Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2008, 11:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

I was about to post a request for Trichy - Kodaikanal route and found this thread. Very useful. I plan to drive during the day to Kodaikanal.
I would like to leave back from Kodaikanal early in the morning.I'm a newbie, but my dad is with me. What time is best to start so I get the benefit of less traffic when coming down the hills but also have some light. Is 5 Am ok?
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I was about to post a request for Trichy - Kodaikanal route and found this thread. Very useful. I plan to drive during the day to Kodaikanal.
I would like to leave back from Kodaikanal early in the morning.I'm a newbie, but my dad is with me. What time is best to start so I get the benefit of less traffic when coming down the hills but also have some light. Is 5 Am ok?
Hi Biju you have two issues which would have to be confronted when you start early especially in the hill areas like Kodaikanal. Oncoming traffic and foggy conditions which might be challenge when there is not enough natural light. I would suggest you start just after the break of the dawn so that you could have the advantage of natural light to help you out in the event of foggy conditions. I think oncoming traffic is manageable so should not be an issue, since most of the traffic would start after 6 in the morning from Kodai road.
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
It seems that I have very few friends on this site. That could explain no response to post no. 21 on this thread.
Hi,

Chanced upon this link today only. Kodai will be a great getaway. If you have decided to go through the Coimbatore route, PM me for some good Taxi references at Coimbatore. I have used the services of someone there who was very good and reliable.
Old 27th September 2008, 01:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow I will be doing the Trichy - Kodaikanal stretch and will post updates.
I will take a long time for the drive as my car is still in the run in period. I wont be setting any speed records!
Old 8th July 2009, 14:16   #35
BHPian

What is the status of the Chennai Trichy road now !!

Dear BHPians, I am planning to do a chennai-kodaikanal-bangalore trip this week, could someone post the status of the road for chennai-kodaikanal now ?... Planning to take my 9 months old son along...

I recently did a bangalore-Kodai road trip last month so, That is pretty okay for me...
Old 8th July 2009, 14:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

I guess villupuram dindigal road still has a lot of deviations. Kodai road to kodai is fine
Old 8th July 2009, 16:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I guess villupuram dindigal road still has a lot of deviations. Kodai road to kodai is fine
Thanks for the update. Do you mean that the 4 lane is still in progress ?
Old 8th July 2009, 16:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

The road upto Samayapuram (Just before Trichy) from Chennai is almost done, Our nitrous anna did this stretch in about four and a half hours a couple of weeks back.

The 4 laning work between Trichy & Dindigul is happening and you would have diversions but I dont think it would be a major issue, upto Manapparai from Trichy the roads might not be great.

From Dindigul onwards upto Bathalagundu after which you take a right turn to Kodai, its a very good 2 lane highway. The ghat road is in decent shape from there on upto Kodai.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 8th July 2009 at 16:36.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
The road upto Samayapuram (Just before Trichy) from Chennai is almost done, Our nitrous anna did this stretch in about four and a half hours a couple of weeks back.

Thanks, You made my day Srikanth, Thanks for the quick reply... I will update the travelogue if i can take a note of it... (going with kid)
Old 29th September 2009, 13:57   #40
BHPian

I'm planning to drive to Kodai this weekend, I have a friend who will be accompanying me. Could you guys let me know a comfortable yet economical accomodation in Kodai?
Old 16th November 2009, 15:15   #41
BHPian

Chennai to Kodai

I did this trip in the 1st week of Nov . The roads are fine . Chennai - Trichy-Dindigul-Batalagundlu-Kodai. The stretch between Trichy to Dindigul is not very good due to 4-laning work in progress. Rest of the roads including up into the hills is very good.

Take care at the turn off from Dindigul , no proper sign boards to guide .

Dadi Bhote
Old 7th April 2010, 08:38   #42
BHPian

Bumping an old thread. I am going to Kodai next month with my wife for our aniversary.
What is the current state of roads and the best route for Chennai - Kodai?
Also, any recommendations on hotel - can do upto 3K/night.

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 7th April 2010 at 08:40.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:08   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Bumping an old thread. I am going to Kodai next month with my wife for our aniversary.
What is the current state of roads and the best route for Chennai - Kodai?
Also, any recommendations on hotel - can do upto 3K/night.
The best and shortest route is via Trichy through NH45.
(Chennai Trichy Dindigul Kodai).

I think NH45 has been almost fully 4 Laned. Others can confirm.

Villa retreat is a good place for a budget of 3K. Its next to Coaker's Walk.
Had been there three years back. The views from the place are amazing.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:12   #44
BHPian

Yes, Ampere is right, NH45 till Trichy is all done, you will be in Trichy in no time.

The problem i faced is trichy Dindigul road is not good and work is in progress. I really didnt like to go through this.

After Dindigul-till Kodai everything is smooth.

I need to check this out, but please check if going through Madurai is going to be too far? because Trichy -Melur-Madurai is very nice & from here there is a superb village road till Vathalagundu.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:15   #45
BHPian

I just checked in maps india, it shows a difference of max 33 KMS.

Its upto you and maybe others can advice, but if I had to take I will go through Trichy-Melur-Madurai-Vathalagundu-Kodai. All the way smooth roads except for Trichy bypass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks