Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 09:17   #256
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Hi, Will be travelling to Bheemeshwari camp coming Saturday. I heard Kanakapura Road is being renovated. would this impact very badly? do you all suggest to take Mysore Road?
Also any new nice restaurants for breakfast?

Thanks all

Last edited by Accent Martin : 29th November 2018 at 09:19.
Old 29th November 2018, 12:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Hi, Will be travelling to Bheemeshwari camp coming Saturday. I heard Kanakapura Road is being renovated. would this impact very badly? do you all suggest to take Mysore Road?

Thanks all
If you are driving in day time, i don't see any problem. Please avoid driving after dark in this route.
MTR should be good breakfast point that comes after AOL campus. Else, if you look up Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty thread, there are couple of other restaurants suggested in Kanakapura town.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:33   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
If you are driving in day time, i don't see any problem. Please avoid driving after dark in this route.
MTR should be good breakfast point that comes after AOL campus. Else, if you look up Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty thread, there are couple of other restaurants suggested in Kanakapura town.
I wouldn't by any means recommend the MTR near Art of living. They provide only self service, the tariff is 3 to 4 times higher than that in a typical self-service restaurant, and the quality of food is nothing to rave about either - add to it the longish queue to order the food.

There's a pretty decent breakfast joint called Thavarumane Thindi about a kilometer down to road from there, near Brigade Meadows (on the right hand side of the road about 0.5 km before Kaggalipura). That one serves much tastier food in my opinion (and has ample parking too)

Last edited by kala : 2nd December 2018 at 22:34.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 06:00   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post

Thanks all
Day drive is still not a problem on Kanakapura road, it's just fine even considering the road repairs.

For breakfast -

1. MTR as suggested above
2. NASA Davanagere Benne Dose Hotel, much before reaching Kanakapura - Google has the pinning
3. Vasu Hotel for very nice Dosa in Kanakapura town.

Have tried NASA once and it was quite good and there is parking also. And Vasu Hotel is a kind of regular hotel for bikers on that route and have been many times over there, I like the Dosa over there. Its a small fast food kind of eatery and has no seating.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 3rd December 2018 at 06:03.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 13:10   #260
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Tomorrow i'm planning to visit Shivanasamudra, Gaganachukki and Barachukki falls with family.
Plan to leave at 7 am with breakfast at Nasa's Davangere Benne Dosa Hotel. While returning is there any place good for lunch near Kanakapura or Maddur(have to decide on return based on lunch place), as i could not find any.
Also any updates on road conditions, is 4 laning work complete?
Please suggest.

Many thanks.

Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 14th August 2019 at 13:14.
Old 14th August 2019, 13:21   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Also any updates on road conditions, is 4 laning work complete?
Please suggest.
4 laning work is not complete.

You can check out this place for lunch. Not that great, but the best possible one on this route.

Maddur / Mysore road has lots of food options.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 14:17   #262
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While returning is there any place good for lunch near Kanakapura
There was a KSTDC Mayura near Barachukki, not sure how good/bad it is.
In Kanakapura town you can also try Gokul owned by the same group that has few branches in Bangalore like Gokul Kuteera in Indiranagar and Gokul Veg. in Gandhi Bazaar, Yelahanka etc

If you take Maddur route for return, you have lots of options like Adigas, Thimmadas, Maddur Tiffanys, Indradhanush, Shivalli MTR, etc

Last edited by NPV : 14th August 2019 at 14:20.
Old 14th August 2019, 15:04   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
4 laning work is not complete.

You can check out this place for lunch. Not that great, but the best possible one on this route.

Maddur / Mysore road has lots of food options.
Thanks Suhas. So, how bad is the road conditions via Kanakapura road? Is it advisable to take Mysore-Maddur-Malavalli-Shivanasamudra route instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There was a KSTDC Mayura near Barachukki, not sure how good/bad it is.
In Kanakapura town you can also try Gokul owned by the same group that has few branches in Bangalore like Gokul Kuteera in Indiranagar and Gokul Veg. in Gandhi Bazaar, Yelahanka etc

If you take Maddur route for return, you have lots of options like Adigas, Thimmadas, Maddur Tiffanys, Indradhanush, Shivalli MTR, etc
Thanks NPV. Will consider Gokul.

Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 14th August 2019 at 15:11.
Old 14th August 2019, 15:49   #264
BHPian

You can also try the iconic Vasu hotel on the main highway inside Kanakapura. Pls bear in mind , it’s a old place and cannot compare the ambience to Gokul but I personally like the Dosa and other items there. Usually get the food packed and have it under a tree/ shade. Parking might be an issue but the food trumps the pain.
Old 14th August 2019, 15:50   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it advisable to take Mysore-Maddur-Malavalli-Shivanasamudra route instead?
The last I traveled on this route was during end of May / start of June. Road widening was a pain, however compared to the mayhem on Mysore road, I would still prefer Kanakapura road.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
So, how bad is the road conditions via Kanakapura road? Is it advisable to take Mysore-Maddur-Malavalli-Shivanasamudra route instead?
Hello Ramki, which route did you take to Shivanasamudra? Please share any feedback about the road condition. I am planning to go over there this weekend. Thanks, Arka.
Old 21st August 2019, 15:52   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Hello Ramki, which route did you take to Shivanasamudra? Please share any feedback about the road condition. I am planning to go over there this weekend. Thanks, Arka.
Check the waterflow levels using the below link before your travel. Outflow doesn't seem very high as on date.
https://www.ksndmc.org/Uploads/RL.pdf
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:08   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Hello Arka,
I drove via Kanakapura to reach Shivanasamudra and while returning I took Mysore road. Till Kanakapura roads are OKish but afterwards with less traffic it's a breeze to drive. It rained heavily while I was at Shivanasamudra, as still 4 lane work is not completed, anticipated too much slush due to ongoing work, I took Mysore road to come back.
Also a note : Expect crowded place at Shivanasamudra during weekends.
Drive safe.

Ramki
ramki067 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 17:41   #269

I went to Sivanasamudram on 9th August 2019. Took the Mysore Road route both while going and returning. There is expansion work undergoing in most of the places along the road. The traffic was heavy while exiting Bangalore but after that driving was a breeze. The water level in the river is quite high. The roads while entering Barachukki Falls is very scenic. It was raining ocassionally on the whole route. Overall the trip was enjoyable and the Falls were looking outstanding as the water level was high.

Regards
Rupam
RupamK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 08:55   #270
BHPian

Road expansion work is at full swing all along Bengaluru to Malavalli on this stretch. Road to reach Bharachukki waterfalls from Sategala handpost is in real bad shape when we visited. Best to visit as early in the morning as possible as the place gets too crowded later in the day.
Here is the video compilation from our last visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks