Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 10:13   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Beautiful roads, crazy water and insane crowds. The darn place opens gates only at about 8 am, but if you can be the first few to squeeze in at that time, you've pretty much got the waterfalls all to yourself.
Old 29th July 2014, 18:22   #167
J.Ravi

Today, I visited Gaganachukki and Bharachukki falls.

The details are here.
  (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 00:07   #168
Senior - BHPian

Good snaps J.Ravi. I too was there in shivanasamdura falls on Tuesday, but post lunch

Thanks to @mpksuhas as he did this drive just a day before me and provided good suggestions. We had breakfast at Kitchen. The food was just average, not great or not bad either.

I was traveling to Bandipur JLR and Gopalswamy Betta along with my friends, so we covered the shivanasamudra on the way.

I'll try to upload few more snaps later.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 08:58   #169
BHPian

I had been to Shivanasamudra last Saturday. The route taken was B'lore(HSR Layout) - Hosur Road - Nice Road - Kanakapura - Mallavalli - Shivanasamudra. Beautiful roads all the way.

Bharachukki & Gaganachukki
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-bharachukki.jpg  

Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-gaganachukki.jpg  

Old 14th August 2014, 19:39   #170
BHPian

Can someone suggest on road conditions, if we plan to go to Shivanasamudra from Mysore road ?
Old 14th August 2014, 20:15   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Can someone suggest on road conditions, if we plan to go to Shivanasamudra from Mysore road ?
Roads around Bannur was bad when I travelled around 2 years back, however in another thread read that it is patched up now.
Do watch out for speed breakers at village junctions.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 21:31   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you travelling from Bangalore? In this case you can come on Mysore Road till Maddur and then take a deviation to Malavalli and consequently Shivanasamudra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Roads around Bannur was bad when I travelled around 2 years back, however in another thread read that it is patched up now.
Do watch out for speed breakers at village junctions.
If you're travelling on this road, the roads were recently re-surfaced at many stretches vastly improving the roads. However I travelled last week and the week before on these roads; new potholes are coming up fast on the stretch between Mysore and Malavalli.

If you spot 2+ people standing on the side of the road, its most definitely a speed breaker thats how I judged them for the first few trips. Now kinda know them by heart
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 21:34   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Are you travelling from Bangalore? In this case you can come on Mysore Road till Maddur and then take a deviation to Malavalli and consequently Shivanasamudra.
Thanks! We were in two minds, as friends saying Kanakpura road is better condition, but I feel Mysore road is safer (divider), plus better/cleaner places to stop for breakfast.

So if the roads on this route have been recently paved, i think it makes sense to take it. There are no really bad stretches anymore I hope.
Old 14th August 2014, 21:45   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! We were in two minds, as friends saying Kanakpura road is better condition, but I feel Mysore road is safer (divider), plus better/cleaner places to stop for breakfast.

So if the roads on this route have been recently paved, i think it makes sense to take it. There are no really bad stretches anymore I hope.
Roads are fantastic all the way and pothole free till Malavalli from Bangalore. Only exception is a bridge between Halguru and Malavalli which has 2 deep potholes in it.

The only breakfast outlet I'd stop is Vasu Hotel However it might not be fit with family around. We'd take dosas parcel from Vasu and then go to a quiet place and hog

Maddur road is feasible too - stop at kamat or the many breakfast places before maddur then continue to Shivanasamudra. But road condition from Maddur till Malavalli is unknown.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 14th August 2014 at 21:47.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 21:49   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Last I heard Maddur-Malavalli road was bad and potholed. I would suggest you stick to Kanakpura road which is in good condition.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 08:09   #176
J.Ravi

Quote:
There are no really bad stretches anymore I hope.
I solo-rode via Malavalli>Maddur>Channapatna>Ramanagara on 29 July 2014 for the return journey. There were some rough sections between Malavalli and Maddur, but easily drivable and nothing to worry about. The details are here.

Old 21st August 2014, 13:22   #177
BHPian

I will be getting delivery of my new Verna tomorrow and planning to drive down to Shivasamudra on Saturday morning. I will be travelling with my wife, son (3 year old) and mom. I am planning to take the Kanakapura road - so needs some help.

1. Please suggest some family restaurants for breakfast and lunch near falls or Kanakapura town. I do not prefer the stand and eat types.
2. Do we need to trek to reach the falls/view points. As my mom cannot walk for long/climb stairs this will be a problem.
Old 21st August 2014, 15:25   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
I will be getting delivery of my new Verna tomorrow and planning to drive down to Shivasamudra on Saturday morning.
1. Please suggest some family restaurants for breakfast and lunch near falls or Kanakapura town. I do not prefer the stand and eat types.
Congrats on your new car!
It is best to start as early as possible, the crowd builds up considerably around 11 AM around the falls.

Regarding restaurants, the only descent one I have seen on that route is near just before Kanakpura town called 'The Kitchen'. You can check the location and pics of the hotel I have uploaded here.

After Kanakpura there are no descent food options. There is a KSTDC Mayura near Gaganachukki falls, however it was empty when I went there.

Quote:
2. Do we need to trek to reach the falls/view points. As my mom cannot walk for long/climb stairs this will be a problem.
Gaganachukki is just a view point, you can not get near to falls. You get a good view of the falls from parking lot itself, however for a better view you will have to climb down ~ 50 steps.

For Barachukki you need to climb down quiet few steps. It may not be easy for kids and aged persons. However last weekend these steps were closed due to heavy flow of water at falls. In that case you can watch this falls also from a distance or from a viewing platform made near to parking.

Apart from this there is no walking in Barachukki also, parking area is ~ 50 mts from start of stairs.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:19   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats on your new car!
It is best to start as early as possible, the crowd builds up considerably around 11 AM around the falls.

Regarding restaurants, the only descent one I have seen on that route is near just before Kanakpura town called 'The Kitchen'. You can check the location and pics of the hotel I have uploaded here.

After Kanakpura there are no descent food options. There is a KSTDC Mayura near Gaganachukki falls, however it was empty when I went there.

Gaganachukki is just a view point, you can not get near to falls. You get a good view of the falls from parking lot itself, however for a better view you will have to climb down ~ 50 steps.

For Barachukki you need to climb down quiet few steps. It may not be easy for kids and aged persons. However last weekend these steps were closed due to heavy flow of water at falls. In that case you can watch this falls also from a distance or from a viewing platform made near to parking.

Apart from this there is no walking in Barachukki also, parking area is ~ 50 mts from start of stairs.
Thanks for the quick reply. Any pointers to 'The Kitchen' on google map or some land marks will be of great help. When driving from Bangalore to Kanakapura is it on the left or right side of the road?
Old 21st August 2014, 17:42   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Any pointers to 'The Kitchen' on google map or some land marks will be of great help. When driving from Bangalore to Kanakapura is it on the left or right side of the road?
The place is around here, but not listed in Google maps.

While driving towards Kanakpura you will notice a wide straight road which forks out from NH on the right side. Hotel is soon after this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks