Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 15:18   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKOUL View Post
Bangalore - Kanakpura (Stop for breakfast) - Malavalli - Shivanasamudra - BR temple - BR Sanctuary - Chamrajanagar - Malavalli - Bangalore
Lunch could be at Nijaguna Chamrajanagar. That is the only family friendly place that I know of in that area. You might also want to go to Somnathpura if you havent visited the same and then drive back via Bannur - Malavalli - Kanakpura.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 19:28   #242
BHPian

Please be aware that Kanakapura road is under construction. 4laning project is going on. Expect deep excavations and better to avoid driving at night. There will be long traffic snarls on weekends at junctions and construction sites. If you can, please go through Mysore road.
Old 9th June 2018, 11:11   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

With road widening work ongoing on Kanakpura road, it is now difficult to select between Mysore road and Kanakpura road for Shivanasamudra.

However, personally I would still favor Kanakapura road with early morning start to avoid crowd. As Romins mentioned above, if driving after sunset be careful about road work.
Old 13th June 2018, 13:00   #244
BHPian

I will be riding to Melukote this weekend. Do you know the condition of Mysore road until Mandya? I have seen the road-widening work happening 6 months back.

Last edited by Romins : 13th June 2018 at 13:01.
Old 13th June 2018, 13:41   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
I will be riding to Melukote this weekend
Do check this thread & post for more details. If you are driving from North/West Bangalore, you can try this route to drive through some super country roads which should be nice & green right now.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 14:23   #246
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
I will be riding to Melukote this weekend. Do you know the condition of Mysore road until Mandya? I have seen the road-widening work happening 6 months back.
I would suggest avoiding the Mysore road route.
Instead take Nelamangala-Kunigal and then turn off to left towards Nagamangala. From Nagamangala take the road that goes right and reaches Melukote (this is better since the nagamangala-pandavapura stretch has some widening work in small stretches).

*Another alternative is Magadi-Huliyurdurga-Nagamangala-Melukote.

My trip experience from April 2018 posted here (Driving between Bangalore and Mysore)

Last edited by NPV : 13th June 2018 at 14:27.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 12:07   #247
BHPian

I had gone to Melukote last weekend via Nelamangala-Bellur Cross- Nagamangala route. This route is nice, except that there is some road widening work in between. Watch out for speed breakers and the construction debris. Otherwise, the traffic is less and it took a little more 3hrs to cover 180km from Bangalore to Melukote.
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 15:59   #248
BHPian

I am planning a day trip to Shivanasamudra Falls. Any idea on the Kanakpura road condition and place to eat back and forth?

Any advice will be welcome
Old 18th November 2018, 17:24   #249
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am planning a day trip to Shivanasamudra Falls. Any idea on the Kanakpura road condition and place to eat back and forth?
Road widening work is in progress and there are diversions, but manageable with an early start. Return may be bit painful in the evening.
Places to eat -

-MTR 1924 (probably too early since it's closer to the city and may not be open if you start early morning)
-Mandarathi Gardenia

In Kanakapura town (on the highway):
Vasu Hotel or Srinivasa Sagar (food is decent but no other family friendly facilities).

There is a KSTDC Mayura at Shivanasamudra.
Old 18th November 2018, 17:31   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Road widening work is in progress and there are diversions, but manageable with an early start. Return may be bit painful in the evening.
Thank you. Will Kanakpura section be OK if I start by 6 am from Marathahalli? Any McDonald on the way as the kids are insisting on that.

Can I hit Bangalore by 4 pm if I start by 12 noon from there?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2018 at 07:12. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 18th November 2018, 21:50   #251
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will Kanakpura section be OK if I start by 6 am from Marathahalli? Any McDonald on the way as the kids are insisting on that.

6am start on a normal weekend should be fine, you can take Marathahalli-Outer ring road-Hosur road-NICE road-Exit at Kanakapura road.

I do not know if there are McDonalds outlets on this route.

For your return journey, 12pm start is good, but will you have enough time to spend at Shivanasamudra ?, that I'm not sure. I think if you can start by 2pm also it should be ok.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 11:22   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Will Kanakpura section be OK if I start by 6 am from Marathahalli? Any McDonald on the way as the kids are insisting on that.

Thanks in advance.
If you skip the nice road and go via JP Nagar, there is a McDonald outlet near the underpass, but I guess it will be too early for a stop. There are no McDonald outlets on Kanakapura road. There are a few CCD outlets en route.
girimajiananth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 15:30   #253
BHPian

I went today itself. Started at 6 and reached at 8.45 via Kanakpura. Road widening is going on but its not that bad. Didn't stop anywhere.
It was quite hot so started at 11 am itself and reached HSR, in time for lunch at 1.30 pm. Took the same route back again.

Thank you guys for your prompt inputs...
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 16:48   #254
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went today itself. Started at 6 and reached at 8.45 via Kanakpura. Road widening is going on but its not that bad. Didn't stop anywhere.
It was quite hot so started at 11 am itself and reached HSR, in time for lunch at 1.30 pm.
That was quick Thanks for the update.

Did you visit both Gaganachukki and Barachukki falls ? How were the water levels ?
Old 19th November 2018, 18:37   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
That was quick Thanks for the update.

Did you visit both Gaganachukki and Barachukki falls ? How were the water levels ?
Visited both. Water levels are low but views are still enjoyable. Could have spent a couple of hours more if it was not that hot today
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks