Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 17:42   #46
BHPian

Hi All,

How those falls will be in June 2010?. Plz. pardone my ignorance. Asking as we'll be in Bangalore during that time and looking for a scenic spot to watch natural beauty at that time. Looking for a 8 am to 6 pm visit in own car. Kindly advise. Though I think, still I would have to check the status of those falls at that time too, right. But, should we keep those in mind et al.? That's what I want your opinion at this point.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Hi All,

How those falls will be in June 2010?. Plz. pardone my ignorance. Asking as we'll be in Bangalore during that time and looking for a scenic spot to watch natural beauty at that time. Looking for a 8 am to 6 pm visit in own car. Kindly advise. Though I think, still I would have to check the status of those falls at that time too, right. But, should we keep those in mind et al.? That's what I want your opinion at this point.

Thanks in advance.
I had been here about 3 weeks back. There is good volume of water now as it has rained pretty well in the recent months.
During June its usually very less water as the monsoons would have just started.
You can finish the trip in about half a day itself if you are starting from bangalore at 8:00 AM.
Old 14th January 2010, 12:39   #48

anyone done this trip recently? how are the roads?
Old 16th January 2010, 08:33   #49
BHPian

Been to Gaganachukki & bharachukki falls on 29th DEC 2009, it was not a great picterque veiw.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-dsc03335.jpg  

Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-dsc03340.jpg  

Old 28th July 2010, 19:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Road condition to Shivanasamudra

Hi,

I am planning for a trip to shivanasamudra this saturday (31st july).When i had gone couple of years back, the roads were too bad from mysore road till shivanasamudra. We negotiated 30 kms stretch for more than an hour.

Can anyone update how are the roads now from Maddur till shivanasamudra?

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 29th July 2010, 09:09   #51
BHPian

About couple of months back, when I had driven on this road, it was ok. I could drive at average speed of about 50 - 60 except some small stretches closer to the villages.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:52   #52
Team-BHP Support

The other option: Why not take the Kanakpura road itself?
Old 30th July 2010, 17:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the responses. How is kanakapura road side to shivanasamdura? Recommended better than mysore road via maddur?

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 30th July 2010, 18:24   #54
Team-BHP Support

I guess best thing is: Visit Shivasamundaram via kanakpura road. Then goto Somnathpura and return via Maddur. Makes a nice round trip.

Somnathpura Details:

Somanathapura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 30th July 2010, 18:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks for the responses. How is kanakapura road side to shivanasamdura? Recommended better than mysore road via maddur?
Last time I travelled through Kanakapura (I think in June), the road condition was excellent all the way between Bangalore and Malavalli. Kanakapura town itself is a little bit of of a bottleneck though - there was some construction going on and it took me about 10-15 minutes to negotiate the town (got caught in a traffic jam around the bus stand).

Not sure of the road conditions from Malavalli to Kollegal though (I think Shivanasamudra comes about midway on this route - right ?)
Old 1st August 2010, 12:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Kala.

We took the Mysore road yesterday, because we wanted to have our breakfast in Kamat Lokaruchi
After taking left from maddur, about initial 30% road is not good. Too many potholes. After that, till shivanasamudra the tar road is okay, but hell a lot of patches, but still manageable & not bad. After malavalli town, few stretches are very good.
Later we went to somanathpur (via malavalli) and then to mysore palace and returned back to bangalore. In somanathpur temple, they are renovating the left side of the temple completely.

It was a nice trip in total.

-Ravi
Old 27th September 2010, 15:31   #57
BHPian

@kala.
Thanks. Taken Blore-Kanakapura-Malavalli route to shivanasamdura. It was good.
While coming back took Malavalli-Maddur-Blore. Malavalli to Madur route is in bad shape and took lot of time to reach maddur.
Old 16th October 2011, 16:59   #58
BANNED

re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Planning to visit the falls during Deepavali holidays... I want to know whether it is right time to visit the falls?
Also like to know, whether we have to carry our food packed along with us? Any hotels available in and around the falls?
will it be possible for us to have a bath without any risks?
I am planning to start early morning around 6.00 am from Krishnagiri...
Old 16th October 2011, 19:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
Planning to visit the falls during Deepavali holidays... I want to know whether it is right time to visit the falls?
Also like to know, whether we have to carry our food packed along with us? Any hotels available in and around the falls?
will it be possible for us to have a bath without any risks?
I am planning to start early morning around 6.00 am from Krishnagiri...
Yes. Good time to go. Ideally pack the food. Else you can either eat in Georgia Sunshine Village resort. GeorgiaSunshine

Call them up and confrim whether they serve lunch or in Malavalli.

You can take bath but please follow the safety instructions and don't go very close to falls. Be careful of unknown waters.

You can take NICE road and get out at Kanakapura exit and go via Kanakapura. Please also visit magnificent Somanathpur temple of Hoysala period which is close by.

Somanathapura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Fauji : 16th October 2011 at 19:55.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:25   #60
BANNED

Thanks Fauji. I saw some of Somanathpura travelouges. Will try to cover the same by starting even a little bit early from Krishnagiri. Thanks once again for the information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks