Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2020, 21:40   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post
Is it ---- 5pm".

So, not sure whether it’ll be bearable during this season and is it worth doing site seeing by taking some precautions or better be safe and plan during winter.
Plan for winter. With kids in tow, irritable behavior will not even be just under the surface, but right there. Dry and sweaty heat will just ruin your holiday. If going further north to mountains, I'd suggest you head straight over there. 43 average will just drain all of you out.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 19:13   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post
Is it advisable to visit Jaisalmer by April? As I’m planning to cover few more norther locations, summer holidays are the best time to match my leave plans with kids. I did go through various forums and stunned to see the peak temperature hitting up to 48 ° C and average around 43° C, also read few caution notes "Not to venture out between 11am and 5pm".

So, not sure whether it’ll be bearable during this season and is it worth doing site seeing by taking some precautions or better be safe and plan during winter.
I have done Rajasthan Circuit in May 2017, the major issue you will face is dry hot wind. Air conditioner of car will take minimum 30 minutes to cool the cabin. Only brighter side will be, there would be no tourists around and you can have entire place for yourself and accommodation charges would be really low.

In my view avoid, however if you really want to proceed, please keep following points into consideration.
1. Always cover you head
2. Keep drinking water
3. Have heavy breakfast
4. Always try to park your car under the some shed
nndp87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 16:29   #213
BHPian

Hello mayankk, nndp87. Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. So, logically it’s better to plan during winter, however I may try with the precautions as advised during summer. I’m so tempted considering the beauty of Jaisalmer and the long drive a head, but I’ll finalize as the vacation approaches and hope my head will win over heart.
Old 5th March 2020, 13:47   #214

Hi All,

Planning to drive Gurugram to Jaisalmer over the long weekend. Plan is as follows:

Day 1 : Leave early evening and halt at Sikar overnight. (Bookings done)
Day 2 : Sikar to Jaisalmer (Sam Sand dunes)
Day 3 & 4 : Jaisalmer and surrounding
Day 5 : Jaisalmer to Gurugram

Please help me with routes for Day 1, 2 and 5. I have driven long distances (> 1000km) many times and that won't be an issue.
Google Maps suggests Gurugram - Behror - Kotputli - Neem Ka Thana - Sikar for Day 1.
Is this the best route to get to Sikar? What route should I use for Day 2 and Day 5?
How are the road conditions?

I'm driving my Duster.
Old 5th March 2020, 16:42   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazonahighway View Post
Hi All,

Planning to drive Gurugram to Jaisalmer over the long weekend.

Day 5 : Jaisalmer to Gurugram

How are the road conditions?
Hi -

Can help you with only Day 5 of your drive, since we did it last Monday.

The roads are just fantastic and let you drive above 100 kmph for the most part till Jaipur. Jaipur-Delhi is the usual slow, truck traffic and you will be driving this stretch with headlights on, so it slows you down naturally.

We started at around 9.30 am, took couple of short loo breaks and an hour long break at Jaipur and managed to hit Delhi around midnight.

I'm attaching our route map below.

Enjoy your drive!

Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-jaisalmerdelhi.png
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:58   #216
BHPian

Hi, can anyone help me in deciding the route from Delhi (Paschim Vihar, West Delhi) to Jaisalmer? I was planning to take an overnight halt at Bikaner but the route shown to me is nowhere mentioned in any of the reviews/travalogues. It is via Rohtak-Bhiwani-Rajgarh-Taranagar-Bikaner.

Which is the best route to be taken? I can alter the overnight halt city as well.
Old 27th January 2021, 15:09   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Hi, can anyone help me in deciding the route from Delhi (Paschim Vihar, West Delhi) to Jaisalmer? I was planning to take an overnight halt at Bikaner but the route shown to me is nowhere mentioned in any of the reviews
Best and fastest route will be

Delhi- Rohtak (bypass) - Hissar (bypass)- Sadulpur ( don’t miss the right turn under a flyover- straight goes to churu) - Taranagar- Sardarshahr- shri Dungargarh- Bikaner ( can continue within city, bypass is longer and can be confusing)- Phalodi- Pokhran- Jaislmer.

You can easily do in 11-13 hours depending on the time you start from home.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:19   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Best and fastest route will be

Delhi- Rohtak (bypass) - Hissar (bypass)- Sadulpur ( don’t miss the right turn under a flyover- straight goes to churu) - Taranagar- Sardarshahr- shri Dungargarh- Bikaner ( can continue within city, bypass is longer and can be confusing)- Phalodi- Pokhran- Jaislmer.

You can easily do in 11-13 hours depending on the time you start from home.
Thanks a lot! Google Maps was also showing a similar route apart from Hisar Bypass. I was a little skeptical about the road conditions on this route but now I think I can assume all is well in that department.

This would be my first >10 hours drive and being the only driver I will prefer taking a pitstop.

Again, thanks for the help
Old 27th January 2021, 16:07   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
I was a little skeptical about the road conditions on this route but now I think I can assume all is well in that department.

This would be my first >10 hours drive and being the only driver I will prefer taking a pitstop.
Drive to Jaisalmer and beyond is one of the best we have in India and it will be safe to say, Jaisalmer as best driving destination from North India. The roads are fantastic all the way, except for Hissar Bypass where a railway over bridge is being built.

When you are in Jaisalmer, do plan a trip to longewala border. Road from Sam to the border is unlike any other you will find in India.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 17:20   #220

Hi,
I'm driving from Delhi to Jaisalmer in October with family in my old horse XUV 500.
I plant to take the Rohtak - Bikaner - Jaisalmer route. Can anyone tell me the road status after farmer protest and recent rains.
Any stops recommended for Breakfast and lunch?
Looking for open places as we are travelling with our pet cat

Thanks already!
Old 27th September 2021, 15:11   #221
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to travel from Jaipur to Jaisalmer in November. I guess, it would be around 11 hours considering the halts in between. We will be travelling with our kid (1 year 2 months old). Is it advisable to cover the route in one go? Google Maps is recommending the following route, how is the road condition?

Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries-d2af820a95614e96b35a30a06ba066fc.jpeg
Old 1st October 2021, 08:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcrest View Post
Hi,
I'm driving from Delhi to Jaisalmer in October with family in my old horse XUV 500.
I plant to take the Rohtak - Bikaner - Jaisalmer route. Can anyone tell me the road status after farmer protest and recent rains.

Thanks already!
1. I would suggest you other way round, possibly since this is a regular route for me to Jaisalmer(and my input is as fresh as yesterday).

2. I start from Alwar, its midway(though away from NH) Delhi Jaipur NH. Hit Jaipur using Bassi enroute. DO NOT enter jaipur and take ORR to bypass, its a fabulous 6 lane ORR, just like the one in Hyderabad and get onto Jodhpur Highway. Moment you hit Jodhpur highway, good eating joints will appear for good about 20 Kms. you must take a lunch break here.(My recommendation would be King).

3. Start your journey towards Jodhpur from Jaipur via Kishangarh - Ajmer-Jadan - Jodhpur. Roads are fantastic, with adequate fuel bunks. You can easily maintain an actual average of 60 KMPH with occasional speed bursts. Take a night halt in Jodhpur.

4. Start next day from Jodhpur to jaisalmer via Dechu - Pokhran. Again fantastic route, traffic will decrease drastically, and the distance is short so even late start from Jodhpur will easily makeup in 5 Hrs max. Stay at Jaisalmer. Go around the city.

5. Next morning, start for Laungewala. Hit laungewala straight. You might like to carry Cap, side cap, ray bans etc. Distance is only 150 Kms which is doable in 2 Hrs. Initial road is not very good due to construction activities. After about 120 Kms once you cross Ramgarh, driving bliss will start with straight roads leading to Laungewala. Mind you, No trees, shops, puncture repair etc. Should you face any problem enroute, request the first Army or BSF vehicle passing by you see. Help is GUARANTEED! You will find enoough eateries at Laungewala. Must visit the war memorial and museum and sagarmala. You may either return to Hotel in Jaisalmer for lunch and then proceed to Sam or can visit while you return from Laungewala. My advice, visit sam at 5 PM. Oh yes, you have a war museum in Jaisalmer too, just next to Army Cantt.

6. Do not use the Nagaur - Didwana route. It is again a fantastic route but is prone to Farmer protests. You will end up staying in Didwana for no reason.

7. Enjoy the drive, patriotism will be high on this trip for sure. JAI HIND.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 08:02   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, I am planning to travel from Jaipur to Jaisalmer in November. I guess, it would be around 11 hours considering the halts in between. We will be travelling with our kid (1 year 2 months old). Is it advisable to cover the route in one go? Google Maps is recommending the following route, how is the road condition?

Attachment 2212431
Kindly check my reply on the subject. Route you marked is definitely very good but during farmer protests is subjected to be blocked. Otherwise, no worries.
Old 1st October 2021, 10:34   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I plant to take the Rohtak - Bikaner - Jaisalmer route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Google Maps is recommending the following route, how is the road condition?
I took this route to Bikaner-Jaisalmer in Dec 2020. Please be warned that there is a huge establishment of farmers on the Rohtak highway. We left Delhi at 4am so that we are not caught up in a jam. IIRC, they have occupied 3 kms of the highway towards Delhi.

Post this, the drive is very scenic and roads are good all the way till Bikaner. Bikaner to Jaisalmer is 2-laned for the most stretch but again road surface is very good. Beware of interceptors.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:03   #225
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks already!
I did Delhi - Alsisar - Delhi last weekend, took the Delhi - Gurgaon - Jhajjar - Loharu - Pilani - Alsisar - Jhunjhunu - Narnaul - Behror - Gurgaon - Delhi route for my drive. The Rohtak / Jhajar - Loharu - Jhunjhunu section is badly potholed with only the Charkhi Dadri to Loharu stretch in good shape. The rest of the road was an absolute mess.

The return leg via Narnaul and Behror was way better. This also has its fair share of bad patches but mostly the road is well laid, albeit it is a 2-laned highway. Behror - Delhi is the usual Jaipur Delhi highway. There is a small patch near Neemrana which is affected due to farmer protests, so you will have to negotiate traffic in this stretch but otherwise it is a smooth sailing affair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks