < Ghatghar < Saralgaon < Murbad < Kalyan < Mumbai.

My final destination is Orissa via Raipur & Sambalpur.
Please advise.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 9th June 2008 at 13:20.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think the Ahmedangar-Aurangabad-Yeotmal-Wardha-Nagpur route is still a better choice than NH6. You can make good speeds despite that roads can be narrow. My only concern now is that since rains have begun, you may have bad slushy shoulders and put you in difficulties giving way to oncoming vehicles since the road is quite narrow in some places.

From Nagpur to Raipur, road is excellent, but expect moderate roads in Orissa after crossing over near Saraipalli.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar;
...you may have bad slushy shoulders and put you in difficulties giving way to oncoming vehicles since the road is quite narrow in some places.....
hummm...
So is NH6 better in this respect?
Old 9th June 2008, 20:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
hummm...
So is NH6 better in this respect?
NH6 is a wide 2 lane highway in Maharashtra and Chattisgarh but can be narrow in Orissa.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

@hvk >> Got that sir. Will post my road report as soon as im through. Thanks again.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:07   #28
manukale

I think the Ahmedangar-Aurangabad-Yeotmal-Wardha-Nagpur route is still a better choice than NH6. You can make good speeds despite that roads can be narrow. My only concern now is that since rains have begun, you may have bad slushy shoulders and put you in difficulties giving way to oncoming vehicles since the road is quite narrow in some places.

Dear HVK,

as you have pointed out the above road is very nice; of course MUCH better than through NH 6 (though the Talegaon - Karanja (Ghadge) - Kondhali patch is good). The road, after rains too, is in good condition. Only care - avoid Jalna - SindkhedRaja stretch (30 km) instead take Jalna-DeolgaonRaja(little better)-SindkhedRaja (total 36 km).

Old 11th November 2008, 13:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

The only problem for those driving to and fro Mumbai is bypassing Pune. The Expressway-Talegaon-Chakan-Shikarpur stretch (bypass for Pune) is a very good road, but there is heavy traffic.

Mumbai-kars can also go via Nashik to Aurangabad, since NH6 on that stretch is repaired after the rains and is in good condition.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:06   #30
BHPian

Hi All,
I have done Pune-Nagpur-Pune twice since I posted this thread. My apologies for not posting a report.

During this 2 trips I have concluded that the best route is:
Pune-Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon-Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur

Jalana-SindKhed Raja stretch is not that good but its just 30km so don't think detour is necessary.

Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon-Wardha is the best patch in this route. Excellent road condition and very little traffic. You can easily do a consistent 130+kmph speed here. This route is also shorter than Karnaja-Yeotmal-Wardha route.

Only descent dhabas/restraunts can be found between Pune-Jalana part. After this only descent(if you can call them) dhabas are at karanja and there is one "Hotel Parivar" near Mehekar.

I am again going to Nagpur this month end. Will post any additional info to this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks