Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 13:02   #181
BHPian

Re: Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
hi Guys,

Need help in route planning for a Gurgaon - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Bikaner - Mandawa - Gurgaon trip.

The route i am thinking of taking is -

1. Gurgaon - Jodhpur

Gurgaon - NH8 - Jaipur - Ajmer (possible halt here for lunch) - Beawar - Bar - Jodhpur

Is this a good route? Road conditions? If i start early in the morning from Gurgaon (say 5 am) will i have time to do some sightseeing in Ajmer/Pushkar? Does is make sense to do that? Eating options? Are there good dhabas/ midway points on the route?
I did Delhi-Behror-Jhunjhunu-Mandawa-Fatehpur-Bikaner-Phalodi-Pokhran-Jaisalmer-Longewala-Tanot-Jaisalmer-Pokhran-Jodhpur-Beawar-Delhi in the last week of November this year.

This road till Bar is just fantastic! Plenty of food options en-route. Highwayking, one just before Jaipur exit and another after Jaipur bypass is a popular choice. I prefer stopping at Triputi at kotputli every time I head towards Jaipur. There is a McDonalds 33kms away from Jaipur on your left and another just before Ajmer on your right.

I took this route while returning from Jodhpur, I started at 11:00am from Jodhpur and reached Delhi at 8:30Pm.

Quote:
2. Jodhpur - Jaisalmer
route 1 - NH 125 & NH 11
Jodhpur - Pokhran - Jaisalmer

route 2 - SH61 & NH 11
Jodhpur - Osian - Phalodi - Pokhran - Jaisalmer

Which route to take?
Is there anything worthwhile to stop in Osian, Pokhran enroute to Jaisalmer? How is the route condition? Places to eat?
Thar Midway at Dechu on Jodhpur-Jaisalmer road, serves delicious Sev Tamatar. It took us 5 hours to reach Jodhpur from Jaisalmer.Road widening work going on around Dechu, bad 20-30 kms overall.

Quote:
3. Jaisalmer - Bikaner
NH11
Jaisalmer - Pokhran - Phalodi - Khichan - Gajner - Bikaner
Good roads, road widening work going on just before Bikaner. Not so good food options on this stretch.

Quote:
4. Bikaner - Mandawa
NH11
Bikaner - ratangarh - fatehgarh - mandawa

how is the road condition? What are the places to see in Fatehgarh, Mandawa, Jhunjhunu? Any other important Shekhawati places around here?

5. Mandawa - Gurgaon
Mandawa - Jhunjhunu - Chirawa - Loharu - Jhajjar - Gurgaon

I have heard that the road conditions are not very good here? any alternative routes with better road conditions?
Please avoid this route. The entire stretch from Jhunjhunu to Fatehpur has potholes throughout and you won't find traffic except for local busses and autos. I would suggest taking the Jodhpur route for return as well. If you still take this route, do not at any cost trust google maps!

Quote:
Also in general - how is this circuit safety wise? I will be driving with my family - anything security concerns that i should take notice? Is driving in the evening/night safe?

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
Ajmer-Bar-Jodhpur-Pokhran route is safe. I drove in the dark from Ajmer to Udaipur via Beawar with family last week and did not find any issues. I would again say, avoid the Mandawa-Fatehpur route, all the more so if you are driving a sedan.

Do visit Longewala and Tanot. Have a safe journey
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 13:32   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes this is the preferred route.Plenty of restaurants enroute.If your plan is to visit the dargah and the temple,it depends on the rush and the parking availability etc.Easiest would be for you to park your car in the railway station and hire a rick to take you to both places and drop you back to the station parking.So far havent heard of any safety issues with the RS parking.
Thanks Ranjit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I did Delhi-Behror-Jhunjhunu-Mandawa-Fatehpur-Bikaner-Phalodi-Pokhran-Jaisalmer-Longewala-Tanot-Jaisalmer-Pokhran-Jodhpur-Beawar-Delhi in the last week of November this year.

Please avoid this route. The entire stretch from Jhunjhunu to Fatehpur has potholes throughout and you won't find traffic except for local busses and autos. I would suggest taking the Jodhpur route for return as well. If you still take this route, do not at any cost trust google maps!

Ajmer-Bar-Jodhpur-Pokhran route is safe. I drove in the dark from Ajmer to Udaipur via Beawar with family last week and did not find any issues. I would again say, avoid the Mandawa-Fatehpur route, all the more so if you are driving a sedan.

Do visit Longewala and Tanot. Have a safe journey
Thanks. The thing is - I want to also visit the Shekhawati Havelis in the region and have already made bookings in Mandawa. So i need to take this route

Are there any alternate routes that one could take?
BTW - i drive a Scorpio.
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 13:44   #183

Quote:
I would again say, avoid the Mandawa-Fatehpur route, all the more so if you are driving a sedan.
Have a safe journey
Hello,
Do have any pointers for this alternate route from N Delhi via Bahadurgarh-Bhiwani-Sudulpur-Sardarshahr-Dungargarh-Bikaner (courtesy Google maps)

Is it doable? If not any alternate route to Jaisalmer via Bikaner? Btw I have aN Octavia. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-20161225.png  

Old 25th December 2016, 19:54   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polestar2016 View Post

Is it doable? If not any alternate route to Jaisalmer via Bikaner?
Sorry, the route I know is via Mandawa. A friend suggested me to take the Jaipur-sikar-Fatehpur-Bikaner road for next time, which appears to be longer.

Last edited by sinharishi : 25th December 2016 at 19:58.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 08:11   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are north or west Delhi that is the route.

If you are in south the fastest is Jaipur highway till Kotputli. Then on to Neem-ka-thana (not Neerana!!) to Sikar. Then two options - zig zg to Nagaur-Phalodi-Jaisalmer. Or faster - though slightly longer - Bikaner-Phlodi-Jaisalmer

Though my favoured one is via Daruhera-Rewari-Narnaul-Jhunjhunu-Churu-Rattangarh-Bikaner-Jaisalmer. Do try Ridhi Sidhi at Bagar (just before Jhunjhunu) for excellent meals.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 12:11   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post

If you are in south the fastest is Jaipur highway till Kotputli. Then on to Neem-ka-thana (not Neerana!!) to Sikar. Then two options - zig zg to Nagaur-Phalodi-Jaisalmer. Or faster - though slightly longer - Bikaner-Phlodi-Jaisalmer

Though my favoured one is via Daruhera-Rewari-Narnaul-Jhunjhunu-Churu-Rattangarh-Bikaner-Jaisalmer. Do try Ridhi Sidhi at Bagar (just before Jhunjhunu) for excellent meals.
Thanks. How are the road conditions? I have heard that the Narnaul - Rewari roads are in very bad condition?

Also - any Idea about the roads and in general condition about the -
Gurgaon - Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri - Loharu route?

How are the roads and also safety wise?

Thanks.
Old 27th December 2016, 12:22   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Not entirely bad between Rewari and Narnaul but yes there are some areas that you may have to take it easy. We did this earlier this month in a Fortuner and so there was not much need to slow down.
Speed breakers are another story but you will encounter these on all roads.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 14:42   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post

I am too looking for the route from Gurgaon to Jaisalmer. For the above two options can you please specify the time taken for the both. Also if possible can you beak the route conditions stretch wise.

In the first option I am getting two route from Neemkathana to Sikar, one via Udaipurwati and the other via Patsana, which is the better route.

In the second option and your suggested option what is the road condition between Jhunjhunu - Churu - Rattangarh.

I will be driving a Sedan so in your view which will be the better option, should I consider Gurgaon - Jaipur -Ajmer - Beawar - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer ( It is definitely way longer and i would only consider if there is considerably difference in road condition)

Thanks.
Old 27th December 2016, 15:36   #189
BHPian

Have anyone gone through the route recently.
I am starting from Gurgaon, Main attraction for me will be long drive with my wife , Ajmer Dargah and Sand dunes at Jaisalmer.
Please do let me know the best possible route.
Old 27th December 2016, 20:04   #190
BHPian

Hi All,
I am currently in Jaisalmer and require advise on following points :
1. Is it advisable to leave at 10 pm from Jaisalmer to Delhi? We are a group of 3 boys so driving will not be a problem
2. Is the route safe and what route should we opt for?

Will be grateful if I get a quick reply as we are planning to leave in another 2 hours

Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 23:22   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it advisable to leave at 10 pm from Jaisalmer to Delhi? We are a group of 3 boys so driving will not be a problem
Mostly driving at Night in Rajasthan is safe, check Sudev's posts above. If you want to be absolutely safe and won't worry about an extra 100 Km, you should go to Pali and thereafter take the highway to Ajmer/ Jaipur and Delhi. I believe it should take the same time.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Jaisa...28.7040592!3e0

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th December 2016 at 23:24.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 07:34   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
.... what is the road condition between Jhunjhunu - Churu - Rattangarh.

I will be driving a Sedan.....
That is good stretch.

I am a bit surprised on questions like "we are leaving on ten minutes....." Guys this is not a travel desk of a hotel.

Last edited by sudev : 28th December 2016 at 07:38.
sudev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 19:30   #193
BHPian

I just completed Gurgaon - Jodhpur.

We ended up choosing gurgaon-jaipur-ajmer-beamar-pali-jodhpur. Excellent road; full toll road till Jodhpur. Took 10 hrs with 2 hrs stops. Only down was almost 15 toll stops on the route, some were taking almost 20 mins. But then the roads made up for the time lost.

It's another 4 hours to Jaisalmer from here, which we are planning to do day after.

Wanted a heads up on route to Jaisalmer from jodhpur. Should we take the jodhpur-dechu-pokhran-jaisalmer 282 km or jodhpur-osian- phalodi-pokhran-jaisalmer 302 km. Please let know if anybody has experience.
Old 28th December 2016, 20:36   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wanted a heads up on route to Jaisalmer from jodhpur. Should we take the jodhpur-dechu-pokhran-jaisalmer 282 km or jodhpur-osian- phalodi-pokhran-jaisalmer 302 km. Please let know if anybody has experience.
Stick to Jodhpur-Dechu-Pokhran-Jaisalmer route,should not take you more than 4.5hrs of drive time.Breakfast at Jodhpur and lunch at Jaisalmer!
Old 28th December 2016, 20:46   #195
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Pokran-Jaisalmer : Lots of diversion and road repair work for the first 50kms, then smooth single lane road till Jaisalmer.
[*]Jaisalmer-Jodhpur : Road widening work going on around Dechu, bad 20-30 kms overall.
Quote:

Quoting my own post. I did Jaisalmer-Pokhran-Dechu-Jodhpur last month. Took us 5 hours with 1 break. Have a safe trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks