Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:22   #226
BHPian

Re: Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries

Hi All,

I would require your help in planning for my upcoming road trip from Jaisalmer to Delhi.
Planned route is Jaisalmer-->Jaipur-->Agra-->Delhi.

We would be 4 of us in total and 2 drivers. would be driving a E220 CDI.
Drive is planned during mid July.

We would be taking the Yamuna expressway from Agra to Delhi.

Could anyone of you who has driven the stretches from Jaisalmer-->Jaipur-->Agra can give me any details about the road conditions specifically considering that E-Class has a GC on just 123mm.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
Looking forward for some suggestions!
Old 3rd February 2024, 15:19   #227
BHPian

Delhi - Jaisalmer Route Query

Dear Friends

I am planning a 5N/6D family trip to Jaisalmer in March. While I have done many road trips to Rajasthan, the farthest I have gone so far is Ajmer. So reaching out to you all to help me with some of the queries I have which will either make or break this trip.

First things first. Is March a good time to visit Jaisalmer??

Quoting from a leading travel portal: "The best time to visit Jaisalmer is between October and March, when the temperature in this culture-rich place is between 10°c to 27°c." However, over the years I have learnt to believe fellow roadies rather than these portals. So your views on the weather will be relied upon.

I am going to be the sole driver. Hence we would have to break journey. The plan is to start early (by 6AM) and break journey at around 2-3PM.

Now we do not want to break it just for sleeping at night. Ideally we would like that the place has some places of interest which we can cover in whatever time we get that evening and few hours next morning. Resume journey to Jaisalmer around 1PM and reach between 6-8 PM.

With the above in mind, I would request your suggestions on the below:

1. Which would be the best route to take from Ghaziabad/Noida (per google looks like via EPE/Bikaner/Jaisalmer)

2. Your suggestion on the place to break journey with a good resort. My wife (and to some extent me too) are very particular about resorts. So a good 4 or 5 star would be ideal.

3. If you have a place which is not on the above route (point 1), but a must visit place, then feel free to suggest. We do not mind changing the route as long as we are able to reach that place by 2-3PM.

4. Overall, I do not want to drive for more than 7-8 hours on either days, so kindly consider that while suggesting the place

5. Good desert resort options in Jaisalmer. It will be a bonus if they offer/arrange activities.

6. Any good places to keep an eye out along the routes (not for stay, but something that we can just stop, admire, click pics and move on).

7. Lastly, even in return journey, we would need to break. So instead of taking the same route back, would be glad if we have an option to take an alternate and cover few more touristy places.

Do let me know if you need any further info from my side.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Cheers
Old 4th February 2024, 16:42   #228
BHPian

I just did a road trip across Rajasthan in the last week of December, and the weather was pleasant at that time in Jaisalmer. The temperatures during daytime were 18-20* Celsius.

I looked at the historical weather data, and it looks like the mean daily maximum temperature in March is 33 Celsius. That would make it non-ideal, at least for me. Evenings should still be pleasant, but daytime would be hot, and that is when you will be walking through the fort and the city.

If you still want to go, do let me know in the replies and I'll share an itinerary and route suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-jaisalmer-weather.png  

Last edited by nicodash : 4th February 2024 at 16:59.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 11:39   #229
BHPian

Thank you Moderators for merging this thread. I did search for an existing thread, couldn't find it and after a while gave up.

Thank you @Nicodash for your response. At 33 deg, it will surely be little uncomfortable, but for now we have almost zeroed in on Jaisalmer as the location.

Would be grateful if you can share more details.

Thank you
Old 5th February 2024, 12:46   #230
BHPian

Here is a suggested itinerary. You can make tweaks according to your convenience and preference.

Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-itinerary.png

On day 1, you can drive from Ghaziabad to Pushkar via Peripherial-MumabiExpressway-Jaipur route. If you want to drive longer, you can continue till Jodhpur and stay there instead. Here is the map of the complete route:

Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-map.png

For Bikaner to Ghaziabad trip on the last day, I am not sure which route would be best. I had taken the lower, gray route via Chirawa. But for Ghaziabad, Google is showing a different route, which you can research about.

Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-bikaner-ghaziabad.png
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks